PC orientation at Starbucks- - - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,026 Senior Member

Today, all the Starbucks stores nationwide are closing for a few hours so their employees can undergo "sensitivity" training.  Good for them!  Let's give them a little lesson in unintended consequences- - - - -hang out all day, don't buy anything, use the restrooms, and be sure to wear our MAGA hats and NRA T-shirts!  Then we can scream "DISCRIMINATION" from the rooftops when all the snowflakes melt down and harass us!

While we're at it, let's be sure to bring along a laptop, connect to their WIFI, and play Hickock 45 You Tube videos!

LOL!

Jerry

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,278 Senior Member
    Don't forget to bring the biggest cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee they serve with you. The swill they serve at Starbucks ain't fit to drink!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    You 2 need Human Relations Training.

I am well trained in that endeavor since I was trained by Dr. Bob himself. 
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    You 2 need Human Relations Training.

I am well trained in that endeavor since I was trained by Dr. Bob himself. 
    I've had Human Relations Training, Customer Focus Training, Race Relations Training, Sexual Harassment Training (I'm GOOD at that one!), Special High Intensity Training, and training on some other useless stuff and multiple times at that, over the years. Mostly by people that didn't have a clue about interacting with people in real life.

Best advice I heard over all those years was from another nuke plant operations worker; "Keep your mouth shut; do your effin' job; buy U.S. Savings Bonds." Seemed like the best way to stay out of trouble with the 'authorities'; the problem was my problem with the first part of that advice. :D

Yeah; but, you did not meet Dr. Bob
    I have a need for speed
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 950 Senior Member
    Danny Trejo barista training?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,026 Senior Member

"Human relations"- - - - - -that means having relations with humans, right?  That probably rules out getting frisky with anybody I might encounter at Starbucks- - - - -they're all a bunch of liberals!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Starbucks new rules will make it a daytime shelter for the homeless. You heard it here first! :)

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,976 Senior Member
    I thought what they did was company policy, seems like all they had to do was change their policy.
    Of course that wouldn't have given them all the free press.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,438 Senior Member
    All part of the commie plot to enforce "social justice" on the rest of us.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.
    All part of the commie plot to enforce "social justice" on the rest of us.
    Would not have to do such if social customs of the US would allow the use of the benjo  ditch when Ya gotta go
    I have a need for speed
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,711 Senior Member
    Years ago my boss and I asked our HR Director why we were the only two executives in our division that had not been scheduled for the mandatory sexual harassment training and she replied, “Because you two idiots don’t need any fresh ideas...” 🤣
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,648 Senior Member
    I had to do the same on line training at work, but I was always to busy to take it! My boss hated to bug me about it but it was mandatory! When I finally did it, it was several training videos with different scenarios. I  e mailed my boss when I finished and told her that my training was complete. I then told her that "I thought the Puerto Rican chick in some of the scenarios was kinda' hot!" All she replied was something about me going to hell!!:)
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,711 Senior Member
     :D 
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,599 Senior Member
    The Executive Chairman of Starbucks is stepping down later this month.
    CNBC is saying how much more he can do running for President. But naybe he wont, but.....
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,420 Senior Member
    All the sensitivity training in the world is absolutely useless if you treat people as a group rather than as individuals.  
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file