Hey those that use belly band holsters...

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 25,711 Senior Member
Any recommendations as to brands etc?  I saw a BUNCH on Amazon from $6-$70.  Most have too many complications and it seems to me they defeat the purpose of simplicity.  I've lost a few more pounds and wife now likes me in more "tailored" clothing which makes it tougher to hide larger firearms which I'm not ready to give up on.  PLUS I think carrying the big guns on a regular belt might be giving me a hint of sciatica which is HIGHLY undesirable, so I'm looking for an alternative that will allow me to get the weight off my waist and bring it a little higher...

Thoughts?
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,990 Senior Member
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,711 Senior Member
    They only have two sizes 46" and 57".  I think that's too big no?  I now wear 34" jeans and they are comfortable.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 2,990 Senior Member
    That's a maximum of 46". The smaller of the two is what I have and I also wear 34" pants. You'll find this the correct size. If you gain weight and need 50" pants...it won't fit any longer. 

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    Oooooh, I get it.  Thanks.
    That’s it?  Dans the only one?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    You answered that question yourself, 34" waists are not the norm here 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,879 Senior Member
    Bought a couple for the wife. They both print unless wore almost IWB. She loves em but only wears them occasionally. I tried them. Still prefer an IWB holster. I have not tried one of them on in some flimsy shorts and took a jog. Maybe that would change my mind. IDK
    CHIRO1989 said:
    So it is just Dan and I...   :D

Bought a couple for the wife. They both print unless wore almost IWB. She loves em but only wears them occasionally. I tried them. Still prefer an IWB holster. I have not tried one of them on in some flimsy shorts and took a jog. Maybe that would change my mind. IDK
    Ok, that's interesting.  My thought was to wear it a little higher than IWB level to hide a bigger gun.   Otherwise a 43 (or that new Kimber) in an IWB holster will just have to do.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 9,904 Senior Member

Ok, that's interesting.  My thought was to wear it a little higher than IWB level to hide a bigger gun.  
    That's what I was hoping for, too. I like my Shield, and shoot it fairly well, but I'm most confident with my XD45 Compact (4" barrel with a shortened grip).
  • Nevermiss1Nevermiss1 New Member Posts: 11 New Member
    I have seen only 46" and 57" don't think they have 34" that will fit perfectly
    bisley said:

Ok, that's interesting.  My thought was to wear it a little higher than IWB level to hide a bigger gun.  
    That's what I was hoping for, too. I like my Shield, and shoot it fairly well, but I'm most confident with my XD45 Compact (4" barrel with a shortened grip).
    That’s my problem.  I like my wife’s 43 and I’m sure I’ll like the new SIG but I’m just not as comfortable with the smaller pistols as I am with my 1911s or even my larger SIGs.  I have to work to get decent groups with the 43 and if I snooze I dump shots way low...
    I have seen only 46" and 57" don't think they have 34" that will fit perfectly
    Actually had new buy new jeans yesterday...  33s 😁
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,881 Senior Member
    edited June 2 #15

Here's the one I have.  No name brand on it that I see.  Was about ~$15 or less if I recall correctly.  35" waist (6'2", 195 lbs) and it fits perfectly, but I'm sure it would work for anything from ~30-40", maybe even a little more each way.  Holds anything from a S&W 36 to a full size Glock 17/22 just fine.  Works perfectly for when I'm mountain biking.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper said:

Here's the one I have.  No name brand on it that I see.  Was about ~$15 or less if I recall correctly.  35" waist (6'2", 195 lbs) and it fits perfectly, but I'm sure it would work for anything from ~30-40", maybe even a little more each way.  Holds anything from a S&W 36 to a full size Glock 17/22 just fine.  Works perfectly for when I'm mountain biking.
    I saw something similar in Amazon.  Do you remember where you bought it?
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,879 Senior Member
    Just asked the wife again for a review. She says that wearing shorts or running clothes for running or jogging it's the best holster she has ever wore. It stays in place and don't move. But...........she says it's hot as hades. Hot to the point where is has just got to take it off in this summer heat. Indoors she is fine with it but can't wear it in this Tn. heat. I'm going to order her a Remora to try. 
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 1,998 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Add 10" to that and I'm your huckleberry.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,987 Senior Member
    edited June 6 #19
    Just asked the wife again for a review. She says that wearing shorts or running clothes for running or jogging it's the best holster she has ever wore. It stays in place and don't move. But...........she says it's hot as hades. Hot to the point where is has just got to take it off in this summer heat. Indoors she is fine with it but can't wear it in this Tn. heat. I'm going to order her a Remora to try. 
    That's about what I'd expect. Anything tight like that is gonna be hot.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file