Just watched this. Awesome movie.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,764 Senior Member
    Yep...it was a good movie...well worth watching
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,544 Senior Member
    I  enjoyed it very good movie.  I kept waiting for a hammer to show up at sometime,
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,713 Senior Member
    Just watched it on a Delta flight.  Made the flight go quick.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    Both Team 555 and 595 eat breakfast about three days a week at the G's Pancake House on 41A, right outside of Gate 6. You have never have known they were the first teams in unless you were "in the know". There is a still on an on going debate as to who was actually in country first. 

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,648 Senior Member
    Buford said:
    I  enjoyed it very good movie.  I kept waiting for a hammer to show up at sometime,
    We can thank Australia and New Zealand for the "manly" actors!!

I was wondering if the cavalry charge at the end was as action packed as the actual event!! 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 962 Senior Member
    edited June 9 #7
    I read the book. I cant remember if it was a different title.

A fascinating story. I don't know what was more amazing. The lack of prior knowledge of circumstances or their ability to adapt and over come.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,169 Senior Member
    I remember watching some of there story on the news back in the early 2000's. The big comparison was to Rambo III (1989) and how they never believed Green Berets would ever ride a horse into battle like Stallone's character does in the third Rambo movie.

And then it happens! :*

BTW, good movie.
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,280 Senior Member
    I just ordered the DVD. I can't stand going to the movie theater anymore. Looks like it will be a good one to watch!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,552 Senior Member
    edited June 10 #10
    Buford said:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,236 Senior Member
    I liked it.  I thought the last battle scene was too embellished, but it followed the story vey well. Guys had huge cahoonas!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file