Triple Crown

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 9,908 Senior Member
I don't follow horse racing that much, unless there is a potential Triple Crown winner. I do love seeing a great horse do his thing. 'Justified' is impressive, but I have never thought any horse could hold a candle to Secretariat, so I looked at the youtube videos of the 1973 Triple Crown. The Belmont Stakes of 1973 is without a doubt (to me) a demonstration by the greatest horse in modern history. It exhilarated me when I watched it then, on live TV, and it still does.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,929 Senior Member
    I used to watch those races-----seems things get in the way lately.
    I have a need for speed
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    Bisley, I totally agree that Secretariat is the greatest to ever race.  He won the Belmont by so many lengths it was amazing.  Now, we've had 2 triple crown winners in the last 4 years (American Pharoah in 2015 and Justified this year).  Prior to that, there was a considerable drought dating to the 1970s, when there were 3.  Funny how those things play out.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,077 Senior Member
    Bisley, I totally agree that Secretariat is the greatest to ever race.  He won the Belmont by so many lengths it was amazing.  Now, we've had 2 triple crown winners in the last 4 years (American Pharoah in 2015 and Justified this year).  Prior to that, there was a considerable drought dating to the 1970s, when there were 3.  Funny how those things play out.

Make that Justify, not Justified.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,764 Senior Member
    I remember Secretariat at the Belmont...." Look at that sumbitch run!!!!"
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file