The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,280 Senior Member
    I don't need help losing stuff. I do just fine on my own! :D
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,886 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    That's what I have a wife for - finding crap that I lose. And I lose a LOT of stuff...
    That's what I have a wife for - losing stuff that I set in a specific place for a specific reason.  She calls it 'cleaning'.
    Ah, but she then knows where it is! As turned out to be the case just now. Looking for the neutral block to attach a 3/0 neutral to a ground/neutral bar in my service panel. She knew right where it was 'cause she'd put it there!

Of course, the damn thing might as well have stayed lost - even though its made by Cutler-Hammer for a Cutler-Hammer panel, the mounting screw is the wrong size...

Just use a self tapping screw. It will work just ask me how I know.
    edited June 12 #30334
    I've seen the video of Trump's meeting with the North Korean dictator. He forgot to bow and apologize for America.  How can he expect to accomplish anything like that? :D :D
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,931 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I have been working evenings during harvest for 10 days now. It will probably last through the weekend. I am missing quite a few Tee ball and coach pitch softball games but Uncle Sugar will sure be proud of the hours I have put in.  
    Sock that spare money in the retirement fund. It will grow while you're making more to put in there.
    That is the what happens. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,993 Senior Member
    The 3/0 inter-panel neutral has now been installed. Thank Goddess - that concludes the 3/0 work on this project!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,195 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    That's what I have a wife for - finding crap that I lose. And I lose a LOT of stuff...
    That's what I have a wife for - losing stuff that I set in a specific place for a specific reason.  She calls it 'cleaning'.
    Ah, but she then knows where it is! As turned out to be the case just now. Looking for the neutral block to attach a 3/0 neutral to a ground/neutral bar in my service panel. She knew right where it was 'cause she'd put it there!

It doesn't work that way in my house.  My wife has a habit of moving things and later not only does she not remember where she moved it to, she doesn't remember moving it at all!  ........until I find it, then she goes "Oh yeah!  I remember moving it now."  facepalm smiley
    "Where did those PVC Couplings go?  The Contractor is going to need them."
    "I moved them"
    "Where?"
    "uh.... I know they are still around here. Somewhere."

That conversation happened this morning.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,092 Senior Member
    Did you marry my wife's twin sister???
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

10canyon53 said:It doesn't work that way in my house.  My wife has a habit of moving things and later not only does she not remember where she moved it to, she doesn't remember moving it at all!  ........until I find it, then she goes "Oh yeah!  I remember moving it now."  facepalm smiley
    Better than mine, she'll SWEAR, she hasn't TOUCHED said item, even when it's finally found in one of HER favorite "stick it here to get it 'put up' " spots
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GilaGila Posts: 62 Member
    Old Ron said:
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Yards/lawns. Another one of those holes you shovel money into endlessly. FWIW, I have Zoysia grass in my front yard that sees a LOT of shade during the day. It was set out as sprigs a long time ago. It's thicker than hair on a dog's back, is drought resistant, seems to be VERY shade tolerant, and spreads more and more each year. It's so thick that it chokes out most everything but a little clover here and there, and the occasional dandelion.
    I've never heard of zoysia grass.  Is there any chance the stuff will grow in the Sonora Desert here where I live?  Burmuda does well here if given enough water, something that is in short supply unless it rains.
    Sort of doubt it would grow in a desert climate. It needs regular water, which is no problem here in East TN. The rain takes pretty good care of that part. I have never watered it, and won't water it. The spring branch that runs between the yard and the road seems to supply all the water it needs even during long periods of no rain.

Not much grows in a desert climate without the addition of regular watering. I'd see if some of the native grasses that do grow there would be an alternative to the water dependent stuff that is used for lawns.
    Every year I have to get rid of the elephant grass that comes up in my yard. 

Nice crop of rocks there . It would be tough to cut that lawn.
    The proper tool for the job is a weed wacker.  BTW, that's not my yard in the photo, as I've already wacked the "lawn" in it.  The photo is from a couple of mountain ranges over near where I grew up.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
    tennmike said:
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Was it one of those sideways mounted (transverse) engines? If so, you did it pretty quick! :D
    Big Chief said:
    tennmike said:
    Nearly 4 hours to change a power steering belt on a front wheel drive car. That's crazy but I got it done.
    Was it one of those sideways mounted (transverse) engines? If so, you did it pretty quick! :D
    He had a Winch/Wench to hep him get er done...Crying with Laughter animated emoticon
    Good form

Yes it was one of them sideways mounted ones. Took the tire and the inner fender well out just to get to it. Once I got the tensioner screw loose the bracket was froze up. After a little TLC with a crow bar and a BFH it finally moved enough to get the new belt on. And yes the wench did help me a few times. :D
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,675 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    Old Ron said:
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Yards/lawns. Another one of those holes you shovel money into endlessly. FWIW, I have Zoysia grass in my front yard that sees a LOT of shade during the day. It was set out as sprigs a long time ago. It's thicker than hair on a dog's back, is drought resistant, seems to be VERY shade tolerant, and spreads more and more each year. It's so thick that it chokes out most everything but a little clover here and there, and the occasional dandelion.
    I've never heard of zoysia grass.  Is there any chance the stuff will grow in the Sonora Desert here where I live?  Burmuda does well here if given enough water, something that is in short supply unless it rains.
    Sort of doubt it would grow in a desert climate. It needs regular water, which is no problem here in East TN. The rain takes pretty good care of that part. I have never watered it, and won't water it. The spring branch that runs between the yard and the road seems to supply all the water it needs even during long periods of no rain.

Not much grows in a desert climate without the addition of regular watering. I'd see if some of the native grasses that do grow there would be an alternative to the water dependent stuff that is used for lawns.
    Every year I have to get rid of the elephant grass that comes up in my yard. 

Nice crop of rocks there . It would be tough to cut that lawn.
    The proper tool for the job is a weed wacker.  BTW, that's not my yard in the photo, as I've already wacked the "lawn" in it.  The photo is from a couple of mountain ranges over near where I grew up.
    Nice looking country side there !
    Where I grew up it was middle class working people homes ......... How welfare slums.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,929 Senior Member
    Got new glasses today-----they work so well I'm seeing stuff I might not want to see.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,162 Senior Member
    Don't stand naked in front of a mirror wearing them new glasses............trust me, it can get scary.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I guess my post from awhile back finally got approved. I know I posted that previous post a week or so ago.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Got new glasses today-----they work so well I'm seeing stuff I might not want to see.

You need to go out and shoot and post up your new and improved groups hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,929 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    NN said:

Yes----I almost went today------but, Clean is back out of sync-----and we may be on the way to med attention again.

Waiting for the word.  
    I have a need for speed
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,993 Senior Member
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    Well, the insurance company and the auto body shop have come to an agreement and the insurance company will be paying the body shop directly.  I have an appointment to drop the truck off Monday morning. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,162 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #30350
    NN said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    NN said:

Yes----I almost went today------but, Clean is back out of sync-----and we may be on the way to med attention again.

Waiting for the word.  
     I hope she will be OK Ned.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,115 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    It doesn't work that way in my house.  My wife has a habit of moving things and later not only does she not remember where she moved it to, she doesn't remember moving it at all!  ........until I find it, then she goes "Oh yeah!  I remember moving it now."  facepalm smiley
    I guess I'm not the only one experiencing that. Last fall I decided to redo the fence chargers with a different type of insulator and I had to order the corner insulators that I wanted to use. When I was installing the insulators, I couldn't find the bag of corner insulators and Debbie claimed that she had never seen them and didn't even know what they looked like so I had to order them again. Last week I dropped a screwdriver in the guest room and it bounced under the bed and when I reached under the bed, I found a bag of fence insulators. We'll never know how they got there but I'll bet Debbie had something to do with it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,377 Senior Member
    I’m currently blatantly copying a product (for personal use) because I have tools and skills. And trying something new on the mill.  
    Painters tape on each part, super glue in between. Allows access to all but one surface, and holds like a hot damn from the videos I’ve watched. I’m currrently waiting for the glue to chooch before I start cutting. It was glued at an angle to the X axis  could have rotated the vice, but since I was gluing it, figured I’d save the adjustment. Angle isn’t totally critical anyway. 
    In reality, I’d have already been done had I simply bandsawed and sanded it. But, I would not learn anything that way. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 962 Senior Member
    My best wishes for both of you NN.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,601 Senior Member
    NN please give Mrs  Clean our regards
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    NN said:
    Clean is back in rhythm; but, is in the hospital being put on a new medicine-----maybe get out Fri about noon.  
    If I thought she'd see this, I'd say her problems are from putting up with you all these years :D
    All joking aside, hope she's better SOON, and you'd best have the house SPOTLESS before she gets home

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,736 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    NN please give Mrs  Clean our regards
    Same here.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Tell that lady to quit doing that crap! 
    Zee
    Wednesdays are normally my day off and today was no exception.  We're looking at remodeling the master bed/bath, doing siding and windows and finally finishing the "finished" basement... so there truly no such thing as a day off.  Now, even on my sleep in days, I'm out of bed before six.  I like the peace, quiet, and solitude of mornings when I don't have anywhere to be and all sorts of time to get there.  Anyhow, that also happens to be the best time to finish any chores that hasn't been completed the previous day... so I decided is do some laundry.  Well, (as usual) someone (the girl child, as usual, lol) had put clothes in the dryer and left them there for the next sucker (me) to take care of.  While putting her clothes into a basket, I came across some underwear that no dad would ever approve of. Crotchless!! 🤤 The coffee hadn't kicked in yet and good judgement had yet to make an appearance, so I headed upstairs to hand this particular problem to the Mrs.  She calmly let me have my say, and then explained to me that the article in question was, in fact, NOT crotchless underwear... it was a sport bra.  What I thought was a waistband instead is the band that keeps things under cover.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mrs CGG mutter "moron" under her breath as I headed back down stairs. 

That’s excellent. Most excellent. 
    Zee
    Finally. Got my new AC system installed in my house. Me and the misses started about 5 when we got home. New condenser, coil and copper set. I hate soldering 7/8ths copper when there is no way around putting 4 elbows in it. I also HATE crawling under my house. I don't mind crawling under yours but despise mine. :D Just sat down. Hope I don't have a leak come tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file