Some Knife & Gun Combo Fun............

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,195 Senior Member

Highway Patrolman and my handmade Scandi chopper
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 962 Senior Member

Thats firstclass work bullsi👍
    Never shot a 357 Nframe. Its got to be nice.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 25,713 Senior Member

NICE!!! 😍
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Pre-Model 18 and 1980s custom Skirchak knife
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    If you ran a line, you'd be the dapper trapper with those.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,929 Senior Member

That length barrel on a Highway Patrolman makes for some great shooting.
    Mrs. BML had one----I wanted to put it in my pocket.
    I have a need for speed
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,162 Senior Member
    My Highway Patrolman mdl 28 has a 6" tube. I had a 4" 27 before that I gave to a nephew. It felt overly "Chunky" to me, heavier than it was, tamed recoil with anything I could stuff in it. Some of my old school reloads using 2400 powder would rattle the rafters.  Great revolver though, I liked it, but just didn't feel right in my hand or as good as it should have for some reason. I know hard to explain.

My 4" 624  .44 Spl or model 13 don't give me that.................

Nice lookin combos here fellers.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    If you ran a line, you'd be the dapper trapper with those.
    Don’t know about that but I’m welcome in every whorehouse in NOLA 😎
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 1,976 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Wow!👀
    rberglof said:
    What are the details on those knives?  (Obviously I like Scandi blades)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Man, I got nuthin near as nice in blades as you guys. Some of those cost as much as the guns they are pictured with, I'd imagine.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    rberglof said:
    Knives are made in Sweden by Keresuando, we go to the Norsk Hostfest every year and they usually have knife vendors there and being Swedish I figure I should have a couple of them.

edited June 14 #75
    Big Chief said:
    Man, I got nuthin near as nice in blades as you guys. Some of those cost as much as the guns they are pictured with, I'd imagine.
    Some cost more...  Pre-ban Ivory and hand engraved.  .30” D2.

Big Chief said:

Nice knife, but you lost me after "Pre-ban Ivory and hand engraved....."
    I have only a very limited knowledge of knives, but can appreciate a well made one like this without being able to describe it.

rberglof said:
    rberglof said:
    Knives are made in Sweden by Keresuando, we go to the Norsk Hostfest every year and they usually have knife vendors there and being Swedish I figure I should have a couple of them.

oooh.  I need one of their hatchets now.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

oooh.  I need one of their hatchets now.
    So you wanna be known as a 'Hatchet-Man'........................ 
    This one is by Frosts of Sweden.
    Big Chief said:
    Big Chief said:

Nice knife, but you lost me after "Pre-ban Ivory and hand engraved....."
    I have only a very limited knowledge of knives, but can appreciate a well made one like this without being able to describe it.

Legal importation and trade in ivory was banned by the Obama administration based on basically no good reason at all.  The end result is the stuff was expensive before and now it is priced like gold and you can’t even sell it, even pre-ban stuff, interstate.
    I get the Ivory bit, but .30 and D2? 

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

Width of the blade and D2 steel i believe
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Big Chief said:

Width of the blade and D2 steel i believe
    Correct.  D2 is a relatively unusual steel for knives because most custom knife makers HATE working with it because it’s so freaking hard and 1/3” of an inch is an unusually thick blade.  Add to that the fact that a two edged dagger is the toughest grind to keep straight for a custom knife maker (you REALLY don’t see many around that are hand ground) and you have a fairly complex knife with exotic materials=fairly big price tag. 

S&W

NICE!!!
    Lots of great blade/gun combos here.  I'm really enjoying this thread!
    NICE!!!
    Thanks
    I just remembered, I bought them muffs on sale last week.🐒
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Now that pair is very modern lookin and go well together.
    Who makes that knife?  I LIKE it!

Its the Kershaw Malt. Assisted opening, and the flipper is a bottle opener. :D
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file