The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,599 Senior Member
    Wednesdays are normally my day off and today was no exception.  We're looking at remodeling the master bed/bath, doing siding and windows and finally finishing the "finished" basement... so there truly no such thing as a day off.  Now, even on my sleep in days, I'm out of bed before six.  I like the peace, quiet, and solitude of mornings when I don't have anywhere to be and all sorts of time to get there.  Anyhow, that also happens to be the best time to finish any chores that hasn't been completed the previous day... so I decided is do some laundry.  Well, (as usual) someone (the girl child, as usual, lol) had put clothes in the dryer and left them there for the next sucker (me) to take care of.  While putting her clothes into a basket, I came across some underwear that no dad would ever approve of. Crotchless!! 🤤 The coffee hadn't kicked in yet and good judgement had yet to make an appearance, so I headed upstairs to hand this particular problem to the Mrs.  She calmly let me have my say, and then explained to me that the article in question was, in fact, NOT crotchless underwear... it was a sport bra.  What I thought was a waistband instead is the band that keeps things under cover.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mrs CGG mutter "moron" under her breath as I headed back down stairs. 

I used to just put it in a basket and dump it on her bed. No looking, a dad just doesn't want to know
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,670 Senior Member
    Cool with power tools ? The same guy with stitches still in his melon ? I hope there are lots of first aid kits sprinkled around there !  lol
    I think we all hate the work around our own places terminator. Our homes should be a place to relax .......not so much in my world. If I didn't have so many brainfarts my places would be a lot nicer......boring but nicer.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,736 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Cool with power tools ? The same guy with stitches still in his melon ? I hope there are lots of first aid kits sprinkled around there !  lol
    I think we all hate the work around our own places terminator. Our homes should be a place to relax .......not so much in my world. If I didn't have so many brainfarts my places would be a lot nicer......boring but nicer.

Power tools aren't the problem... it's those sneaky shelving pieces with their pesky pokey bits trying to occupy the space that my melon is being placed in!

Damned recalcitrant shelving!!😡

"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,736 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I’m currently blatantly copying a product (for personal use) because I have tools and skills. And trying something new on the mill.  
    Painters tape on each part, super glue in between. Allows access to all but one surface, and holds like a hot damn from the videos I’ve watched. I’m currrently waiting for the glue to chooch before I start cutting. It was glued at an angle to the X axis  could have rotated the vice, but since I was gluing it, figured I’d save the adjustment. Angle isn’t totally critical anyway. 
    In reality, I’d have already been done had I simply bandsawed and sanded it. But, I would not learn anything that way. 
    How many kopecks did that glue set you back?😉
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,370 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #30367
    cpj said:
    I’m currently blatantly copying a product (for personal use) because I have tools and skills. And trying something new on the mill.  
    Painters tape on each part, super glue in between. Allows access to all but one surface, and holds like a hot damn from the videos I’ve watched. I’m currrently waiting for the glue to chooch before I start cutting. It was glued at an angle to the X axis  could have rotated the vice, but since I was gluing it, figured I’d save the adjustment. Angle isn’t totally critical anyway. 
    In reality, I’d have already been done had I simply bandsawed and sanded it. But, I would not learn anything that way. 
    Just a few doll hairs. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,278 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Clean is doing well, seems upbeat on the phone.

Low magnesium may be much of the problem.

Well, that should be an easy fix, I hope! Good to hear Mrs. Clean is on the mend!
    Non Sibi Sed Patriage (Not for self, but country)

cpj said:
    cpj said:
    Just a few doll hairs. 
    I suppose that would work, but I've just used super glue to stick the metal together, and then used acetone to separate them when done. Holding parts together with tape and glue, and then milling them just creeps me out; I'll be interested to see how that works out for ya. Might be interesting if it actually works. Thumbs Up Hand Gesture animated emoticon

edited June 14 #30371
    ....🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
    Zee
    This quote feature can suck my ass. 

Anyway Mike, have a look see, it shows the process. 

https://youtu.be/r6DCvtcU8_M

Mine failed. For two reasons. In my haste I forgot to clean the part I was machining. Two..... I had already drilled holes in the part. Then sprayed with my lubricant of choice, wd40. Smell what I’m stepping in?

It does hold, and there’s no clean up. 
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 15,987 Senior Member
    Wife had 71 pix on her fone. I wanted to bluetooth them off. Was NOT intuitive, and virtually all references on the 'net were WRONG. Finally found one that was correct. Backwards thinking process, but at least I know how to do it now...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 950 Senior Member
    NYGunowner aka Jack has the 45 spl Cowboy brass he invented listed as a regular sale item in Graf & Sons mailer today. I alway liked that guy, wish he was still here.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,599 Senior Member
    I remember NYG, did he fade away or get himself banned?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I can't remember😧
    Finally moved to a new user profile on my computer - mail was doing strange and wonderful things, and other things were flaky too.  New profile working much better, but I haven't transferred everything over yet.

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 22,926 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:

I do not know the details; but, he was banned
    I have a need for speed
    cpj said:

Mine failed. For two reasons. In my haste I forgot to clean the part I was machining. Two..... I had already drilled holes in the part. Then sprayed with my lubricant of choice, wd40. Smell what I’m stepping in?

The WD40 on the part would make it hard for the glue to grab anything. Holes shouldn't really matter if there wasn't a raised burr on the back side where the drill penetrated, and that is an easy fix in most materials; just use a drill bit, by hand, to turn on the burr and remove it. Sharp drill bit is sorta required for that.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,879 Senior Member
    3 inches of rain, ammonium nitrate and 100 degree weather makes bermuda act like it's on steroids. Going to be mowing often. That 3 inch rain did better on the Zoysia grass we laid than all the watering I've been doing. I think it's taking root now. Greening back up.

tennmike said:
    cpj said:

The WD40 on the part would make it hard for the glue to grab anything. Holes shouldn't really matter if there wasn't a raised burr on the back side where the drill penetrated, and that is an easy fix in most materials; just use a drill bit, by hand, to turn on the burr and remove it. Sharp drill bit is sorta required for that.
    I hadn’t deburred it. There was a bunch of things  I did wrong.  But I know it will work, based on those videos. They take some SERIOUS material off and it holds. 
    Zee
    Four 12 year olds showed up at dance class tonite. They did pretty darn good. Their parents showed up about 10 minutes before the class let out. 2 minutes later, the fathers all split and the mothers joined in!

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    NN said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    NN said:
    Got new glasses today-----they work so well I'm seeing stuff I might not want to see.

You need to go out and shoot and post up your new and improved groups hey.
    Yes----I almost went today------but, Clean is back out of sync-----and we may be on the way to med attention again.

Waiting for the word.  
    I have still been praying.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 2,879 Senior Member
    Mothers belly dancing. That was prolly worth seeing.
    The older the dancer, the more she's worth watching. Seriously.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,568 Senior Member
    Wednesdays are normally my day off and today was no exception.  We're looking at remodeling the master bed/bath, doing siding and windows and finally finishing the "finished" basement... so there truly no such thing as a day off.  Now, even on my sleep in days, I'm out of bed before six.  I like the peace, quiet, and solitude of mornings when I don't have anywhere to be and all sorts of time to get there.  Anyhow, that also happens to be the best time to finish any chores that hasn't been completed the previous day... so I decided is do some laundry.  Well, (as usual) someone (the girl child, as usual, lol) had put clothes in the dryer and left them there for the next sucker (me) to take care of.  While putting her clothes into a basket, I came across some underwear that no dad would ever approve of. Crotchless!! 🤤 The coffee hadn't kicked in yet and good judgement had yet to make an appearance, so I headed upstairs to hand this particular problem to the Mrs.  She calmly let me have my say, and then explained to me that the article in question was, in fact, NOT crotchless underwear... it was a sport bra.  What I thought was a waistband instead is the band that keeps things under cover.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mrs CGG mutter "moron" under her breath as I headed back down stairs. 

First thing out of my mouth would have been "prove it" :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,084 Senior Member
    edited June 15 #30387
    NN said:
    Diver43 said:

I do not know the details; but, he was banned
    Yep, he was sick, I believe with cancer, got into it with someone, DanJ told him to "knock it off" and I believe he basically dared Dan to "pull the trigger" IIRC

Dan being Dan, he didn't hesitate to drop the ban hammer on him.

I also seem to remember hearing he passed away a year or two later. He sold the rights to his 45CS before he did and the new owner is who is selling them now
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Bummer
    I hadn't realised that.
    Ill try searching my email again. He didn’t die real quick after he was banned.  And I’m not certain he actually passed. 
    Zee
    Last I talked with him was June 16th, 2013. Almost 5 years to the day. I’ll send an email and see if I get a response. 
    Zee
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    About to hit the road. Son #2 Is getting married tomorrow. Got to travel 3 hrs and help set up for the rehearsal supper. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file