Swiss Chocolate in Germany

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 14,036 Senior Member
My daughter, Anastasia, has been playing in a band and touring Europe. She showed me something somewhat local to some of you folks...

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,391 Senior Member
    Some good chocolate from Germany and Switzerland fer sure. Having some Jack in it makes it a big seller I''ll bet.

A guy with us on a deployment whose wife was and lived in Germany used to send him care packages of chocolates with liquor inside.............................not sure how many bags you would have to consume to get a buzz...............but it was tasty I heard.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,391 Senior Member
    edited June 24 #3
    Our FDA just recently allowed Kinder Eggs to be sold here again. They were banned because of a choking hazard........it was a foil covered chocolate egg with neat toys in the middle. My daughters loved the real ones we got in Germany.

The legal ones allowed here now are different, they separated them in two plastic halves with the toy in on half and the milk chocolate in the other.

"The Kinder Surprise runs afoul of a 1938 act forbidding food from containing nonnutritive objects—a statute enforced by the Food and Drug Administration. Additionally, the toys inside the eggs, which sometimes require assembly, can include parts small enough to constitute a choking hazard for children under 3, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said."

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 227 Member
    Strange thing I notice; the tekst is all English, something not normal for Swiss or German produced chocolate, and it is a brand completely unfamiliar to me and I work in food-Wholesale. But that doesnt say it is bad chocolate ;)
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,036 Senior Member
    More Tennessee in Europe... This coming Sunday they will be in Roderen, France playing in a ceremony to honor Kiffin Rockwell.

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,640 Senior Member
    There’s other chocolate over there too I hear. Made by *Willy* Wonka. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,584 Senior Member
    Tennessee is called 'The Volunteer State' with good reason. Even before the state was a state.

http://porterbriggs.com/tennessee-the-volunteer-state/

If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,236 Senior Member
    Great now I want chocolate...  thanks a lot! 🤬
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • neosamneosam New Member Posts: 28 New Member
    Chocolate with whiskey. It must be really good.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,584 Senior Member
    neosam said:
    Chocolate with whiskey. It must be really good.
    Never tried that combo. I DO like bacon with whiskey, though, or good jerky.
    Just had a flashback to that bacon flavored vodka that showed up at the hotel at one of the Shoots. Nasty! :s
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,499 Senior Member
    There is a chocolate shop in Frankfort, KY that makes chocolate with bourbon, rum, etc in the creme center. They are good. Can't remember the name of that place and I was there in March.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file