Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Guns and Ammo

Sons of Guns and Ammo

The Red Jacket boys have a new blog at G&A. Check it out
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/08/1...42-super-quad/

Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post

There no mangos like Dans mangos.

Re: Sons of Guns and Ammo

Yeah...
    Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free. - Maj. Frank Burns

Sweet Jesus....
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 08-19-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Thanks SirGeorge but I don't watch the show anymore, I don't watch TopShot anymore either...
    "It is what it is"

I can see why Scott's abandoning ship
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    I can see why Scott's abandoning ship
    That was my first thought. For it to be so sudden. At least it seemed that way to me. I saw a very similar thing happen on a very large car enthusiast magazine forum when I was a mod there. The top dogs start making decisions that aren't based on reality. I hope that's not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
    The Red Jacket boys have a new blog at G&A. Check it out
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/08/1...42-super-quad/

Makes perfect business sense. The magazine owners have to make money too and the show is popular. Maybe not here but it certainly is popular...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Don't watch it anymore. Lots of expensive, useless stuff that answer questions that are unasked.That most of us couldn't own or have anywhere to shoot them.
    From a business point of view , Wambli Ska is correct.

Administrator

Guys,

I'd like to introduce myself as Scott's replacement for Intermedia. First, Scott's has been awesome during this transition and he's a stand up guy in my book. Second, I was the one who made this call. I knew of all the opposition to this show in our industry and within the hardcore crowd. I know, you guys think it makes us all look like rednecks.

But I have to tell you that I've met Will Hayden and talk to him on a weekly basis and he is so far away from what you think he is...same goes for that shop. That is a group of hardworking, gun loving American entrepreneurs that love what they do. Bottom line. The point of this blog is to refute the negative ideas that are going around and present the guns...not the drama and reality show bs.

I'm here to listen to what you have to say, and there will be more changes coming. New bloggers and other contributors. So, keep speaking your mind and telling me I suck if necessary. I want to get it right, and this blog, to me, is the right thing to do.

Thanks,

Ben O'Brien
    Online Managing Editor
    Last edited by bobrien; 08-20-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I shouldn't have cursed. Dan's rules.

I really don't understand why the show is popular but it is. I thought that it was finally off the air but I guess they were regrouping because they reappeared. I channel surfed accross it and watched a few minutes of an episode where they built three M-16's together and I was disgusted at the quality of their work. The bracket that supported the barrels had the ugliest birdpoop welds and the ends of the brackets were left square rather than being radiused. It looked like something cobbled together to fix a redneck lawnmower. On the same episode I saw Jerry Miculek whore himself out to the show and I wanted to cry. I have the greatest respect for Mr. Miculek and I was absolutely shocked to see him chumming around whith those bozo's and having them build him a rifle.

Wow, I didn't figure Jerry Miculek to sell himself out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrien View Post
    Guys,

I'd like to introduce myself as Scott's replacement for Intermedia. First, Scott's has been awesome during this transition and he's a stand up guy in my book. Second, I was the one who made this call. I knew of all the opposition to this show in our industry and within the hardcore crowd. I know, you guys think it makes us all look like redneck s.

But I have to tell you that I've met Will Hayden and talk to him on a weekly basis and he is so far away from what you think he is...same goes for that shop. That is a group of hardworking, gun loving American entrepreneurs that love what they do. Bottom line. The point of this blog is to refute the negative ideas that are going around and present the guns...not the drama and reality show bs.

I'm here to listen to what you have to say, and there will be more changes coming. New bloggers and other contributors. So, keep speaking your mind and telling me I suck if necessary. I want to get it right, and this blog, to me, is the right thing to do.

Thanks,

Ben O'Brien
    Online Managing Editor
    Please invite Will Hayden to join the forum and have a Q&A with us like some of the greats used to. Maybe that could help settle some of the bad feelings that have been brewing towards him around here. If he truly is the standup guy you claim him to be, he should exert some pressure on the TV people to stop editing the show to make them look like a bunch of idiots, if that is what the editors are doing.

Guys,

I know, you guys think it makes us all look like redneck s.
    That is the purpose of the show correct?

I know, you guys think it makes us all look like redneck a-holes.
    You've got that right! People are known by the company they keep, and that bunch of ignorant rednecks gives us serious hunters, shooters, and real rifle builders a bad name. Bow down the the icon of the dollar sign if you must, but don't expect real people to take your betrayal lying down. BTW, we don't like donkeyholes in politics, either!
    Jerry
    Last edited by Teach; 08-20-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Regardless of what anyone says, we can all see the quality of the work and regardless of the justification, they suk. Do the sponsors and producers tell them to build shoddy impracticle firearms to entertain the masses?
    Can we say "s" now? Woot Woot!
    Last edited by Fisheadgib; 08-20-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: epiphany

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by calebib View Post
    Please invite Will Hayden to join the forum and have a Q&A with us like some of the greats used to.
    There will be a Q&A each week on the blog. I'm going to start a thread for serious questions and Will Hayden will answer them in a post.

In truth, I cannot imagine a more boring prime-time television show that watching someone, week after week, building a precision rifle....that's probably why no one has ever done it.
    However, some of the stuff we see on Sons of Guns causes me to cringe...and range discipline is at the forefront. Like a guy walking in front of a malfunctioning MG-42 that's already sent an unintended round downrange. I'm aware that what we see on the tube is not necessarily what it actually going on BUT sometimes perceptions can be as bad (or worse) than fact.

Invite Mr. Hayden to the board to field some of our questions and set the record straight...and to bring a thick skin...

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    Can we say "s" now? Woot Woot!
    In memory of the Marshal...I think we should abide with the standard he set....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    Regardless of what anyone says, we can all see the quality of the work and regardless of the justification, they suk.
    Ever shot, held or inspected one of their guns?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    In memory of the Marshal...I think we should abide with the standard he set....
    Agreed. Heard many great things about Dan. My apologies.

I know, you guys think it makes us all look like redneck s.
    I'm no prude far from it and I know Dan's not here anymore and we play by the new guys rules, but man that would have never made it when Dan was here and I for one hope it doesn't still. Just say'in

Administrator

[QUOTE=some of the stuff we see on Sons of Guns causes me to cringe[/QUOTE]

The guys, like you all, that love guns and live the life are always the toughest critics of how they are portrayed. Try to dig a little deeper and ask respected guys, like Tiger McKee, what they think of the product and their emphasis on safety. He told me "They are the best. Quality guys that make great guns. No problem."

You have no idea in what order the shots were filmed and if all the images you see are relative. Come in with an open mind, and I think you'll be surprised at the result.

If that ham-handed metal butcher with the die grinder has been after one of them, I wouldn't want to be within shrapnel-throwing distance of one, let alone shoot it!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    In truth, I cannot imagine a more boring prime-time television show that watching someone, week after week, building a precision rifle....that's probably why no one has ever done it.
    For most people, not all though. My favorite DVD is a documentary about Holland & Holland and everytime I watch it I find myself wanting more technical detail.

Quote Originally Posted by calebib View Post
    For most people, not all though. My favorite DVD is a documentary about Holland & Holland and everytime I watch it I find myself wanting more technical detail.
    That's why I limited it to "prime time viewing" with the exception of us knuckle draggers who appreciate this stuff, few would watch it....

No need too. I have seen their work on TV.

Senior Member Slanteyedshootist's Avatar

Guys,

I'd like to introduce myself as Scott's replacement for Intermedia. First, Scott's has been awesome during this transition and he's a stand up guy in my book. Second, I was the one who made this call. I knew of all the opposition to this show in our industry and within the hardcore crowd. I know, you guys think it makes us all look like rednecks.

Thanks,

Ben O'Brien
    Online Managing Editor
    Ben, welcome to the forum. You have some BIG shoes to fill. Please tell us about yourself and your firearms experience.

So, the new boss is a typical gun writer. Awesome.

Call me negative, but, this place.....15, 14, 13, 12,........
    That don't confront me, as long as I get my money by next Friday.

Fire the refugee forum back up!

If you do...be sure to let folks know where the darn thing is...