Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Customer Service

Chiappa Customer Service

I received a Rhino 40DS "New in Box" with a broken trigger. I called Chiappa's Customer Service Dept. to ask if they would replace it with a new one but could never get anyone to answer the phone. I didn't have much better luck getting them to respond to my e-mails. Eventually I did speak to someone and not only did they refused a replacement but I would have to pay the shipping and was told it would take up to 10 weeks to receive my firearm back. I've never bought a brand new firearm that was defective before and was anticipating a courtious and apologetic replacement policy, but I was wrong. I had no option but to ship it to them and wait for my "Newly Refurbished in Box" Chiappa Rhino to return. Has anyone else had similar experience with Chiappa's poor customer service?

Re: Chiappa Customer Service

Sooo...........you joined up just to tell us that, not once but 3 times which is why a thread from March 2012 and one from May 2012 were 'resurrected'..

How many other gun forums did you just join so you could gripe.?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

I'll cut guinness some slack. I did a quick search on Chiappa CS and there are other people with similar experiences. I actually have considered the Chiappa Rhino before, but did not look into their CS practices. Having been through Beretta horrible CS experience, this post is a good reminder to check CS reputation before considering a firearm.

guinness, it's inexcusable that a gun company would not stand behind their products in such a manner. You can try posting your experience on their FB page to see if they respond more positively: https://www.facebook.com/ChiappaFirearms . Social media is a great way to get your messages across to these companies. Post the message, take a screenshot in case they delete your post.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

orchidman: I'm sorry if YOU don't approve of me signing up to "gripe". I thought I was being a responsible fellow gun enthusiast and sharing my experience for the benefit of others. How else are we to let others know of issues like this. And btw, I did not post 3 times and I have not joined any other gun forums to “gripe” about this. Not that it is any of your business. You should spend your time working on your own issues and not acting as self appointed moderator for this forum.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by guinness View Post
    orchidman: I'm sorry if YOU don't approve of me signing up to "gripe". I thought I was being a responsible fellow gun enthusiast and sharing my experience for the benefit of others. How else are we to let others know of issues like this. And btw, I did not post 3 times and I have not joined any other gun forums to “gripe” about this. Not that it is any of your business. You should spend your time working on your own issues and not acting as self appointed moderator for this forum.
    Well, considering you posted up the same thing and resurrected two threads ( one from May and one from Aug ) to do so, I guess I should thank you for sharing your experience....................( where is that sarcastic smiley)
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Let me understand....YOU are allowed to gripe, but He of the orchids isn't? You post on a public forum and ask an open question, but it's 'none of his business'??

Maybe you should post the rules regarding your posts/threads before there are more misunderstandings like this. That way, you can avoid having folks disagree whith you.
    Tim Mason

And yeah, you did post three times about it; just because they were deleted by a Moderator doesn't mean they didn't happen. That should be a clue, by the way...
    NRA Endowment Member

orchids you say orchids

I know where some wild ones grow and I ain't telling that
    Kiwi guy if he ever come over here again.

Oh, by the way FEDEX is slow this week coming from Ca, imagine that.
    Division one critter rescue team leader.

(Channeling Bill Clinton)- - - - - - -"Ah feel yore pain!"

Jerry
    Caedit eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
    Arnaud Amalric 1209 AD

You get what you pay for. Those things are ugly anyway.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

My NAA Mini Revolver stopped rotating the cylinder, I knew it was a broken hand, I called them, they provided me with a shipping number for FedEx, paid for shipping both ways, provided tracking info both ways, and had it back in my pocket in 2 1/2 weeks. No charge. BTW, they didn't just fix the hand, they replaced the mainspring, hammer, fitted a new cylinder and polished it all up. Feels and looks like a brand new weapon. All this for a gun that lists new for about $219, and often sells for less. Can you say, "VALUE!"

Every poor customer experience should be shouted from the rooftops, as should every good one. It is the best, or worst, free advertising a company can get. As for NAA, I would buy anything they make with confidence, knowing that a stand-up company is behind that product. And I am happy to recommend them to everyone in the solar system.

Quote Originally Posted by LMLarsen View Post
    And yeah, you did post three times about it; just because they were deleted by a Moderator doesn't mean they didn't happen. That should be a clue, by the way...
    I'm not aware that I posted 3 times. If I did it was inadvertant. As you can tell, I am new at this. Thanks for the warm welcome (sarcastic smiley face ;)

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Let me understand....YOU are allowed to gripe, but He of the orchids isn't? You post on a public forum and ask an open question, but it's 'none of his business'?? :
    I was "griping" as you say, about a firearm company customer service issue (that I "thought" would be a well received "heads up" to other forum friends). Orchid guy was "griping" about my posts and making insinuations about me personally. I think those are completely different things. My public post question was "Has any else had a similar experience..." - that was the "open question" (as you say) that solicited an answer. 'none of his business' was directed at his statement "How many other forums did I join to gripe?" which is none of his business.

I am sorry that I am such a poor excuse for a forum friend and apologize to everyone that I offended by my misguided posts.

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    Every poor customer experience should be shouted from the rooftops, as should every good one. It is the best, or worst, free advertising a company can get. As for NAA, I would buy anything they make with confidence, knowing that a stand-up company is behind that product. And I am happy to recommend them to everyone in the solar system.
    Amen!
    Disclaimer: I already posted my reply "Amen" a minute ago, but didn't attach the [quote]. Not knowing exactly how this word, I didn't know if it would be understood without the [Quote]. So I re-posted. So orchidman, please don't chastise me for multiple posts - am am still learning the system. One more thing horselips; you didn't join this forum just to "praise" NAA did you? (sarcastic smiley)

Nothing wrong with telling us about your bad experience but when it is your very first post it is easy to assume you came here just to fling mud. How about filling us in on your shooting back ground so we can get to know and understand you. I think you will find most folks here quite freindly once you get to know use and lose the chip on your shoulder.
    So for a fresh start, Welcome, please tell us about yourself.

Sako

Quote Originally Posted by sakodude View Post
    Nothing wrong with telling us about your bad experience but when it is your very first post it is easy to assume you came here just to fling mud. How about filling us in on your shooting back ground so we can get to know and understand you. I think you will find most folks here quite freindly once you get to know use and lose the chip on your shoulder.So for a fresh start, Welcome, please tell us about yourself.Sako
    Thanks for the welcome Sako. I actually don't have a chip on my shoulder. I have a good sense of humor.
    We "shooters" are facing a huge threat to what we are passionate about. We are under attack and we need to stick together.
    I don't know how interesting my background it. I enjoy shooting large bore revolvers most. My current interest has evolved to early US military issue arms.

I was "griping" as you say, about a firearm company customer service issue (that I "thought" would be a well received "heads up" to other forum friends). Orchid guy was "griping" about my posts and making insinuations about me personally. I think those are completely different things. My public post question was "Has any else had a similar experience..." - that was the "open question" (as you say) that solicited an answer. 'none of his business' was directed at his statement "How many other forums did I join to gripe?" which is none of his business.

I am sorry that I am such a poor excuse for a forum friend and apologize to everyone that I offended by my misguided posts.

Ok. You have to understand we are here (nearly) every day. Many of us for more than a decade. We get many, many, many, many, many 'drive-by' postings. Some good, some bad, some meh, and some deranged.... but never heard from again.

Pulling up multiple threads in a search to post a gripe is a signature 'drive-by' move.

Stick around....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
    Ok. You have to understand we are here (nearly) every day. Many of us for more than a decade. We get many, many, many, many, many 'drive-by' postings. Some good, some bad, some meh, and some deranged.... but never heard from again.
    Pulling up multiple threads in a search to post a gripe is a signature 'drive-by' move. Stick around....
    OK. Looks like I did post my complaint in 3 different "threads". I guess I thought the people in those conversations might have wanted to know of my experience. Is it really against policy to post your thoughts in more than one "thread". Remember, I am new to this and don't want to violate policy or pi** people off. Is posting a customer service issue in a couple of threads the same as asking " what do you think of x?" in a couple of threads?

Not wrong. Just the sort of thing we see where someone comes to complain then never comes back.... Aka a 'drive-by'.

You're more than welcome to stick around and participate. The longer you stay the more you will get the feel of the place.

OK. Looks like I did post my complaint in 3 different "threads". I guess I thought the people in those conversations might have wanted to know of my experience. Is it really against policy to post your thoughts in more than one "thread". Remember, I am new to this and don't want to violate policy or pi** people off. Is posting a customer service issue in a couple of threads the same as asking " what do you think of x?" in a couple of threads?
    I've been on a lot of gun forums and active in 2. This one is unique. It's like a family here so we support each other, sometimes in a "no matter what" manner. You should check out my thread on getting scammed by some douche in NC. You WANT these guys on your side! I personally thought the guys were a bit rough on you, but jbp-ohio is spot on. We get A LOT of "drive by" complaints here so when there are cross posts, it can be annoying. Original posters for those usually just disappear and a lot of times are competitors or personal issues.

Anyway, take a look at my original advice about raising the issue on their Facebook or Twitter. It can be more effective. Meanwhile, stick around, grab a chair. Hope you get the Rhino in full working order and provide us with some insights on the gun itself. I'm still pretty interested in one, though it's not on the top of my list at the moment.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

Quote Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
    You're more than welcome to stick around and participate. The longer you stay the more you will get the feel of the place.
    Thank - I appreciate the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    IYou should check out my thread on getting scammed by some douche in NC.
    Al
    I have already. Glad you reported that in the forum.

Anyway, take a look at my original advice about raising the issue on their Facebook or Twitter. It can be more effective.
    Al
    I did take your advice. Posted on Chiappa's site. Not a surprise that I got no response and it was taken down immediately. I think these forums (this is my first and only so far) are sometimes our only course of action when we are wronged by the companies we keep in business. I welcome anyone posting/ warning us about bad experiences.

Meanwhile, stick around, grab a chair. Hope you get the Rhino in full working order and provide us with some insights on the gun itself. I'm still pretty interested in one, though it's not on the top of my list at the moment.
    Al
    The Rhino is just OK. I bought is on a whim one day. I think it looks really cool (I also agree with many who thinks it's ugly :) When I finally got it back from Cheetappa I shot a box through it and now the thrill is gone. My observation is that it does definately reduce muzzle rise, it shoots like any good .357, it has a very strong trigger pull and thumb cocking to shoot single action takes a strong thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by horselips View Post
    My NAA Mini Revolver All this for a gun that lists new for about $219, and often sells for less. Can you say, "VALUE!"
    I love my NAA minies. I have a LR and Magnum. I fitted my LR with a laser and bayonette. It's and awesome little toy!

I fitted my LR with a laser and bayonette.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    JH, that pic is SO stolen

Guiness, welcome to the nut house. Pull up a chair and set a spell, we're a peaceable bunch for the most part. Though we're a little "protective" of our little corner of the interwebs some times.

You also need to know some of the history. Had a rep (VP IIRC) from a lower end scope company sign up with multiple accounts so he could tout their superiority. Left a bad taste for a lot of folks and made some of us even more skeptical when someone's first post is either major praise or a major gripe about something.

Also have had a thread bashing major name brand guns because the owner/poster couldn't figure how to field strip and/or reassemble it. No fault of the gun or company, but he felt the need to "warn" us all about how bad that "high end" manufacturer was because of HIS incompetence
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

I did take your advice. Posted on Chiappa's site. Not a surprise that I got no response and it was taken down immediately. I think these forums (this is my first and only so far) are sometimes our only course of action when we are wronged by the companies we keep in business. I welcome anyone posting/ warning us about bad experiences.
    Wow. That's pretty sad. Instead of addressing the issue, Chiappa censored you. That says a lot about their customer service in addition to what you posted already. The next person searching for "Chiappa customer service" will no doubt find this site eventually. I'm just that much more weary of Chiappa because of this so you at least got somewhere.

The Rhino is just OK. I bought is on a whim one day. I think it looks really cool (I also agree with many who thinks it's ugly :) When I finally got it back from Cheetappa I shot a box through it and now the thrill is gone. My observation is that it does definately reduce muzzle rise, it shoots like any good .357, it has a very strong trigger pull and thumb cocking to shoot single action takes a strong thumb.
    I really like the looks of the 6" version. I'd love to try it one day if I can get my hands on one.

I love my NAA minies. I have a LR and Magnum. I fitted my LR with a laser and bayonette. It's and awesome little toy!
    Really? I'd like to see a photo of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post

Al