Thread: Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition

Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition

Even though the treaty is about as useful as teats on a boar hog for what it is intended to accomplish and the Senate won't ratify it. Why....................are they hell bent on leather to give up our rights to the worthless UN?

Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2VCDHjyN7

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...for-signature/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition

the UN.
    That don't confront me, as long as I get my money by next Friday.

Re: Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition

Doesn't matter if they sign it or not....it has to be ratified to have any force....write your congressman....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    the UN.
    Who died and made Kerry King??? He's sounding more like Joe Biden every day.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

40 year history of probable treason continues.
    "The power of the United States has peaked, oppression follows." Robert Prector, Socionomics.net

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Who died and made Kerry King??? He's sounding more like Joe Biden every day.
    Built-in to every Democrap's DNA is a gene for fascism. You cannot be a leftist without that quality to varying degrees.
    These shoulder-mounted copulatory organs are at it again.
    The Democrat Party reminds me of a horde of dung beetles scavenging
    through a load of animal droppings looking for food and shelter.

US OUT OF UN
    UN OUT OF US

GRRRRR... Why does this forum software not respect my capitalization. Unless I put in more text... Weird.
    Last edited by softwarejanitor; 06-04-2013 at 04:10 PM.

The Canadians grew a set.

OTTAWA – Canada isn’t saying whether it will join more than 60 other countries in signing a landmark treaty to regulate the multibillion-dollar global arms trade.

The federal government hasn’t decided whether it agrees with the UN’s arms trade treaty, despite having voted to move it ahead in the first place, Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said Monday.

“We believe that any treaty regarding the sale of munitions that helps move the international community closer to world-leading standards is a good thing,” Baird said during question period.

“We participated actively in these discussions. I think we have an obligation to listen before we act, and that is why we will be consulting with Canadians before the government takes any decision.”
    http://www.680news.com/2013/06/03/ca...ld-arms-trade/
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Kerry, the hair-bag hippie traitor can eat my......

The real threat this treaty poses is to our long standing strategy of smuggling weapons to revolutionary gorilla and opposition groups trying to overthrow governments we don't happen to like. This has been a major foreign policy tool for us for 60+ years, which of course is why the Chinese and Russians are also hesitant to sign. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I don't see it getting ratified even if it is signed. As with anything the UN does this is destined to be at best weak and ineffectual. The boogie man factor of the UN is an amazingly powerful recruiting/fundraising tool for the NRA and similar groups though! They sure as heck will milk this for all it's worth. I look forward to reading my next few issues of American Rifleman...the entertainment factor will be off the charts!

PS I'm not implying that the NRA shouldn't be fighting against this, they absolutely should, but like everything they do they'll ramp the alarmism to an 11 in the process.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

There is a lot of fear on the right (and gun-owning left) that the treaty will be used to disarm Americans. I am not convinced, but do not trust the U.N. or this government.

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Built-in to every Democrap's DNA is a gene for fascism. You cannot be a leftist without that quality to varying degrees.
    Oh man Noel, so true so true!!! And people like Kerry got an extra dose.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    The real threat this treaty poses is to our long standing strategy of smuggling weapons to revolutionary gorilla and opposition groups trying to overthrow governments we don't happen to like. This has been a major foreign policy tool for us for 60+ years, which of course is why the Chinese and Russians are also hesitant to sign. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I don't see it getting ratified even if it is signed. As with anything the UN does this is destined to be at best weak and ineffectual. The boogie man factor of the UN is an amazingly powerful recruiting/fundraising tool for the NRA and similar groups though! They sure as heck will milk this for all it's worth. I look forward to reading my next few issues of American Rifleman...the entertainment factor will be off the charts!

PS I'm not implying that the NRA shouldn't be fighting against this, they absolutely should, but like everything they do they'll ramp the alarmism to an 11 in the process.
    Yeah, but Alph, they have to do that to wake people up. It's like everybody thinks people like Rush Limbaugh are over the edge radical right wingers, but I've heard Rush state that if he didn't make such claims nobody would listen. And it works the same with the NRA.

And the left does its share of alarmist trumpeting.

The real threat this treaty poses is to our long standing strategy of smuggling weapons to revolutionary gorilla and opposition groups trying to overthrow governments we don't happen to like.
    Yep, I can hear the back room meetings now:

Minion: "Mr. Holder, the freedom fighters in Boogerstan seem to have the oppressive regime on the ropes. If we can just get them a few shipments of small arms, then that just might seal the deal".

Holder: "Sorry Minion, remember that treaty that we signed with the UN? We can no longer do that sort of thing. It would be unethical and illegal and it would be beneath me and this administration to violate the rules."

(That was hard to type with a straight face.)
    That's all I got.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    Yep, I can hear the back room meetings now:

Minion: "Mr. Holder, the freedom fighters in Boogerstan seem to have the oppressive regime on the ropes. If we can just get them a few shipments of small arms, then that just might seal the deal".

Holder: "Sorry Minion, remember that treaty that we signed with the UN? We can no longer do that sort of thing. It would be unethical and illegal and it would be beneath me and this administration to violate the rules."

(That was hard to type with a straight face.)
    Yeah, I gotcha. The very real situation this applies to right now is Syria. You've got multiple countries funneling weapons to each side. Quite unlikely some piece of paper signed at the UN will change that.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    And the left does its share of alarmist trumpeting.
    Absolutely, but it doesn't make it right or smart. My biggest complaint is how climate change has been handled in an alarmist way. My understanding based on the science is yes it exists, yes humans are driving it through GHG emissions, no it won't exactly be fun or cheap to deal with (although there are huge uncertainties in the likely consequences), but it's not nearly the existential crisis so many on the left think (hope?) it will be. The problem with alarmism is that when used too frequently you risk turning off everyone but the "true believers" so no one listens when a very real, much more dangerous threat emerges (think the boy who cried wolf).
    -DoctorWho

I have a serious question for you.
    My understanding based on the science is yes it exists, yes humans are driving it through GHG emissions
    Preface. Since:
    A. If you were graduating HS this week, there has been no, (zero, zilch, none) warming of the globe by ANYONES measurements since you were in preschool.
    B. No computer models that have been predicting global warming can pass the test in which you input known data (historical) and come out with known data (historical). None.
    C. The Hockey stick graph which started this was very publicly debunked as was one of the top global climate change think tanks (E. Anglica). The list goes on and on of the hoaxs perpetrated to absorb taxpayer money including, but not limited to NOAA cooking the books for funding and NASA perpetrating a fraud.
    D. When the ice cap receded in the north (FYI it is growing in the south) there were grape arbors discovered in Greenland PROVING this has happened before.

Where are you getting any facts that say humans are causing global warming.

Personally, I have talked to some HAM operators. I would be real worried about Global cooling because the sun is quiescent. Worst thing about warming is you have to run the AC, if it gets cold, the growing season gets shorter.

I really dont care if you wish to believe, I would like to see a source that hasn't been blown out of the water, that supports this. A source that does NOT referance one or another debunked or fraudlent claims.
    Every day you see it on the news - another felon's life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire. Bigslug

State of Fear is a good book about environmental alarmists and computer models passing as science.
    demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ or rabble-rouser: a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated people of a population in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness.
    (See also Al Gore)

Let's keep this more on the original topic. If people want to discuss climate change we can start a new thread or dig up one of the dozens of previous ones on the topic. It was just an example to show the dangers of alarmism that we as pro 2A supporters should try to avoid.
    -DoctorWho

smuggling weapons to revolutionary gorilla and opposition groups- - - -
    Gorillas, maybe- - - - -chimpanzees, definitely not!

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...o0&age=0&&tt=b

Now, if you're talking about guerillas, that's another discussion!
    Jerry
    Caedit eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
    Arnaud Amalric 1209 AD

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Gorillas, maybe- - - - -chimpanzees, definitely not!

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...o0&age=0&&tt=b

Now, if you're talking about guerillas, that's another discussion!
    Jerry
    Thanks Sam!
    -DoctorWho

Yeah, I gotcha. The very real situation this applies to right now is Syria. You've got multiple countries funneling weapons to each side. Quite unlikely some piece of paper signed at the UN will change that.
    Oh, man... We might get a sternly written letter!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. db View Post
    demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ or rabble-rouser: a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated people of a population in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness.
    (See also Al Gore)
    That sounds exactly like GWB & the GOP after 9-11. Both parties are guilty of using fear to influence the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of the less-educated people of our population.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Sounds like a plan to me. Funnel in max weapons and ammo, and let them exterminate each other with maximum efficiency. They're killing each other, and not US. I see nothing wrong with that.....AT ALL!
    A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    Oh, man... We might get a sternly written letter!
    Yeah ask Putin what he'll do with that letter!
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Sounds like a plan to me. Funnel in max weapons and ammo, and let them exterminate each other with maximum efficiency. They're killing each other, and not US. I see nothing wrong with that.....AT ALL!
    Whichever side wins, Syria will still sponsor terrorism against the west, and Israel. So yeah, let them punch themselves out so they will be easier for Israel to spank.