Page 739 of 802 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789 ... LastLast
Results 22,141 to 22,170 of 24041

Thread: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

I had my 3rd "Farewell (and good riddance) to California" performance last nite.

Long story short, it was an "interesting" performance. I'm told I did well - by people I respect and that know what they're looking at - but it felt very rough to me. Adding to the fun was that I kept stepping on the hem of my underskirt...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Well it was almost 40, on a weekend day, with no rain or snow. So I took the AR out to the 200yd line with 3 rounds that were laying on the bench and 5 from the box I just reloaded. I made a brass deflector to try to keep the cases near out of a cardboard Hornaday box to keep the brass out of the mud, it worked. I dinged the steel offhand 7 out of 8 times. No wind, but on shot 4 I acquired a lab pup between my legs, so I lost one to laughter. Its hard to build a position when you are giggling.

The holding drills I have been doing in the basement seem to help.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    When you are at Jerry's this year, you'll be shooting at 200 yards with your pistol. Before you even start....you'd be surprised what you can do with a handgun.
    Nuts. I'd be extraordinarily lucky to stay on paper at that distance!

With that said, I'd sure give it a try! I know it can be done, just like that guy who rings steel at 300 yds with a NAA mini - its all practice!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

You need the extractor and associated bits from a .223 Handi Rifle barrel?
    Sure. I can find a use for such things. I have an idea for a rimless cartridge single shot rifle that those parts would interface with nicely!
    Know the truth, for the truth will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    I've thought about making a BIG shaft collar type thing to keep that from happening- - - - -bored to fit the spindle nose and the chuck adapter, then cut in half and and clamped together with a couple of Allen bolts.
    Jerry
    THAT would work well to keep that chuck backing off thing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Sure. I can find a use for such things. I have an idea for a rimless cartridge single shot rifle that those parts would interface with nicely!
    Congrats! It's yours! Also included will be the lug that goes on the bottom of a handi rifle barrel.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Congrats! It's yours! Also included will be the lug that goes on the bottom of a handi rifle barrel.
    Sweet! I can use that, too, to, two, tu, also!

I'm something like the 1,000,001st+ view on this thread.

Insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan on the economic philosophy of big government.

This thread has a life of it's own.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers

When you are at Jerrys this year, you'll be shooting at 200 yards with your pistol. Before you even start....you'd be surprised what you can do with a handgun.
    That would be news to me. I only see a handful of people even shoot at anything out to 100yds. I see lots of people hammering the 25yd plates with AR's with optics though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    I would drop trou too, and because I am a caring person I would've given that young man a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    That would be news to me. I only see a handful of people even shoot at anything out to 100yds. I see lots of people hammering the 25yd plates with AR's with optics though.
    You're old and not observant.
    The first year I was there we shot more at 200 with pistols than anything else. I plan on getting a bunch of stuff loaded for my Blackhawk. Should be fun with the red dot at distance.

The first year I was there we shot more at 200 with pistols than anything else. I plan on getting a bunch of stuff loaded for my Blackhawk. Should be fun with the red dot at distance.
    Early on, that may have been the case but in the ones that I've attended, I've seen very few people shooting anything at distance, much less open sighted handguns. And I'm possibly more observant than you realize as I watch to see if the people that post pictures of tiny little groups can do it in public. I have noticed that the folks that I observe as acceptional​ shots rarely if ever post pictures of targets that they shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    I would drop trou too, and because I am a caring person I would've given that young man a hug.

Well hang around and watch. You can even fondle the ugliest Blackhawk that will be at the shoot.

The magical weight loss wonder cure whatever of vinegar and honey I said wouldn't get drank...made it 2 days.
    The stupid ass exercise machine I said wouldn't get used,(thankfully it was free) and I was told it would get used "just to prove me wrong" has sat idle for over a week.
    I'm must be clairvoyant.

Well hang around and watch. You can even fondle the ugliest Blackhawk that will be at the shoot.
    Ugly Blackhawk? I will be looking for that.

Lots of longish shooting for us that do not have access to a range further than 100 yards.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Was looking over my collection of "favorites" the other day...

.22 handgun? Out of production
    .22 rifle? Out of production
    Acoustic Guitar? Out of production
    Kayak? Out of production
    Fly rod? Out of production
    Ultralight reel? Out of production
    Revolvers? Yep. Out of production

It's getting where a fellow has to shop the used rack for anything decent...
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post

Kayak? Out of production

Been doing that for quite a while. All of my favorite rifles have been out of production since 1973.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Been doing that for quite a while. All of my favorite rifles have been out of production since 1973.
    Kinda annoying, because "out of production" to some folks means that the price is kinda high...
    Overkill is underrated.

Since the cataracts on both my eyes will be removed by then I'm thinking of bringing my .357 Mag. and .44 Mag Blackhawks to do some 'lead lobbing' at something long distance with open sights. Might be fun again if the surgery works and I can see again.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post

Kayak? Out of production

You? Out of production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by LMLarsen View Post
    You? Out of production.
    I prefer to think of myself as an extremely rare, limited edition one-off.
    Overkill is underrated.

I promise I'm not purposefully trying to lock up a computer system......
    It's either this or set the building on fire.

I promise I'm not purposefully trying to lock up a computer system......
    It's either this or set the building on fire.
    We switched to a digital phone system recently. As I'm sure you're aware, old (er) alarm systems don't play nice with shiny new digital phone systems. Lots of funny little problems since, mostly of the voltage (more accurately, a lack of) type. Those have basically been ironed out, but now we have your gremlins in our building. Yep. Ground fault. The phone guy says it isn't his issue, the alarm guy says it isn't his, and the electrician says it definitely isn't his.

Yaaayyy.
    Tim Mason

Getting all the windows in the house replaced on Thursday. Started moving stuff away from the windows tonight. Aint gonna be fun...but it's gonna be awesome!!

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    We switched to a digital phone system recently. As I'm sure you're aware, old (er) alarm systems don't play nice with shiny new digital phone systems. Lots of funny little problems since, mostly of the voltage (more accurately, a lack of) type. Those have basically been ironed out, but now we have your gremlins in our building. Yep. Ground fault. The phone guy says it isn't his issue, the alarm guy says it isn't his, and the electrician says it definitely isn't his.

Yaaayyy.
    Phones don't care (much) about voltage. Alarms do. Magic phone lines have weird (other than 48-52 volts D.C. ) voltages. Alarms don't like (depending on the maker) much less than 45-ish. Or so.
    To the ground fault...
    it's not the electrician. I'd bet good money. Let's rule him out.
    Phone guy. Doubt it's him, but is remotely possible. Easy test? Disconnect the phone line. There should (supposed to be) a phone jack the line plugs into. Unplug both (should be two) and see if the trouble goes away. If it does, phone guy issue. To confirm, when it's plugged back in and the fault comes back, phone guy. Seriously doubt that's the trouble, though. As I've only seen it a handful of times in 20 years. And one was so odd I won't even begin to try and explain the others were lightning damage, and technically not a real phone issue.
    If the ground fault stays in with phones disconnected..... the F A G (Fire Alarn Guy) needs to break out the meter.
    Send me an IM with your number and I can walk you through it tomorrow if you want.

Phones don't care (much) about voltage. Alarms do. Magic phone lines have weird (other than 48-52 volts D.C. ) voltages. Alarms don't like (depending on the maker) much less than 45-ish. Or so.
    To the ground fault...
    it's not the electrician. I'd bet good money. Let's rule him out.
    Phone guy. Doubt it's him, but is remotely possible. Easy test? Disconnect the phone line. There should (supposed to be) a phone jack the line plugs into. Unplug both (should be two) and see if the trouble goes away. If it does, phone guy issue. To confirm, when it's plugged back in and the fault comes back, phone guy. Seriously doubt that's the trouble, though. As I've only seen it a handful of times in 20 years. And one was so odd I won't even begin to try and explain the others were lightning damage, and technically not a real phone issue.
    If the ground fault stays in with phones disconnected..... the F A G (Fire Alarn Guy) needs to break out the meter.
    Send me an IM with your number and I can walk you through it tomorrow if you want.
    The phone guy and I (mostly him) believe we have it narrowed to the main panel. The panel displays "fault line 1" or words to that effect. The company that installed the panels says this confirms the problem to be "phone"... but, in switching the two lines, primary for backup and vice versa, the problem didn't change... still "fault line 1" which led p.g. and i to feel the problem is in the panel.

The system in question is a Seimens Cerberus with two annunciator (sp?) Panels... if that means anything.
    Tim Mason

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    The phone guy and I (mostly him) believe we have it narrowed to the main panel. The panel displays "fault line 1" or words to that effect. The company that installed the panels says this confirms the problem to be "phone"... but, in switching the two lines, primary for backup and vice versa, the problem didn't change... still "fault line 1" which led p.g. and i to feel the problem is in the panel.

The system in question is a Seimens Cerberus with two annunciator (sp?) Panels... if that means anything.
    I'm not too well versed in Siemen, but I'd wager phone issues. You switching lines is a good test, but, how long did you wait? Did you try and send a signal? Any signal will do. Take one battery lead off and cause a trouble. Some panels will hold a phone line fault until they send another signal. The two main Siemens panels I service aren't connected to a phone line, but a weird setup specific to, never mind. The other ones I service are also bastardized, so I can't say for certain.
    Now unless it SAYS ground fault, it ain't a ground fault.

Banned

So I finally got a part rounded up for the new to me three wheeler I purchased. It actually happened by chance. I ordered an axle from eBay since the one on it is bent to hell. Cut to today while sitting on the john and I get a call from a Utah number and for whatever reason decided to answer it. It was the axle seller advising me that he had to switch to USPS for delivery. We got to talking and it turns out that he has the axle housing that I need. So $125 more and I'll be in business.

Just got home from driving a school group to the Gulf Coast. We took 40 6, 7, and 8th graders for 2 nights. I've put over 650 miles.on a school bus since Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    Just got home from driving a school group to the Gulf Coast. We took 40 6, 7, and 8th graders for 2 nights. I've put over 650 miles.on a school bus since Sunday morning.

So who performed CPR on you so you could post this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will Rogers