Page 868 of 868 FirstFirst ... 368768818858866867868
Results 26,011 to 26,018 of 26018

Thread: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

And it is secured! So secured that I can't get inside to look at it. The front door is in good shape so I don't want to screw that up, the windows are all decent (and locked) the back door is beat to crap, but they got it barricaded with plywood or something. I may have to bash through that to get in. It looks like there may be asbestos siding under the aluminum too. I will have to take a sample and send it off for testing.

Arent you good to go if the asbestos is covered? Here it is OK to leave in place as long as its not falling apart or it is covered.

I need to hit a few of those auctions. I have not been a landlord in long enough that I am forgetting the annoying factor tenants are. A couple rentals would be a nice side hustle for retirement.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Arent you good to go if the asbestos is covered? Here it is OK to leave in place as long as its not falling apart or it is covered.

I need to hit a few of those auctions. I have not been a landlord in long enough that I am forgetting the annoying factor tenants are. A couple rentals would be a nice side hustle for retirement.
    Dude. You've worked on enough homes where Foodstanp Sally lives. Now imagine collecting the rent. And fixing damages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post

I could cover it, but if it is there, I would rather deal with it and get it over with. Actually, it is under the aluminum siding right now but I want to pull that and put up vinyl. I do lot and lots of work for demolition companies and can get it taken care of pretty cheap.

If you do, I suggest replacing the mechanical, plumbing, and electrical right off the bat. That will eliminate 95% of the fix it calls. That, and a great tenant at a lower rent beats the hell out of a bad tenant at a higher rent.

I did the landlord thing for a while. Once the family was eating regularly my father had apts. Thats where I learned to plumb, repair windows, and everything else at a young age. He dropped me off with parts at 630 and expected it to be done when he picked me up unless it was a two person job, and even then sometimes. There were 4 unit apts in the family and I had a 2 unit. It took time away from OT and I could make more working 3 weekends there without the tenant hassle even after write offs.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Dude. You've worked on enough homes where Foodstanp Sally lives. Now imagine collecting the rent. And fixing damages.
    Lease says no Section 8 on the first line. There are still dirtbags who will rebuild their motors in your living room without being on welfare. Been there done that. My first carpet jobin the late summer, I tore out in the spring.

Dress rehearsal for one of the two performances this coming weekend. I forgot how darn hot lace sleeves are - its been years since I wore them last.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."