Page 750 of 902 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760800850 ... LastLast
Results 22,471 to 22,500 of 27043

Thread: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

  1. #22471
    Senior Member Fisheadgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    crusted in sand
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    The older I get, the more I realize just how badass dogs are. They don't give two s about anything but eating, sleeping, pooping, and being your best buddy.
    I walked away from a system replacement job for my bookkeeper today because of a "badass" dog. I told her that if that pitbull lunged at me again, something bad would happen. The friggin thing was pretty angry about me being in it's territory and was trying it's damnedest to get a chunk of me. The mother was having a hard time holding it back just so that I could get back into my van and I was pretty close to putting a .380 round into it's​ head. We have two dogs and I get that they may want to protect their territory but this thing was overboard. It belonged to her daughter's fiance who is living with them and is the most vicious dog I've been around in quite a while. Call me simple but I don't understand why people want to have a vicious dog, especially when they have a young child in the home.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .

  2. #22472
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    I walked away from a system replacement job for my bookkeeper today because of a "badass" dog. I told her that if that pitbull lunged at me again, something bad would happen. The friggin thing was pretty angry about me being in it's territory and was trying it's damnedest to get a chunk of me. The mother was having a hard time holding it back just so that I could get back into my van and I was pretty close to putting a .380 round into it's​ head. We have two dogs and I get that they may want to protect their territory but this thing was overboard. It belonged to her daughter's fiance who is living with them and is the most vicious dog I've been around in quite a while. Call me simple but I don't understand why people want to have a vicious dog, especially when they have a young child in the home.
    And on the flip side....some dogs are pricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  3. #22473
    Senior Member Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dellrose TN
    Posts
    17,261

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    That dog needs to have a close encounter of the fatal kind.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

  4. #22474
    Senior Member Fisheadgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    crusted in sand
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    That dog needs to have a close encounter of the fatal kind.
    Jerry
    The fact that she's been doing my books for almost eight years and busts her butt to make sure that everything is legit is the only reason that the dog is still alive. She's a single mom and her daughter, granddaughter, and her daughter's​ fiance all live with her in her 900 sq ft home along with her mother who comes down from New York for a few months. The last thing they need in a crowded little house is a crazy vicious dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .

  5. #22475
    Senior Member early's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Thornton CO
    Posts
    4,590

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    There are people that should not have dogs.

    It is not okay to live in a congested area and let the dog bark in the yard indefinitely. Its not ok for the dog to cause harm to innocent people. The dogs owner is responsible and accountable for the dogs actions. Some people are not capable of understanding these concepts.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

  6. #22476
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,932

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Speaking of dogs... my latest scientific research project has been contaminated by Labrador spit every single time. For better or worse, I will find out the results this weekend.

  7. #22477
    Senior Member coolgunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere north of Mozambique
    Posts
    5,484

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    The fact that she's been doing my books for almost eight years and busts her butt to make sure that everything is legit is the only reason that the dog is still alive. She's a single mom and her daughter, granddaughter, and her daughter's​ fiance all live with her in her 900 sq ft home along with her mother who comes down from New York for a few months. The last thing they need in a crowded little house is a crazy vicious dog.

    The next time you go, take sarge with you.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

  8. #22478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Week three, plus two days, of ZERO use of the exercise machine that was going to get used if for no other reason than to prove me wrong when I said it won't get used...
    How many weeks do I wait before I bring it up? Has to be at least four. Think I'll wrote down the known list of excuses and hand it to her after hearing the excuses.
    There goes a motor for your mill....

  9. #22479
    Senior Member Varmintmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,963

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Thats what I was thinking, stop bitching and pull the motor, put the covers back on and walk away.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

  10. #22480
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, stop bitching and pull the motor, put the covers back on and walk away.
    It's non-powered. But if we weren't told by the previous fat cow owner, (who hasn't used it in years, and was mad that her husband was giving it away) that she wanted it back I'd have probably already cut it out for scrap. I'm sure there is something inside I could use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  11. #22481
    Senior Member coolgunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere north of Mozambique
    Posts
    5,484

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Wait until Mrs cpj goes out somewhere. Grab some of your tools - it won't matter which ones - and set them up around the machine. Maybe take a cover off, or a chain guard, or whatever so that it looks 'worked on'. Wait for wifey to pull in the driveway, then position yourself at the machine with a confused look on your face. As she walks in, but before (the 'before' is very important) she asks what the hell you're doing, say, in an equally confused voice; "Huh...I thought this thing was broken" or words to that effect. A head scratch or similar 'confused' gesture will add much to the performance.

    You probably want to make sure the tools you have present aren't the pointy-stabby or swingy-bludgeony kind. Maybe lock up the guns too.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

  12. #22482
    Senior Member jbp-ohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Panama City FL
    Posts
    8,297
    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    They're doing a car show at my son's daycare tomorrow. All the kids are supposed to make a box look like a car.

    My son wants to go as Blaze, of the Monster Machines. Costume's coming along quite well...
    What are you going to use for tires?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

  13. #22483
    Senior Member jbp-ohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Panama City FL
    Posts
    8,297
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Drive safely and watch out for idiots!
    Trump needs to put a trillion dollars into making semi truck only highways and get them mother truckers off the road!!

    Two trucks side by side through half of Tennessee. One in the passing lane going up a hill. Both are at 30mph by the time they get to the top. The truck in passing lane can almost get over. Then the truck on right lane passes going down the other side.....

    Repeat on next 20 hills.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

  14. #22484
    Senior Member TrueTone911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,296
    A new way to eat salmon. Salmon Pesto Pot Pie. Had this at the joint across the street. Served deconstructed on a puff pastry. A stretch to call it pot pie, but it was delicious.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

    Will Rogers

  15. #22485
    Senior Member tennmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a log
    Posts
    20,033

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
    Trump needs to put a trillion dollars into making semi truck only highways and get them mother truckers off the road!!

    Two trucks side by side through half of Tennessee. One in the passing lane going up a hill. Both are at 30mph by the time they get to the top. The truck in passing lane can almost get over. Then the truck on right lane passes going down the other side.....

    Repeat on next 20 hills.
    If you see a truck with the company name SWIFT on the side then do yourself a favor and get far, far away from it ASAP! They have a habit of wrecking on a very regular basis.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

  16. #22486
    Senior Member zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Merrritt Island, FL
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Week three, plus two days, of ZERO use of the exercise machine that was going to get used if for no other reason than to prove me wrong when I said it won't get used...
    Dunno what kind of machine it is - does it have a motor in it?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

  17. #22487
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Dunno what kind of machine it is - does it have a motor in it?
    Elliptical
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  18. #22488
    Senior Member Varmintmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,963

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Another option is to jump on it and drop weight.

    The Mrs is half mad at me because she was a sporto in HS and college, Shotocan instructor as a younger person, and "works out". Thing is she used to be able to pound hard for a short time and the lbs came off even cheating on a diet. Well, she has been going to Planet Fitness blasting hard, (even though the trainer she PAYS for says dont do so much) but at her age just hurts herself. So hits it hard for a few days, has to stop and rest, then has to get motivated, then in 3 weeks blasts hard, hurts herself........lather rinse repeat...

    I have been watching intake and just walking and dropping lbs. So she is mad at me. God forbid I mention that the hidden stashes of chocolate might be a factor...

    Speaking of Planet Fitness, I have noticed in this area the name fits because most of the wimmins who go there have their own orbit. Not a lot of Zumba instructor types crossing that parking lot.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

  19. #22489
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Another option is to jump on it and drop weight.

    The Mrs is half mad at me because she was a sporto in HS and college, Shotocan instructor as a younger person, and "works out". Thing is she used to be able to pound hard for a short time and the lbs came off even cheating on a diet. Well, she has been going to Planet Fitness blasting hard, (even though the trainer she PAYS for says dont do so much) but at her age just hurts herself. So hits it hard for a few days, has to stop and rest, then has to get motivated, then in 3 weeks blasts hard, hurts herself........lather rinse repeat...

    I have been watching intake and just walking and dropping lbs. So she is mad at me. God forbid I mention that the hidden stashes of chocolate might be a factor...

    Speaking of Planet Fitness, I have noticed in this area the name fits because most of the wimmins who go there have their own orbit. Not a lot of Zumba instructor types crossing that parking lot.
    Use that machine? FUDGE NO. Exercise needs to be somewhat enjoyable. That machine AINT. Even if it was better than sex, (been so long, it may be) there is ZERO chance I would use it. "Oh, Mr I don't want that stupid machine sure is enjoying it!!"
    Yeah. Ain't happening.
    I enjoy bike riding. It's outdoors. It's fast. It's enjoyable. Not some death trap in the living room.
    Far as losing weight, I'm back on fat camp and have dropped about 4 this week. Official weigh in tomorrow. I too can drop weight by cutting intake. Like everyone who doesn't have an actual medical issue can.
    As to the hidden chocolate, I don't mention things such as that. "I just don't know why I cant lose weight! I've exercised! Man, this sweet tea and Snickers is excellent!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  20. #22490
    Senior Member zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Merrritt Island, FL
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    I *really* wish Microsoft would stop finding new and creative ways to enable serial mouse drivers that we've disabled various ways 10,000 times before. Serial mice have been obsolete for 30 years, yet M$ insists on including drivers for them that screw up serial ports receiving NMEA and other streaming data. After the last update, the damn driver is back, even though its been gone for several years now.

    On about 20 machines - that I know about so far...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

  21. #22491
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    You have serial ports?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  22. #22492
    Senior Member zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Merrritt Island, FL
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    You have serial ports?
    Hundreds of them all told. Our world runs on serial.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

  23. #22493
    Senior Member tennmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a log
    Posts
    20,033

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Making doughnuts tonight. I'm doing the baked in the oven in silicone pan ones. These are Betty Crocker yellow cake mix with two tablespoons of cinnamon added to the mix, and milk chocolate frosting.
    There are only 11 in the picture because I ate one before taking the picture. There are only 9 now because I ate two more because they're good!

    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

  24. #22494

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    And, when did truckers decide that the right lane ran from the outside of the rumble strips to the white center line. We traveled from Nashville TN to Southern Illinois Wednesday and had at least a dozen truckers weave all over the lane. In most cases, as we passed them, they were on the phone or reading from the phone.

  25. #22495
    Senior Member coolgunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere north of Mozambique
    Posts
    5,484

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    And, when did truckers decide that the right lane ran from the outside of the rumble strips to the white center line. We traveled from Nashville TN to Southern Illinois Wednesday and had at least a dozen truckers weave all over the lane. In most cases, as we passed them, they were on the phone or reading from the phone.

    Likely they were feeling left out and wanted to be included in the "I can drive like a moron too" sweepstakes. I hear the prizes are to die for...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

  26. #22496
    Senior Member tennmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a log
    Posts
    20,033

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Likely they were feeling left out and wanted to be included in the "I can drive like a moron too" sweepstakes. I hear the prizes are to die for...
    TN DOT is kept pretty busy replacing guard rails on I-75 between Knoxville and Chattanooga because truckers take them out on a regular basis. Hardly ever any skid marks; just looks like they drove off the road on purpose. I don't know, but highly suspect, that I-40 is the same from Knoxville to Nashville and points West. I don't drive that route very often; nothing over that way that I need to see.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

  27. #22497
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Lathe had an issue tonight. I was cleaning the garage and found an old trailer hitch ball. Hmmm. This looks like a cannon/mortar in the making. Tossed it in the lathe and started making chips. It won't work for what I want, but that's not the point. Using the fine feed to move the carriage, it just...quit. Reverse lead screw worked, just not anti-reverse. Opened the door and found a gear half hanging off. Seems the nut had backed out and dropped waaaaaaaaay down yonder into the inner workings. Not around any moving bits, thankfully. But it's WELL out of finger range. Gonna take a magnet retriever to retrieve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

    I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

  28. #22498
    Senior Member coolgunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere north of Mozambique
    Posts
    5,484

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    The last time I drove that stretch, it didn't look too bad... but that was a while ago.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

  29. #22499
    Senior Member LMLarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,721

    Re: The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

    Woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. Turned on Fox News while the coffee was brewing, and was pleasantly surprised to see they play the National Anthem at 0600 to start their news day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

  30. #22500
    Senior Member TrueTone911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,296
    Before stations broadcast programs 24 hours a day, didn't they do that when they signed off for the evening? I seem to recall that they did. Can you imagine a station "signing off" today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

    Will Rogers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •