Thread: Missed out last time, won't happen again. Pusca Semiautomat cu Luneta on the way.

Missed out last time, won't happen again. Pusca Semiautomat cu Luneta on the way.

I have been kicking myself repeatedly for not picking up a PSL when they were dirt cheap. They are currently selling for $1500 in some places so I had given up on getting one since no more will be imported and I am not paying that price. In talking with someone at Century I found that they have a small stash of Cugir built PSL's up for sale in small quantities. I jumped on it immediately and let my LGS know. They are shipping out in a few weeks. A bit more than they used to be but WELL below the $1500 they are going for currently.

Figured I would give a heads up as I know we have a few AK guys here that may be interested in its big brother. They are shipping with rifle, original scope and 4 mags. Obligatory pics will be up when it arrives.
    Last edited by rallykid; 07-20-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Part of what makes the AK so awesome is that it's the shameless, kinda dirty chick who's always down to party and doesn't expect you to buy her diamonds.

Re: Missed out last time, won't happen again. Pusca Semiautomat cu Luneta on the way.

Great for you....Not my cup of tea....but sounds like you got what your looking for at a good price and that is

Re: Missed out last time, won't happen again. Pusca Semiautomat cu Luneta on the way.

Are extra mags scarce? Is that scope mount the same as the AK side mount setup? What is the scope power?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

I am a fan of interesting combloc weapons. I think it is cool to have something semi auto that shoots cheap surplus and will ring steel at 800 yards. Plus it helps expand and complete my Romanian collection.
    Part of what makes the AK so awesome is that it's the shameless, kinda dirty chick who's always down to party and doesn't expect you to buy her diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    Are extra mags scarce? Is that scope mount the same as the AK side mount setup? What is the scope power?
    Extra mags are getting a little more scarce than they used to be and the prices skyrocketed when the rifles dried up. The scope is a PSO style with bullet drop compensator and side mount. The mount is similar to the AK as it is side mount but longer to fit the larger optic rail and higher.

I had one for a while during my quest for the perfect pig gun. They are ok in the accuracy department but nothing special, reliability is good. Their big drawbacks are the stock is short, the barrel is too long which makes it feel fairly off balance. The optics are so-so and mag capacity is only 10.
    I bought mine for $650 way back when they were cheap and sold it for a lot more. I don't think I would buy another unless it was a real Soviet Tiger.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

Tim, was yours a kit build or an import?

So you plan on riding with me the next time we go to Indiana to shoot at the 750 yard range?
    Quote Originally Posted by KENFU1911 View Post
    It's diameter is .277..........the number of the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    So you plan on riding with me the next time we go to Indiana to shoot at the 750 yard range?
    Depending on scheduling that would definitely be a trip I was down for. Do you still shoot at the range we went to before? IIRC they had a 200 yard range.

Quote Originally Posted by rallykid View Post
    Depending on scheduling that would definitely be a trip I was down for. Do you still shoot at the range we went to before? IIRC they had a 200 yard range.
    No, I am not a member there anymore, but there is a state range in Otisville that goes to 200 yards. I will be headed there very soon so I can at least check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    No, I am not a member there anymore, but there is a state range in Otisville that goes to 200 yards. I will be headed there very soon so I can at least check it out.
    Very cool. I would at least like to get it sighted in solidly at 200-300 before I start trying to stretch its legs out to see what it will do.

Get it solid and grouping at 100 before you even think about stretching its legs. Alpha was hitting 3'x3' steel at 500 pretty much at will with his Garand and battle sights, but that 10" gong at 500 yards was pretty tough using a .308 and 24x scope on a calm day. 750? That is entirely another animal.

Yup, plan is 100 then work it up 100 yards at a time to see what it will do.

Wish I had the cash to pick one up. Then I would have the whole AK Family- Pistol, Regular AK, Shotgun, and PSL/Dragonov copy.

I'm there on the AR side (except shotgun, because those AR shotguns are not real ARs operating system)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by rallykid View Post
    Tim, was yours a kit build or an import?
    Mine was a Romanian import, like I said, nice enough gun but not anywhere near close to what I wanted for balance and accuracy. For the price they are now I would buy a DPMS LR308. But if you just want one and have the disposable cash the buy it and enjoy!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member