Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Marjuana

Synthetic Marjuana

Is now banned in SC. Funny thing is, what was perfectly legal to buy in the gas station 2 weeks ago is now in the same boat as Cocaine and Heroine. I have never used the stuff, have no intent on using the stuff, but seriously, Coke and Heroine?

http://www.live5news.com/story/15874...erkeley-county
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post

There no mangos like Dans mangos.

Senior Member Slanteyedshootist's Avatar

Re: Synthetic Marjuana

Bath salts??? I guess I'm out of touch. I've never heard of bath salts being used to get high.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanteyedshootist View Post
    Bath salts??? I guess I'm out of touch. I've never heard of bath salts being used to get high.
    There was also some incense that they were smoking. They outlawed some of it here as well. A friend of mines son got a ride to the hospital from smoking it. Its not as safe as the real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli, at the SE Shoot View Post

If I feel your tongue in my ear I'll shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanteyedshootist View Post
    Um, yeah, and you would smoke those "bath salts" out of the "tobacco water pipe" that you bought at the "tobacco store". :wink : :wink :
    That's all I got.

Paul

Kids are DYING from smoking the synthetic stuff. I guess that's OK, it's their choice, right? Our libertarian buddies would say so.
    Jerry
    WE SHOULD PROBABLY IGNORE POSTS CO-AUTHORED BY JACK DANIEL, JIM BEAM, JOHNNIE WALKER AND JOSE' CUERVO

Guess things were different on me when I was growing up.... Hell, kids die from huffing whipped cream now days.

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    Um, yeah, and you would smoke those "bath salts" out of the "tobacco water pipe" that you bought at the "tobacco store". :wink : :wink :
    I walked into a store that had a sign outside "Tobacco Shop". Only thin in there was hookahs and stuff. The conversation was short.

"So, I guess you don't sell cigars?"

"Nope."

"Bye."

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
    Guess things were different on me when I was growing up.... Hell, kids die from huffing whipped cream now days.
    I claim no knowledge of holding a can of whip cream up right, pressing the nozzle and inhaling the Nitrous Oxide gas that is inside the can to get a buzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wambli, at the SE Shoot View Post

If I feel your tongue in my ear I'll shoot you.

This if nothing else should (but won't) wake people up. We would rather watch people smoke an unknown list of chemicals than decriminalize something that should never have been made illegal in the first place. Who cares, it's always someone else's kid that deserved it for breaking the law.

Here's one:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-5202...eds%2Fnewsiest

Darwin effect at its best!
    Jerry
    WE SHOULD PROBABLY IGNORE POSTS CO-AUTHORED BY JACK DANIEL, JIM BEAM, JOHNNIE WALKER AND JOSE' CUERVO

It still will ALWAYS partially blame the establishment. Yes it's part darwin, but if pot were legal, it would be about as big a deal as beer is. The kid would have smoke, eaten a pizza, and watched a movie. Now the person is dead instead because the drug companies, the chemical companies, and too many politician not to mention certain LEO's are too set in their ways. The drug war has failed. Come out of the dark ages.

My thing is that there are people who will abuse anything they can to destroy themselves. It could be something like alcohol drinking that takes you to a fifth a day, or mixing chemicals that you think will give you a buzz. It just strikes me odd that something goes from perfectly legal one day, the next it is a felony charge with 5 years time. Something bought at a gas station none the less, not something that was bought from a dealer on the street corner.

Regardless of the carrier, the chemical that produces the buzz is deadly. Alabama gave dealers a 30-day grace period to clear their shelves, which expired last week. Now having it for sale is a felony. I think they should give the stuff away, so the idiots can kill themselves and the rest of the people can (maybe) learn to leave it alone. Do the same thing with meth, heroin, and Cocaine! People should reap permanent consequences for their own stupidity.
    Jerry

Banned

I say legalize and tax ALL drugs whether it be heroine, cocaine, meth, crack, etc.... Let the responsible users "if there is such thing," use and then let natural selection run its course. I bet the economy and population would both straighten up in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
    My thing is that there are people who will abuse anything they can to destroy themselves. It could be something like alcohol drinking that takes you to a fifth a day, or mixing chemicals that you think will give you a buzz. It just strikes me odd that something goes from perfectly legal one day, the next it is a felony charge with 5 years time. Something bought at a gas station none the less, not something that was bought from a dealer on the street corner.
    "The only power government has is to crack down on criminals...when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand (Atlas srhugged-1957)

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Here's one:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-5202...eds%2Fnewsiest

Darwin effect at its best!
    Jerry
    Here is a statement from the link:

BUT WHEN SOMETHING IS DEEMED "LEGAL", ISNT IT SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE?
    Well Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????? ^^^^^^^...... I see what ya are getting at Teach....... Some people's children, huh?...... OTOH, MEK, mineral spirits, laquer thinner, Imron Paint, gasoline,aspirin, etc. are legal too, but I wouldn't want to smoke any of them either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is"

Quote Originally Posted by 10 AC View Post
    "The only power government has is to crack down on criminals...when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand (Atlas srhugged-1957)
    And the list gets larger every day.
    These shoulder-mounted copulatory organs are at it again.
    The Democrat Party reminds me of a horde of dung beetles scavenging
    through a load of animal droppings looking for food and shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Regardless of the carrier, the chemical that produces the buzz is deadly. Alabama gave dealers a 30-day grace period to clear their shelves, which expired last week. Now having it for sale is a felony
    So basically they said "This stuff can hurt or kill people so we'll give retailers 30 days to clear their stock by selling it to the general public so they won't lose money "

Here is an honest question, how many of us use or know someone that uses a product that comes in a package with the warning:

"The Surgeon General has determined that the use of this product WILL KILL YOU!"
    That's all I got.

Paul

I guess SC kids are out wandering in the woods looking for cane toads now.

All this prohibition of things has got me to thinking. If education were prohibited with long jail sentences for learning I bet within 1-2 generations we'd be the most intelligent country on the planet. Nothing like making something prohibited to make it the must have thing.
    A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Nothing like making something prohibited to make it the must have thing.
    That's also one of things I don't get. The War of drugs has failed outright. The jail sentences have failed to produce any result expect spiraling costs. Yet the establishment still clings to it. As if we didn't learn the lesson of enforcing laws on morals during Prohibition. All it does is make someone super rich by smuggling it. Others die from impure and toxic versions of the product. Governments can't tax it. People that want it will find ways of getting it.

How many jobs could be created this year if marijuana cultivation was legalized? It just reeks of sheer stubborn idiocy to me.

I claim no knowledge of holding a can of whip cream up right, pressing the nozzle and inhaling the Nitrous Oxide gas that is inside the can to get a buzz.
    Oh hell, now they'll probably ban whipped Cream! What's the world coming to???

They need to just legalize plain old pot and then maybe kids would quit killing themselves trying to get around the law.

All this money they spend and time trying to stop Marijuana use. They could take some of that money they are blowing on that and use it to stop hard drugs, the ones that really hurt people like Cocain, Heroine, and their derivatives. Also some of the cops tied up doing this could be attending to more important matters such as ID Theft and other serious problems.
    Last edited by snake284; 10-27-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    All this money they spend and time trying to stop Marijuana use. They could take some of that money they are blowing on that and use it to stop hard drugs, the ones that really hurt people like Cocain, Heroine, and their derivatives. Also some of the cops tied up doing this could be attending to more important matters such as ID Theft and other serious problems.
    Prisons would have lower populations. Farms, and dozens of businesses could hire many thousands of workers at a minimum. Real jobs, not that shovel ready number shuffling. I could see a $50 a year grow license. Individuals would easily pay $10-20 for a pack the size of a normal Marlboro Red. $10 straight to the tax man.

The surplus grown for export and alternate uses. I bet that cancer research would get a fair boost. America goes from one of the most hard-line anti-drug countries, to one of the most progressive ones in one fell swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    And the list gets larger every day.
    Of course it does... it helps substantiate reasoning for bigger/more Government. Regardless of how people feel about drug use (whether it's pot or cocaine), the bottom line is that we cannot AFFORD to keep trying to enforce it's prohibition. Legalize and tax the heck out of it and let Darwinism work it's course.

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Legalize and tax the heck out of it and let Darwinism work it's course.
    Sounds good to me- - - - -as long as we quit subsidizing health care for the idiots who OD. That should include the alcoholics and tobacco addicts.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Tugar View Post
    It still will ALWAYS partially blame the establishment. Yes it's part darwin, but if pot were legal, it would be about as big a deal as beer is. The kid would have smoke, eaten a pizza, and watched a movie. Now the person is dead instead because the drug companies, the chemical companies, and too many politician not to mention certain LEO's are too set in their ways. The drug war has failed. Come out of the dark ages.
    Amen. I simply can't comprehend why marijuana (arguably less harmful than alcohol or tobacco) is still illegal.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Only reasons I can figure why marijuana is still illegal is because:

1. No reliable, inexpensive sobriety tests or standards.
    2. Lots of LEOs dead in the war on drugs.
    Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free. - Maj. Frank Burns

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Only reasons I can figure why marijuana is still illegal is because:

1. No reliable, inexpensive sobriety tests or standards.
    2. Lots of LEOs dead in the war on drugs.
    You would see this change in 5 seconds, if the feds stopped giving grants and govt. subsidies for drug control.

Probably. However, I think (just my opinion) that folks would be unwilling to legalize something that's lead to several LE deaths. Prohibition was different, as it was previously legal to drink. Now we've got whole generations of folks who are raised up on "drugs are bad, and pot's bad."
    Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free. - Maj. Frank Burns

I actually thought you misspelled the word "dead" in your #2 list, to mean "lead". However, the deaths have been a result of the enforcement process, not the possession. Drug cartels don't want their "product" and "salespeople" to be screwed with.