Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst firearms instructor on the planet????

Worst firearms instructor on the planet????

Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Re: Worst firearms instructor on the planet????

CRAP!! They are in Fayetteville NC ... never liked to risk it from criminals in Fayettnam now the ones with CHP training by Voda ... Fayettenam is definitely a last on the list place.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Gotta love his "chicken wing" stance
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Banned

Wow.

I just kept giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Brah!"
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

I wouldn't do well with his training, I respond poorly to someone intentionally pointing a firearm at me.

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    Well ya know in the hood they may be used to lookin down the barrel so they want their training experience as authentic as possible,

_________
    Last edited by snake284; 11-14-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

But......But...he need no clip...........he racking the slide.........the bad man?...... he long gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    ...But seriously Shush....

I was really hoping he was going to shoot himself in the foot.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

YouTube, one of mankind's greates AND worst inventions rolled into one. Someone is home right now watching that video thinking it is "instruction"...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

He did get the gangsta looking guy to rotate his gun to vertical, after quick-drawing and racking the slide - the Fayetteville version of an Israeli draw, I reckon.

That was a waste of 4 minutes...bad
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

O. M. Flippin' G!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

I was wincing through the entire video. He considers himself a firearms instructor? Maybe an instructor on how NOT to handle a firearm. What was the count on all the basic firearm safety rules he violated in the video. Looks like it was a "From da 'Hood to the Classroom" job promotion.

Where did he get certified as a Firearms Instructor?
    What Instructor training course is so very sucky ?
    What is with the continual racking of the slide ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    Where did he get certified as a Firearms Instructor?

Probably the NRA.

What Instructor training course is so very sucky ?

Would guess the one he was certified at.

What is with the continual racking of the slide ?

Trigger reset on his Glock. And it looks cool!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Well, I can see you don't like the NRA very much, however there is no Instructor training course anywhere that would advocate such poor training methods.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Well, I can see you don't like the NRA very much, however there is no Instructor training course anywhere that would advocate such poor training methods.
    They definitely didn't when I took it. Neither in the gun course nor the instructor course.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

I don't think the NRA certifies "defensive" firearm instructors. Maybe the guy does have an NRA cert as a safety instructor, albeit a very bad one, and made up/exaggerated his defensive credentials? I've seen guys who were qualified in one area who were teaching in another and were way over their heads.
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    I don't think the NRA certifies "defensive" firearm instructors. Maybe the guy does have an NRA cert as a safety instructor, albeit a very bad one, and made up/exaggerated his defensive credentials? I've seen guys who were qualified in one area who were teaching in another and were way over their heads.
    The NRA certifies you to teach a SAFETY course. It is NOT a shooting course, a tactics course, a law course, or anything but safety, types of handguns, types of ammo and BASIC theoretical marksmanship. The equivalent of teaching you about types of guitars and how to hold one. You still have to go learn how to play. The NC instructor course doesn't even go THAT far. WAY too many folks out there teaching WAY ahead if their freaking headlights. Buyer beware...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

This guy DID hold some sort of NRA certification before this video surfaced. One of the sites that linked to this video states he's lost both his NRA and NC instructor credentials

http://bearingarms.com/worlds-worst-...d-credentials/
    Last edited by knitepoet; 11-25-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Well deserved too, it is too bad people like that give a false image of firearms instructors everywhere, unfairly condemning the good with the bad.

Well deserved too, it is too bad people like that give a false image of firearms instructors everywhere, unfairly condemning the good with the bad.
    Unfurtunately in my experience he IS part of the majority. There are a LOT of really bad instruction out there...

I love the funereal music - very appropriate!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

I just don't get how this guy could believe he was teaching his students anything valid or in any way useful !
    Almost like a jailhouse style course for incompetent criminals !

1. He might do well as a dance Instructor

2. This video could use subtitles
    Last edited by DoctorWho; 11-29-2015 at 07:08 PM.

I really need to take the NC CHP course (some idiot forgot to tell me it was time to renew it) and would love to take it from him just to see how bad he is. But I do not want to give him any money and due to a lot of changes in NC CHP laws I really need a good instructor for the legal side and I would not trust him if he told me the sky was blue.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NCFUBAR View Post
    I really need to take the NC CHP course (some idiot forgot to tell me it was time to renew it) and would love to take it from him just to see how bad he is. But I do not want to give him any money and due to a lot of changes in NC CHP laws I really need a good instructor for the legal side and I would not trust him if he told me the sky was blue.
    How far are you from me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    YouTube, one of mankind's greates AND worst inventions rolled into one. Someone is home right now watching that video thinking it is "instruction"...

Ya got that right!!!! To quote my Granddad"::::"Find 'em dumb,leave 'em dumb."
    "It is what it is"

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    I love the funereal music - very appropriate!
    Yeah, it's to get everyone in the mood for what's about to come! This guy is a real piece of work.

However, all the NRA or any instructional course can do is give you information(Training). It's up to the individual to use that information properly. It's kinda like the old adage, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

"It's kinda like the old adage, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

I learned that at an early age.
    However, when I was looking the other way, the horse would often drink, horses are similar to people, they can be stubborn ornery jackasses.