Thread: Things that go bump in the night..............

Things that go bump in the night..............

While watching TV tonight I was startled a bit. About 11 pm I hear a wap wap wap wap real intense like someone knocking frantically on the sliding glass doors to my back porch. Dang that can't be would have to break through the locked screen door to the porch first, security/motion light didn't kick on either.

So I turn on other lights don't see anybody or anything.............one of the cats wants in is standing by the door, but never made that noise before..............still warm enough for the AC and I keep the sliding doors shut and locked unless the weather is nice and I leave them open or cracked so the cats can go in and out to the back porch to lounge and to a litter box in the daytime and until bedtime at night.

So after waiting watching and listening I see nothing and open the door, cat comes flying in still nothing so I proceed out the door to the back porch to look around (well me and a .44 Spl). All clear.................still can't figure out the "Knocking".............

A few minutes later I see that cat and look closer...............she had somehow wrapped one of those sticky fly catcher tubes with tape you pull out around her back leg and somehow got it wrapped several turns. I unraveled it and threw it away. Must have got her in a hissy fit when she couldn't shake it off

I had hung it on a 5ft tall box that holds a roll of garden plastic cover because there was no where else to hang it with all metal and screens.

While in Walmart today I decided to buy a pack of them to see if they would help get rid those damn little fruit flies. I have put a glass bowl out with cider vinegar and a couple drops of liquid dish soap in a couple places and caught quite a few in the kitchen. But thought maybe they were coming in off the back porch since I can't find where they might be coming from in the house. They like bananas and that is where the cider vinegar is next to, my banana stand. Even when no bananas are in the house I see them. I hate the pesky little bastards and they are quick too..............

Anyhow, it was nothing and I'm glad cause it is about bedtime for my tired 63 year butt. I need my beauty sleep.
    Last edited by Big Chief; 01-04-2017 at 05:50 AM.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: Things that go bump in the night..............

Cat catcher

Shoulda snuck out the front door and ghosted to the back with that new AR.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Cat catcher

Shoulda snuck out the front door and ghosted to the back with that new AR.
    I could have played Army and low-crawled around the house with AR in tow............naw... I did that fer 20 years already

Usually there is a simple explanation for happenings/sounds around the house while not readily apparent at first, it pays off to be vigilant, but not to overreact and get ignorant before you know what is going on.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Shoulda blasted several rounds through the door, and then checked. Just to be safe!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Shoulda blasted several rounds through the door, and then checked. Just to be safe!
    That would have nailed that "Cat Burglar"

Guess I was in a Sticky situation and just didn't know it

Where was your Joe Biden double barrel? Gotta have the proper home defense gun, ya know!

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Where was your Joe Biden double barrel? Gotta have the proper home defense gun, ya know!

Jerry
    I sure would hate to hit my TV or laptop or glass sliding doors with a shotgun blast.....not saying it makes a hoot when my life is at stake, but still I thunk about such things.....

Not saying 6 .44 spls or .357s or .38+ps or 8 9mm or whatever I have at the time would all hit their taget or not go through.
    Last edited by Big Chief; 01-05-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post

While in Walmart today I decided to buy a pack of them to see if they would help get rid those damn little fruit flies. I have put a glass bowl out with cider vinegar and a couple drops of liquid dish soap in a couple places and caught quite a few in the kitchen. But thought maybe they were coming in off the back porch since I can't find where they might be coming from in the house. They like bananas and that is where the cider vinegar is next to, my banana stand. Even when no bananas are in the house I see them. I hate the pesky little bastards and they are quick too..............

Anyhow, it was nothing and I'm glad cause it is about bedtime for my tired 63 year butt. I need my beauty sleep.
    I keep several Tactical dog turds in the furthest area of the backyard. It doesn't get rid of the flies but at least I know where they all are.

I think we all have an experience like that. Birds hit my sliding glass door and knock themselves out.I added colored tape but they still hit glass with often.