Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ's annual crime report, FBI's UCR, NRA and Cirilo all say

Banned

DOJ's annual crime report, FBI's UCR, NRA and Cirilo all say

that the crap will be at 10 ft or less (for civilians) and that you usually dont have to even fire. Most attacks are not made with guns and MISSES have changed a lot of minds, too. Cirillo's NYPD stakeout unit confronted over 270 armed robbers and only 40 made the cops shoot. Those robbers were cornered. If you have any sense, you'll leave your attacker a way out, cause if you hit somebody with a bullet, it will cost you $50,000 to half a million $ to stay out of prison and "un-sued" out of everything that you ever make. Just ask George Z if that's not true. All it takes is for your attacker to be some minority punk and nothing you do will be ok with the "law".

Re: DOJ's annual crime report, FBI's UCR, NRA and Cirilo all say

How's the fertilizer business going these days? I see you provide your own product. Come on down and talk to my garden in a couple of months.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by dali View Post
    Just ask George Z if that's not true. .
    You should probably realize that most folks here think George Z was and still is an idiot
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    You should probably realize that most folks here think George Z, and Dali, were and still are idiots

FIFY
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY

"Leave your gun holstered and quote statistics from the 1970's and 80's at your adversary, while worrying more about your bank account than your life". . .Got it!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Now I ain't a smart man, but what the Heck did he say?
    Did he say to keep holstered and give your attacker an out?
    The only out is up and over me; and No I will not holster my weapon until the situation is rectified. My bank account is secure and my assets are secure. I do have a very good attorney on retainer.

Banned

If a man forces me to pull, it's not going to be fight...it's going to be an execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

You should probably realize that most folks here think George Z was and still is an idiot
    George Z donated a lot of time and effort keeping people in their beds safe. They thereby threw him to the dogs, at the first
    test of loyalty. They were too busy enjoying their lives, to get off their collective fat asses, and speak up for him. These days,
    if you do the same thing George Z did, without salary, pension, medical, full benefits, paid vehicle, insurance, training, and
    uniforms, YOU'RE the idiot...

Good grief- - - - -another one crawled out from under a rock somewhere! Anybody want to start a countdown on this doofus?

Jerry

Nuts, I missed this thread the first time!

Move over, and share the popcorn.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by Danoobie View Post
    George Z donated a lot of time and effort keeping people in their beds safe. They thereby threw him to the dogs, at the first
    test of loyalty. They were too busy enjoying their lives, to get off their collective fat asses, and speak up for him. These days,
    if you do the same thing George Z did, without salary, pension, medical, full benefits, paid vehicle, insurance, training, and
    George Zimmerman had a screaming case of mall cop short penis syndrome, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Yeah...ole George is a shining example of a good citizen....remind me...how many times has he been arrested for being a dumb ass in public?

Yeah...ole George is a shining example of a good citizen....remind me...how many times has he been arrested for being a dumb ass in public?
    Isn't he up to number 3 as of last year???
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Zimmerman is a ing moron who went looking for trouble and found it. Yeah, the snowflake he killed was probably up to no good, and he was certainly no innocent, but 'ol George was the instigator of the confrontation that led to the snowflake's demise.

Frankly, if you're holding Zimmerman up as someone to be emulated, (it sure seems that way, but correct me if I'm wrong) then you're a ing moron too.

I say this in full realization that I may have to someday apologize to a moron for unfairly comparing him to somebody that would emulate Zimmerman, but until that day, I stand by my words
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

"It's BAAAAAACCCCCKKKK!" Got a different ISP now?
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Frankly, if you're holding Zimmerman up as someone to be emulated, (it sure seems that way, but correct me if I'm wrong) then you're a ing moron too.
    NO, not holding him up to be emulated. But he
    did teach us all what a mistake it is to do what he did.
    Especially with zero compensation and authority.
    But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Be a little ruder to new folks on the forum, then wonder why the
    activity here is so low. But what do I know, I'm just a "doofus, moron, pinhead".
    IIRC, I was reading one of your posts by a regular, who was lamenting his treatment
    at a LGS, by arrogant, condescending, rude, snotty, know-it-all counter people.
    Seems to me, from the way he described it, as though they were acting a lot like...

...you guys.
    Last edited by Danoobie; 05-17-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Lol. I did say "if", and asked you to correct me if I'm wrong... but you apparently missed that. My mistake in not bolding, I suppose.

If you feel you're being tread unfairly, make your case. I'm willing to listen.

I have no knowledge of the post you're referring, maybe you can enlighten me?

ETA: It's "rudely" or possibly "more rudely".... not "ruder".
    Last edited by coolgunguy; 05-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    George Carlin

In this context, it would be "more rude." I don't know it all, but I did work as a copy editor in my youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
    NRA Endowment Member

In all fairness, that was a long time ago...

George Carlin

But thanks for putting words in my mouth. .
    What George did doesn't even rise to a "teachable moment" to anyone with two brain cells to rub together. He committed an act of public stupidity that he walked away from by the skin of his teeth. If you were to look up "dumb ass" in the dictionary , you would find his picture.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/perspec...rtin-shooting/
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...utionary-tale/

I thought the same thing as many of you did about GZ, but I have since recanted my original opinion since I realized that I was falling for the MSM's narrative of events.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.

There is no doubt that Trayvon Martin was a thug who made an error in the victim selection process...George has a pattern of bad decision making

There is no doubt that Trayvon Martin was a thug who made an error in the victim selection process...George has a pattern of bad decision making
    24/7 media witch hunting will expose a pattern of bad decision making in us all. Just don't let it prevent you from learning from one of the most tragic railroading's in US judicial history.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Be a little ruder to new folks on the forum, then wonder why the
    activity here is so low. But what do I know, I'm just a "doofus, moron, pinhead".
    IIRC, I was reading one of your posts by a regular, who was lamenting his treatment
    at a LGS, by arrogant, condescending, rude, snotty, know-it-all counter people.
    Seems to me, from the way he described it, as though they were acting a lot like...

...you guys.
    Activity here is definitely NOT low. I have been a member of many forums which appear much larger/more active, with tons of sections, members and content and REALLY low quality of all of the above. When you post a question you might get a few replies from the usual suspects that amount to very little info which is usually incorrect and/or seriously outdated. Here we have a smaller but VERY tight community of very knowledgeable folks that trust each other based on history and experience with each other in this site. Might appear a little rough at times but then again as a group we are not very fond of thin skinned folks either.

On the topic of good ol' GZ. He was in over his head even before the "incident" and that is obvious by the way the whole thing came down. A quick call to 911 by him (as opposed to playing cop) would have saved him a lifetime of aggravation. Since then GZ has proven that he is not smart enough to just behave, lay low and count his blessings. He's not exactly an example of superior intelligence and common sense...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Activity here is definitely NOT low. I have been a member of many forums which appear much larger/more active, with tons of sections, members and content and REALLY low quality of all of the above. When you post a question you might get a few replies from the usual suspects that amount to very little info which is usually incorrect and/or seriously outdated. Here we have a smaller but VERY tight community of very knowledgeable folks that trust each other based on history and experience with each other in this site. Might appear a little rough at times but then again as a group we are not very fond of thin skinned folks either.

On the topic of good ol' GZ. He was in over his head even before the "incident" and that is obvious by the way the whole thing came down. A quick call to 911 by him (as opposed to playing cop) would have saved him a lifetime of aggravation. Since then GZ has proven that he is not smart enough to just behave, lay low and count his blessings. He's not exactly an example of superior intelligence and common sense...
    He DID call 911, he was NOT a wanna be cop, he was NOT a self appointed neighborhood watch captain but elected desperately by his own burglarized neighbors, and I could care less the size of his manhood. What I DO care about is that too many just dismiss his plight as, "an idiot gets what an idiot deserves" rather than truly being aware of the path and precedent it has set for this country.

They have tried to use the SYG law here in FLA, but it won't work as a "License To Kill" as gun grabbers try to use as an excuse to roll back the law.

Each case is different and should be examined closely as they are (rightfully so).

Retired Tampa Police Capt shoots man over texting and subsequent argument in a movie theater.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/10...ting-case.html

Loud music in a Stop N Rob parking lot leads man to fire into a vehicle.....................

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/u...pute.html?_r=0
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    He DID call 911, he was NOT a wanna be cop, he was NOT a self appointed neighborhood watch captain but elected desperately by his own burglarized neighbors, and I could care less the size of his manhood. What I DO care about is that too many just dismiss his plight as, "an idiot gets what an idiot deserves" rather than truly being aware of the path and precedent it has set for this country.
    I am well aware of the shortcomings of our current media pool. What happened to Zimmerman was a direct result of his actions. If by 'railroading' you mean treated somewhat less fairly than somebody in his position deserved, I would agree with reservations. If, instead you mean to imply he was merely a a fall guy of sorts... we will have to disagree.

That's putting it as nicely as can be done.
    Last edited by coolgunguy; 05-18-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    George Carlin

Sorry I meant called 911 and then waited for the LEOs to arrive and handle it. He called 911 and he then incited a confrontation with a thug by getting out of the car and following him around instead of watching and waiting. The ONE thing I'm grateful for and the best precedent set, was that FL law worked and was applied exactly as intended. GZ broke off the confrontation but TM did not and then he became the aggressor which led to his legal demise. But none of this would have happened if George had reported what he saw, stayed in his car, and let a cop handle it from there which is all a neighborhood watch is supposed to do.

And all the legal issues GZ has had since the incident are all on him. Hey I feel bad for the guy and I'm sure his intentions were based on wanting to help his community and I know the media gave him a raw deal. Still this was all self imposed...
    Last edited by Wambli Ska; 05-18-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

He DID call 911, he was NOT a wanna be cop, he was NOT a self appointed neighborhood watch captain but elected desperately by his own burglarized neighbors ...

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    I am well aware of the shortcomings of our current media pool. What happened to Zimmerman was a direct result of his actions. If by 'railroading' you mean treated somewhat less fairly than somebody in his position deserved, I would agree with reservations. If, instead you mean to imply he was merely a a fall guy of sorts... we will have to disagree.

I have to disagree.

What happened to George Zimmerman was a result of an immensely magnified fiction that could happen to anyone to defends himself from a lookalike of Barack Obama's non-existent son.

We'd like to think we could have played it better, but when the media edit the 9-11 tapes to show that the only thing you notice about Travon Martin is that "he's Black" and when the President of the United States makes it about race, it is no longer about what actually happened.

Once racial politics turned the mixed-race, partially Black Zimmerman into a "White Hispanic", it most certainly was about making him a fall guy.