Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks coming to the 2017 shoot at Jerry's...

Re: Folks coming to the 2017 shoot at Jerry's...

And expect to bring more than gets shot. If I had to guess, at LEAST half of the firearms brought every year never get fired, or get shot VERY little.

Last few I can think of that were super popular, TennMike's (now defunct ) 50 BMG bolt action, BigAl's M1941 Johnson (His brother in laws ) and my 50 Beowulf normally comes home with quite a few more empties than loaded rounds.

Wambli's 329 also got shot QUITE a bit last year.

Basically, if it's not common, LOUD, or kicks hard, folks will probably gravitate to it. (Ask JBOhio about me and his 300 RUM )

My 6.5 Grendel 799 was fairly popular with some of the new shooters last year too.
    Last edited by knitepoet; 02-24-2017 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Yes, I'll bring the custom Tikka .243 and a couple others to shoot. Thanks for low down!
    Double ration of Port for that man. I would love to see it in the flesh so to speak. It may give me a few ideas for my next rifle.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Outstanding, I'm really going to try to make this work!

Questions since I've never been to this event. What kind of guns should I bring? Are there competitions or gun fun shoots? Help me out here folks!
    I do A LOT more talking and catching up than shooting. As Paul said the 329 got a lot of attention last year and the SBR has been a previous favorite of a few. If it's pretty, cool or weird someone will want to shoot it. I'm bringing my new Calebib built 629 this year to just carry on my belt all day.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    I dont joke about things like that. Last time I traded one I had to throw a house in to 'sweeten' the deal........
    Looks like I will get to keep the house, and of all things the Mini van...
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    Last time I traded one I had to throw a house in to 'sweeten' the deal........

Lewis Grizzard once said, "Instead of ever getting married again, every few years I'll just find a woman that I don't like and buy her a house."
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    I would drop trou too, and because I am a caring person I would've given that young man a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    And expect to bring more than gets shot. If I had to guess, at LEAST half of the firearms brought every year never get fired, or get shot VERY little.

Last few I can think of that were super popular, TennMike's (now defunct ) 50 BMG bolt action, BigAl's M1941 Johnson (His brother in laws ) and my 50 Beowulf normally comes home with quite a few more empties than loaded rounds.

Wambli's 329 also got shot QUITE a bit last year.

Basically, if it's not common, LOUD, or kicks hard, folks will probably gravitate to it. (Ask JBOhio about me and his 300 RUM )

My 6.5 Grendel 799 was fairly popular with some of the new shooters last year too.
    I'll be bringing the .50 BMG rifle this year. I wanted to have the AR 15 upper in .50 BMG by then, but the cataract surgery on both eyes will blow the gun fund and leave me financially embarrassed.

I WILL be bringing a couple or three of the ARs (22.LR, .223, and 7.62x39) with the lowers made from the 80% kits. And a bunch of .22 LR rifles and one .22 WMR lever rifle(Henry). And the .22 WMR semiauto pistol.
    Know the truth, for the truth will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    I'll be bringing the .50 BMG rifle this year. I wanted to have the AR 15 upper in .50 BMG by then, but the cataract surgery on both eyes will blow the gun fund and leave me financially embarrassed.

I WILL be bringing a couple or three of the ARs (22.LR, .223, and 7.62x39) with the lowers made from the 80% kits. And a bunch of .22 LR rifles and one .22 WMR lever rifle(Henry). And the .22 WMR semiauto pistol.
    An AR based 50 is much more important than being able to see. We all voted, and we say ditch the surgery, buy the gun.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

If you get cataract surgery you can see CPJ in all of his glory. If you don't, you can't.
    Overkill is underrated.

.22 WMR semiauto pistol sounds very interesting
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

So are we close enough to start talking about what we're bringing firearm wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    I would drop trou too, and because I am a caring person I would've given that young man a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    So are we close enough to start talking about what we're bringing firearm wise? Because I'm bringing my Mossberg bolt guns for Chris to shoot.
    I think you just started that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    I think you just started that conversation.
    So far I got the new .22, the SBR and Calebib's Mountain Gun. Anything else?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    So far I got the new .22, the SBR and Calebib's Mountain Gun. Anything else?
    All you need to bring are those luscious Puerto Rican lips so I can smooch them!

All you need to bring are those luscious Puerto Rican lips so I can smooch them!
    I'd prefer Wambli bring a big Puerto Rican baseball bat, so you could smooch that.

Pics, of course.....

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Linefinder View Post
    I'd prefer Wambli bring a big Puerto Rican baseball bat, so you could smooch that.

Pics, of course.....

Mike
    You

You're not speaking in euphemisms, right?

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    If you get cataract surgery you can see CPJ in all of his glory. If you don't, you can't.
    Thanks for the reminder I'll double up on the #12 shade lenses in my welding helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    .22 WMR semiauto pistol sounds very interesting
    30 round magazines.

You

You're not speaking in euphemisms, right?
    No. I suspected I'd have to clarify that for you, but was hoping against hope that I wouldn't. To be clear, I meant a real baseball bat....one that Wambli could throw into a river when he was through with it.

Mike
    KSU Firefighter

Bring whatever you want! But aren't you the one with the custom Tikka .243? If so, bring that.
    No real competition, other than the Marshal Dan shoot. It amounts to the best three shot group at whatever distance, typically the farthest we can get. We've tried other competitions, it's not worth it. They either get stupid complicated, and honestly we don't have time for a bunch of formal crap. Just be safe, and shoot. There's a lot of shooting going on, and twice that amount of bull shootin. And eating. Lots of eating.
    The one I made was more about BS and commradity and oh yeah Show and Tell. The shooting was purely fun. Especially Tennmike's cannon. I would have never believed until I experienced a 50 Browning could actually be pleasant to shoot off the shoulder. That alone was worth the trip. And I busted my share of Tannerite with it too!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Linefinder View Post
    No. I suspected I'd have to clarify that for you, but was hoping against hope that I wouldn't. To be clear, I meant a real baseball bat....one that Wambli could throw into a river when he was through with it.

Mike
    I had to ask. I mean, fool me once.

As for making this shoot, I really wanted to, but I have one pressing matter that may have me on the other side of the world at that time, unless Immigration pulls a rabbit out of the hat and actually gets her here before Mem. Day. Then I'm bringing her AND her kids. I would love to introduce them all to a bit of Americana.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

30 round magazines.
    My buddy has that one...it is addictive!
    Support your local Scouts!

[QUOTE=tennmike;638932]I'll be bringing the .50 BMG rifle this year. I wanted to have the AR 15 upper in .50 BMG by then, but the cataract surgery on both eyes will blow the gun fund and leave me financially embarrassed.

Hey, that's my favorite Phrase!!! Well let's just say it fits my situation most times.

I had to ask. I mean, fool me once.
    Lol. Can't get one up on you.........
    KSU Firefighter

You really don't go to Jerry's for the shooting do 'ya...

You and he and Klinger, too
    "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event." -----SECDEF

Yeah... so THAT'S not happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Yeah... so THAT'S not happening....
    You KNOW that you just threw down the challenge, right? Now he's gotta do it!

You KNOW that you just threw down the challenge, right? Now he's gotta do it!
    I have got to get there one of these years...y'all sound almost as bad as my old construction crew with creating trouble...
    Support your local Scouts!

I'm wearing blinders and dark glasses
    "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event." -----SECDEF