Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42

Thread: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

  1. #1
    Member Hondo341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    424

    Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Well, either him or his son is due. And we need a write-up for the weekend.

    We live vicariously thru yoo


    In the name of science of course!!!
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Probably not this weekend. Maybe next week.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  3. #3
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    8,044

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    I thought your hunting seasons were over? Can you cull deer on private property? Of course, hogs are still on the table.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big Al1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Panama City, Fl.
    Posts
    5,651

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Repost your trigger toe video, that should keep him entertained!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    I thought your hunting seasons were over? Can you cull deer on private property? Of course, hogs are still on the table.
    General Season and Spike/Doe Season are over. If a land owner has applied for and received MLD Tags (Managed Land Deer Tags) from Texas Parks & Wildlife, they are allowed to utilize those tags until the end of February. The hunter only need have a valid hunting license. The land owner tags the deer with one of the issued MLD Tags.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  6. #6
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    8,044

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    General Season and Spike/Doe Season are over. If a land owner has applied for and received MLD Tags (Managed Land Deer Tags) from Texas Parks & Wildlife, they are allowed to utilize those tags until the end of February. The hunter only need have a valid hunting license. The land owner tags the deer with one of the issued MLD Tags.
    Dang, that is a lot of hunting, big game firearms are pretty much 6 weeks only in MN, including the muzzle loader season, bow is pretty liberal till the end of the year.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  7. #7
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    I'm still waiting on the green light from the farmers to get back after the pigs. They are about to plant and then it will be game on.

    Though, my freezer is pretty much full. I have room for one more deer currently.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  8. #8
    Senior Member CHIRO1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    8,044

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Carry on
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

  9. #9
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    Dang, that is a lot of hunting, big game firearms are pretty much 6 weeks only in MN, including the muzzle loader season, bow is pretty liberal till the end of the year.
    If one has access to land with MLD Tags, firearms season conceviebaly runs from the first of October until the end of February.

    The land owner has to do population surveys, range evaluations, and work with a state biologist to determine how many deer the property can support. Then, request the appropriate amount of MLD Tags to maintain that population. In the end, the land owner is not required to utilize all of the tags issued. But, he cannot take more than issued.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  10. #10
    Member Hondo341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    424

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Ok I'll bite. What is a trigger toe?
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,885

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I'm still waiting on the green light from the farmers to get back after the pigs. They are about to plant and then it will be game on.

    Though, my freezer is pretty much full. I have room for one more deer currently.
    You expecting to feed friends with the resulting pork chops, or cull in name of ballistic science?
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

  12. #12
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    You expecting to feed friends with the resulting pork chops, or cull in name of ballistic science?
    Yes.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  13. #13
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo341 View Post
    Ok I'll bite. What is a trigger toe?
    I don't remember if it was a dare or bet or what. But, somehow I ended shooting my .308 at 300 and 600 yards by pulling the trigger with my toe. I was a limber sort of lad. Not as limber now. Though, I think I could still pull it off. Albeit, not as comfortably.

    http://s26.photobucket.com/user/lovi...zv4rj.mp4.html
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  14. #14
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,399

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    I seem to recall it was a bet, in the form of, "I bet you can't..." but it's been so long I'm not positive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dellrose TN
    Posts
    16,188

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Forum mail-in shooting match. Dan J. was not impressed with that young whippersnapper who did oddball things like setting his jacket on fire by shooting from a pocket, shooting with his toes, etc.! He just barely tolerated a furriner who shot a target at night that resembled the glowing eyes of a possum up a tree!

    Jerry
    The masochist says "HIT ME! The sadist says "NO!"
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

  16. #16
    Member Hondo341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    424

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    This is killing me now. Photobucket is being a pain.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I don't remember if it was a dare or bet or what. But, somehow I ended shooting my .308 at 300 and 600 yards by pulling the trigger with my toe. I was a limber sort of lad. Not as limber now. Though, I think I could still pull it off. Albeit, not as comfortably.

    http://s26.photobucket.com/user/lovi...zv4rj.mp4.html
    You put it up in one of the forum shooting challenges we did years ago. It was disqualified due to being one round fired instead of a 3 or 5 round group....

  18. #18
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Well, look at the brain on Brad!!!

    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  19. #19
    Senior Member Six-Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southwest OH
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    For the record, when I was in college, the phrase "goin' hoggin" had a waaaaaaaay different meaning...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,273

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Six-Gun View Post
    For the record, when I was in college, the phrase "goin' hoggin" had a waaaaaaaay different meaning...
    What did it mean Hogger?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

  21. #21
    Senior Member Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dellrose TN
    Posts
    16,188

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    "Pig Party!"

    Jerry
    The masochist says "HIT ME! The sadist says "NO!"
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

  22. #22
    Senior Member knitepoet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,399

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Boy Deuce View Post
    What did it mean Hogger?
    Fat girls need lovin' too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Six-Gun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southwest OH
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    "Pig Party!"

    Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by knitepoet View Post
    Fat girls need lovin' too
    Yeeeeeup.
    Last edited by Six-Gun; 02-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

  24. #24
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    32,425

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    You put it up in one of the forum shooting challenges we did years ago. It was disqualified due to being one round fired instead of a 3 or 5 round group....
    Don't think so. Iirc it was a "bet" with the guy who was out on the west coast, Oregon I think. Damned if I can remember his name. He was making a wooden boat, had a smal Diesel engine. He ended up having a brother that disappeared or something and he went to look for him.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Don't think so. Iirc it was a "bet" with the guy who was out on the west coast, Oregon I think. Damned if I can remember his name. He was making a wooden boat, had a smal Diesel engine. He ended up having a brother that disappeared or something and he went to look for him.
    No. Jay is correct.

    The bet with "Roundnose" was a 5 position shoot at 400 yards.

    Standing
    Kneeling
    Sitting
    Prone
    Side Prone

    All in one minute. Tightest group wins.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  26. #26
    Senior Member cpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MOzambique
    Posts
    32,425

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    No. Jay is correct.

    The bet with "Roundnose" was a 5 position shoot at 400 yards.

    Standing
    Kneeling
    Sitting
    Prone
    Side Prone

    All in one minute. Tightest group wins.
    I think you're wrong. Once the achieves are restored we will know for sure.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

  27. #27
    Senior Member Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    I know the toe shot was entered in the forum contest. Distinctly remember it because it was disqualified due to it being one round fired. Rule was 3 or 5 shot group in the contest.

    When the archives come back, I'll light my shirt on fire with a ported glock if I'm wrong....

  28. #28
    Senior Member Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    We should do another of those shoots again when it warms up in other parts of the country. Get people out having fun.

  29. #29
    Senior Member Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,222

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    When the archives come back, I'll light my shirt on fire with a ported glock if I'm wrong....
    I bet $20 you won't.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

  30. #30
    Senior Member orchidman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    A true 'Southerner'. NZ
    Posts
    6,735

    Re: Zee Needs To Shoot Something

    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Forum mail-in shooting match. Dan J. was not impressed with that young whippersnapper who did oddball things like setting his jacket on fire by shooting from a pocket, shooting with his toes, etc.! He just barely tolerated a furriner who shot a target at night that resembled the glowing eyes of a possum up a tree!

    Jerry
    Still have the target.

    5 shots at 50 metres at night while sitting on the quad bike ( which was idling out of gear) unsupported. Norinco JW15 .22 with a barrel mounted spotlight.



    Won a Winchester range bag which I use every time I head to the range. Scott Mayer was kind enough to spend the extra and send it over by mail. It is something I will treasure till the day I pass on.

    I think I came third. Someone with a 'Charger' .22 won, not sure who came second.

    And yes, the 'Toe' shoot was part of the same competition.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •