Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aint lost a pound

Re: Aint lost a pound

Good job BigAl. That is quite an accomplishment. Me? Down 2 more. 4 total since Saturday's official weigh in.
    Вернём Америке былое величие

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    197 yesterday, fit into size 34 shorts, comfortably, down from 45". First time under 200 in about 25 years!!
    Amazing, Al! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    This morning I was under 255 (254.?) which is where the old one put me, on and off (which means I have dropped a couple), so we will give this scale a little time to get a baseline. I dont care if it is off a couple either, but the old one was different minute to minute.
    Good investment on the new scale. That kind of erratic measurement would've been frustrating and a motivation killer for me.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Thanks for all the great comments! It's been a two year process so far! Nothing instant! Two to four pounds a month. Never thought that at my age (68ish) I could accomplish something like this, so don't give up on yourself! Going to a nutritionist once a month helps, he's a good cheerleader!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    Thanks for all the great comments! It's been a two year process so far! Nothing instant! Two to four pounds a month. Never thought that at my age (68ish) I could accomplish something like this, so don't give up on yourself! Going to a nutritionist once a month helps, he's a good cheerleader!
    Looking back-- I was 40 pounds heavier at last year's SE Shoot. I have gained some and lost some since then, but the average is somewhere around 3-4 pounds a month. It took me over 20 years to put all that weight on, so I don't expect to lose it all overnight either. Being persistent is what has been paying off. Everything that I have heard/read says that a slow and steady weight loss is the key to keeping the pounds off permanently so I think I am on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    Looking back-- I was 40 pounds heavier at last year's SE Shoot. I have gained some and lost some since then, but the average is somewhere around 3-4 pounds a month. It took me over 20 years to put all that weight on, so I don't expect to lose it all overnight either. Being persistent is what has been paying off. Everything that I have heard/read says that a slow and steady weight loss is the key to keeping the pounds off permanently so I think I am on the right track.
    My theory is when you are losing it slow, you are losing it right. You know, the proven weight loss program. Eat right, eat less, get off your ass and move. That method isn't fast. It's slow and steady. When you stick with that, it becomes a habit. When you do some weird ass Hollywood hotdog and bean sprout crash diet, you can lose weight fast. But you're not going to continue to eat hot dogs and bean sprouts....
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Oh yea-- When I first started, it was because of diabetes. Being a fat ass is one thing. Being a fat ass going blind with an amputated leg is another. To manage that, I was forced to go low carb. A pleasant side effect was weight loss. A side effect of weight loss is that it can reverse diabetes. Diabetes is no longer an issue for me but my diet has changed for the better by eliminating a large part of the starches and sugars that I was consuming before. Some I miss and still eat on occasion. Others-- for example, eating sandwiches made with bread, I don't miss at all anymore.

Saturday is my weigh in morning and I was up 1. Today I am blowing my diet but next week I will start again and see if I can get back on track. Today I am rebelling.

I am down 2 more from last Saturday. Keep at it. Like I was kind of saying earlier-- week to week isn't going to show much, but slowly and surely, looking back through the months, those little tiny losses are going to add up. The good thing about losing slowly is that it tends to stay off easier.

Oh yea-- When I first started, it was because of diabetes. Being a fat ass is one thing. Being a fat ass going blind with an amputated leg is another. To manage that, I was forced to go low carb. A pleasant side effect was weight loss. A side effect of weight loss is that it can reverse diabetes. Diabetes is no longer an issue for me but my diet has changed for the better by eliminating a large part of the starches and sugars that I was consuming before. Some I miss and still eat on occasion. Others-- for example, eating sandwiches made with bread, I don't miss at all anymore.
    Get down low enough bread on a sandwich is not a problem anymore.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Get down low enough bread on a sandwich is not a problem anymore.
    It really isn't anymore, but it is one of those things that helped get me fat to begin with. And if I am going to ration out my calories, I would rather spend them on an extra slice of ham or an apple rather than that piece of bread.

Ok, we have a trend.

252.2 this AM. That means if the other scale was right and I avg the values from it I am down around 5. Of course, if I drink 4 glasses of water today, the gain will disappear. Still have to get to the docs to let him read the tea leaves from the blood work, but something is happening.

Next milestone, 249.9. I was under 250 a few years ago, when I was splitting my 9-15 cord of wood a year with a maul.
    Last edited by Varmintmist; 03-17-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

I lost 10# since last Saturday, I am under #200 and moved a notch on my belt, if you want to lose weight, influenza is your ticket.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    I lost 10# since last Saturday, I am under #200 and moved a notch on my belt, if you want to lose weight, influenza is your ticket.
    Just keep up with the dysentery schedule and you will be down a lot in no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    A colonoscopy is a great way to loose a few pounds quick too...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

After today's giant plate of fried and burger, I'm not helping myself. But, it's a 3 hour drive to this town where I work 4 times a year. I will eat at this burger joint. Diet be damned. Good burgers, and the owner is my new wife, she just doesn't know it yet.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

That word actually works on this occasion.

I had a bout of Bronchitis last month...I was a little shocked at the weigh in...237...went back yesterday and in a month I am down to 227...attributed to going on a low(er)carb diet..foucusing mainly on removing bread and refined sugars from out diet....we'll see if it continues...I'd love to see 200 again...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

LOL, you don't even have to get the colo. Just do the pre-op routine and you're good to "go."
    I DISLIKED COMMUNISTS BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

The guy that named this stuff: really has a sense of humor!!

That word actually works on this occasion.
    Man I have a thing with misspelling that word... still as you said it works

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    After today's giant plate of fried and burger, I'm not helping myself. But, it's a 3 hour drive to this town where I work 4 times a year. I will eat at this burger joint. Diet be damned. Good burgers, and the owner is my new wife, she just doesn't know it yet.
    Pics.

Back on topic, I realize you guys are all serious about losing weight, but have you even tried cinnamon rolls? Screw that, I'll be fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Back on topic, I realize you guys are all serious about losing weight, but have you even tried cinnamon rolls? Screw that, I'll be fat.
    Speaking of cinnamon rolls.....I discovered a strange thing while living in KS.....cinnamon rolls and chili is a thing....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Lost 3 more this week and I am getting into the swing of things better, I started on the treadmill again too, not just to lose weight but I was working outside Sunday and noticed how much I was out of shape so for that and my heart I am back at it. If I keep this up I might be able to fit into my pink eer shrimp colored shirt for the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    My wife makes cinnamon rolls that put Cinnabon to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    I had a bout of Bronchitis last month...I was a little shocked at the weigh in...237...went back yesterday and in a month I am down to 227...attributed to going on a low(er)carb diet..foucusing mainly on removing bread and refined sugars from out diet....we'll see if it continues...I'd love to see 200 again...
    Try honey. Natural sugar, much more healthy than that refined bleached stuff.

Your body processes it better. Ergo, less weight gain.

3 to 10 pounds can be attributed to water loss, short term.

Keep taking the magnesium, to lower the onset of cramps and muscle spasms.

I also find a small vitamin regimen helps reduce the appetite. When you get hungry,

first time of the day, have your vitamins, with a 16 ounce glass of water.
    Last edited by therewolf; 03-26-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kansashunter View Post
    Lost 3 more this week and I am getting into the swing of things better, I started on the treadmill again too, not just to lose weight but I was working outside Sunday and noticed how much I was out of shape so for that and my heart I am back at it.
    I have jumped back into doing actual physical work again with my latest science project. I have been the sales/concept/check writing guy for so long, it is kind of nice to be able to climb up and down a ladder 20 times, run some wire, beat on crap with a hammer, and plumb stuff. I have been stuck to a keyboard for too long!

My official Saturday weigh in was 319. Goal is to hit 300 before the SE Shoot. I am losing, but slowly. I guess I can't complain about that.

Oh, and if you like splitting wood? I bought one of these for my camp up north. I was debating a log splitter or something I could run with my excavator or skid steer. Meh. This is all you will ever need. I can split the crap out of anything with this. A powered splitter isn't worth the bother and I am lazy. There is a reason why it gets 5 stars with 217 ratings on Amazon. It works freaking awesome!
    https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Iso-Core-Maul-Inch/dp/B014M9LQGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490516364&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=fiskars+maul&psc=1

Last edited by Jermanator; 03-26-2017 at 09:26 AM.

A standard 8lb maul is half the price of a Fiskers and will do the job just as well.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-l...4208/204168125

I have been separating wood for a lot of years and found that the gimmicks are just gimmicks.

249.6 This AM

Talked to the docs receptionist making a appt yesterday and the A1c is down .3, the glucose is down, cholesterol is 212 no statins for 6 months and if I keep it under 250 I wont be going back on them, bp as of this min 115/82 63 HR