Thread: Bank of Canada urges people not to "Spock" their $5 note...

Bank of Canada urges people not to "Spock" their $5 note...

Now this makes me laugh... lovin it!

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/b...g_their_fivers

Bank of Canada is pleading with Star Trek fans to stop “Spocking” its five dollar bills. Since Leonard Nimoy’s death, Canadian folks have been “Spocking” the hell out of the five dollar bill that features a portrait of Canada’s seventh prime minister Sir Wilfrid Laurier.

Sir Wilfrid now sports, on certain bills at least, pointy ears, the signature Vulcan haircut and eyebrows and Spock’s mantra “Live long and prosper.”

According to Bank of Canada it’s not illegal to do this but:

“...However, there are important reasons why it should not be done. Writing on a bank note may interfere with the security features and reduces its lifespan. Markings on a note may also prevent it from being accepted in a transaction. Furthermore, the Bank of Canada feels that writing and markings on bank notes are inappropriate as they are a symbol of our country and a source of national pride.”

I say Spock the hell out of ‘em if it ain’t illegal. Sir Wilfrid Laurier’s face wasn’t that interesting, anyway. In fact, let’s just make this a permanent improvement to the Canadian five dollar bill.

What is should look like...

What people are doing to it....

Apparently they are also "Snape" ing it as well...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Re: Bank of Canada urges people not to "Spock" their $5 note...

Gotta have something to do during the nine month winter.

The Canadian government should petition Tim Hortons to stop accepting the defaced bills. That will bring this mayhem to a screeching halt.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event."

Banned

Am I the only one that thinks Jackson on the $20 looks like Henry Winkler???

The Snaped 5 made me raff...