Thread: Ford escape Looking used

Ford escape Looking used

Any info on high mileage 100-125K Escapes? I cant find any glaring problems on the interweb, so I figured I would tap the knowledge base here.

Yep, kid 3 is on her permit.... shudder. She at least thought about what she wanted to drive and looked at some. A Escape older than 08 with 100K is in the budget, so we will try to run with it.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

I put 12k+ miles in 2 months on my '06 with zero problems. It had 136k miles on it when it got totaled last fall and when rear ended by a Semi my girlfriend and I ended up with a total of two concussions and a broken arm. Reliability wise I did have some transmission issues (torque converter went out) at like 80k.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Banned

Re: Ford escape Looking used

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Any info on high mileage 100-125K Escapes? I cant find any glaring problems on the interweb, so I figured I would tap the knowledge base here.

Yep, kid 3 is on her permit.... shudder. She at least thought about what she wanted to drive and looked at some. A Escape older than 08 with 100K is in the budget, so we will try to run with it.
    The V6 leaks oil from the timing cover and valve covers like nobodies business.

I put 185k miles on a 03 v6 escape. Other than cruise control cable replaced 2-3x it was VERY trouble free. I loved that car. Only traded it because it had a major power steering fluid leak and I wasn't going to put any $ in a vehicle with that many miles.

I traded for an 05 I4 escape. Still no problems but it is bad underpowered compared to the v6. It has has 150+k miles on it now, 76k when I got it. I'd get another v6 escape if my wife's dealership would trade for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    I put 185k miles on a 03 v6 escape. Other than cruise control cable replaced 2-3x it was VERY trouble free. I loved that car. Only traded it because it had a major power steering fluid leak and I wasn't going to put any $ in a vehicle with that many miles.

I traded for an 05 I4 escape. Still no problems but it is bad underpowered compared to the v6. It has has 150+k miles on it now, 76k when I got it. I'd get another v6 escape if my wife's dealership would trade for 1.
    Good point about underpowered. My 4 cyl was quite sluggish, but then again for a teenager that could actually be a good thing...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Mrs. Cgg loves her 2012. I'll say this, the V6 in ours surprised the heck out of me.

Other than an A/C issue that should be warrantied (long story I shared before) If has been trouble free.
    Tim Mason

I just traded my '11 V6 with 158k miles. The only problem I had was the blue tooth stopped connecting to smart phones. Everything else worked flawlessly. I did perform the routine maintenance religiously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

I have over 225,000 miles on my 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. I bought it new in 2007. Besides the peeling paint and dings it runs perfectly.

I have a friend who has a 2010 Escape with about 100,000 and it runs rough. But he also uses it as his backwoods vehicle.

If they are maintained well, they'll last a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.