Thread: Interesting picture from yesterday's turkey hunt

Interesting picture from yesterday's turkey hunt

Probably not what you thought. Yesterday morning was very foggy. The birds stayed on roost an additional 45 min from when they were usually flying down. I went to pick my slate call up to use and when I removed the peg you could see how much moisture was in the air from the fog. I just thought it made a really cool picture!

Banned

Re: Interesting picture from yesterday's turkey hunt

That's the beauty of hunting and fishing or just general outings into America's outdoors. It's the little hidden details we take the time to see that make it so worthwhile.

Texas is a beautiful state, but I do not not miss the mugginess that comes through on some of those mornings. Your pic captures how wet it can get perfectly.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Gun View Post
    Texas is a beautiful state, but I do not not miss the mugginess that comes through on some of those mornings. Your pic captures how wet it can get perfectly.
    Yeah, but when it's minus 20 and you're stove up in the house, I'm probably out in the deer blind and maybe even sweating a little, slapping skeeters and gnats,

Last edited by snake284; 04-22-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

However, we're also famous for some beautiful fall days where the temperature is in the 40s and not a cloud in the sky. That's when it's "Great to be a Texan!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Gun View Post
    Actually in my neck of the woods in N Central Texas we're very dry usually running 30 to 35% humidity. But like all places we have fronts move through and rains which will make it humid for a day or so. Now if you want a taste of pure misery on earth travel down to Houston in the summer time. We refer to Houston as Baghdad on Bayou! I don't think there's a more humid place in Texas! I'll take my 105 to 107 degree dry 35% humidity days in the summery over their 90 degrees and 400% humidity any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Actually in my neck of the woods in N Central Texas we're very dry usually running 30 to 35% humidity. But like all places we have fronts move through and rains which will make it humid for a day or so. Now if you want a taste of pure misery on earth travel down to Houston in the summer time. We refer to Houston as Baghdad on Bayou! I don't think there's a more humid place in Texas! I'll take my 105 to 107 degree dry 35% humidity days in the summery over their 90 degrees and 400% humidity any day of the week!
    I came close, in suffering through Summer in San Antonio's humidity while in navigator school at Randolph AFB. That area is just awful during that time of year.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.