Thread: Looking to Downsize (Somewhat)

Looking to Downsize (Somewhat)

Love my G17 gen 4. Have been carrying it everyday for two years. Lately I think i might like a bit more conceal ability . My wife has a Glock G26 gen 3. Her arthritis keeps her from carrying it or even wanting to shoot it...So i will sgtart carrying it. I ordered a pair pf Magpul Pmag 12(12 rounders with an extended baseplate). Have been dry fire practicing with them and they are very LIKABLE ! So now I have a spot for my Pinky, with the G26. Hopefully next wek I'll get to a range where they don't have a COW when you shot JHP. If they cycle both range and my SD ammo. I'll start upgrading the sights and getting a decent Holster for it (First choice is a friend who expects to start bending Kydex again soon, or if he doesn't by summer I like Tulster Holster and Knightfall Holster products. I also want to eithe use XS Big Dot Sights or the New Mepro (Mako) FT Bullseye Sights.Pmag12-2a.jpgPmag12-3a.jpg

Re: Looking to Downsize (Somewhat)

Sounds good
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Sounds like you have a plan. Sometimes I go small for my carry gun, depending on dress and where I am going.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

Talk to Eli, he will help you get that G17 into whatever dimensions you prefer.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Good plan. I'm a 1911 guy and I have all sizes I'm interest in CCing. The ones that see the most carry use are my Detonics Combatmaster and Kimber UltraCarry, mostly because of size. The Commander and Government sized mostly make it out during winter even though the Commander is by far my favorite size of 1911.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Sounds like a good plan. Now what are you getting to replace the G26 for the wife?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

G17 mags work in a G26. And if you're creative you can cover part of the mag hanging out to make something 'grippy' for your pinky finger to hang on to while shooting. Paracord, dipping plastic, and even wood come to mind.
    "Tyranny is wonderfully ingenious in the art of inventing specious phrases to spread over its nefarious designs." From the book Tyranny Unmasked by John Taylor of Caloline County, VA. 1821

I don't like Glocks, if you can make it work good for Ya!!

Hickock 45 makes a point that he doesn't use the pinky finger grip. I do fine without it, but my practice range with a CC gun is short. I've never thought a CC weapon should substitute stability for speed, but I've never had to use a CC weapon in dire straits. Speed does the job at bad-breath range.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Hickock 45 makes a point that he doesn't use the pinky finger grip. I do fine without it, but my practice range with a CC gun is short. I've never thought a CC weapon should substitute stability for speed, but I've never had to use a CC weapon in dire straits. Speed does the job at bad-breath range.
    Watch Hickock 45 all the time.

I had not heard of those FT Bullseye Sights. I'm intrigued.
    Last edited by TrueTone911; 04-22-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Will Rogers