Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly History

There were transcripts of recordings available of his unsolicited phone sex towards a former coworker. These transcripts were filed in court in one of the lawsuits he payed a big settlement for. The actual tapes were never released, because of the settlement, but again lots of smoke. For those interested in reading...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/or...s-five?page=15

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Re: O'Reilly History

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Slick Willy was impeached. He was excoriated when it happened, and JFK's sex life was off-limits to reporters by consent. So was Eisenhower's. So was Warren G. Harding's and so was Lyndon Johnson's. Tricky Richard opened the season on presidents' personal lives.

Not seeing the evidence for and against O'Reilly, I couldn't say there was no proof. Someone thought there was enough proof to pay out $13M and for Fox to fire O'Reilly, who had the most popular show in News.
    O'Reilly got $25 M. But that's still no grounds to say he's guilty of anything. This was 21st Century Fox, the parent company paying out the money both ways. $38 m is nothing to them. They just wanted to shut it down.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Slick Willy was impeached. He was excoriated when it happened, and JFK's sex life was off-limits to reporters by consent. So was Eisenhower's. So was Warren G. Harding's and so was Lyndon Johnson's. Tricky Richard opened the season on presidents' personal lives.

Not seeing the evidence for and against O'Reilly, I couldn't say there was no proof. Someone thought there was enough proof to pay out $13M and for Fox to fire O'Reilly, who had the most popular show in News.
    I must have missed something.

What did Watergate have to do with Nixon's personal life?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

A "loser pays" law would halt 98% of these cases, because there would be no free lunch for the accuser and the attys.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Nixon lied and supported nefarious causes. I think that speaks a weakness in his personal life, which didn't include trips to women. Before Nixon, the Presidency was not subjected to the skepticism it is today. Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower all had personal lives that were not above reproach but the press pretty much left them be. Johnson is reputed to have displayed his penis to a reporter, yet nothing was said in the press about this. As far as sex-life goes, Nixon so far as we know was chaste.

It wasn't until Clinton's escapades that a president's sexual life became news while the president was alive.

O'Reilly, of course, is not a president. Is it news? Yes. Is Bill Cosby's life with multiple accusations news? You bet. I would be there's no absolute proof Cosby drugged and raped women, but the multiple accusations lend kind of an authenticity to the alleged victims. Not saying O'Reilly is accused of raping anyone, but nowadays an action or a remark that 20 years ago would have been dismissed is an offense, especially with someone as prominent as O'Reilly.

Such remarks or patterns of behavior, if not provable can get you fired in any job today. I know about it from those who have had to write reports and defend their actions. One instance can probably get you looked at but not affecting your job, but if there's a witness or several reports of sexual or racial remarks that show a pattern will very likely get you fired.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    And of course those innocent sweet babes were totally without fault.
    Of course since you (and no one here )don't know the facts you're talking out of your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Interesting read from The National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ampaign=buffer
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

Interesting read from The National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ampaign=buffer
    Who wrote this? That commentary seemed like something from a Brady Bunch episode "Time and again prominent conservative personalities have failed to uphold basic standards of morality. . ." Everyone has dirt on them, everyone.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 - WOW! View Post
    Who wrote this?
    David French.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/author/david-french

The author's name is at the top of the page.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

The author's name is at the top of the page.
    Ha! Yeah, I know. I was being a little bit facetious. Anyway, regarding O'Reilly and the article, it just amazes me how some try to paint all conservatives as god fearing church folk who supposedly hold themselves to high moral and ethical standards and then act completely shocked when they find that someone such as O'Reilly actually likes women and beer and, on occasion, gets a bit wild and treats some of his female "companions" in a manner comparable to a college frat house party. The "victim" mentality these women are accusing him with is laughable. I'm willing to bet that his "victims" were willing participants in whatever game that was being played and when caught with their hand in the cookie jar instantly scream sexual assault and $$$$ signs. I do agree that O'Reilly is a dumbass for putting himself in that situation but hey, when some smokin' hot gal is flaunting her goods he's human like the rest of us. Ha!

Ha! Yeah, I know. I was being a little bit facetious. Anyway, regarding O'Reilly and the article, it just amazes me how some try to paint all conservatives as god fearing church folk who supposedly hold themselves to high moral and ethical standards and then act completely shocked when they find that someone such as O'Reilly actually likes women and beer and, on occasion, gets a bit wild and treats some of his female "companions" in a manner comparable to a college frat house party. The "victim" mentality these women are accusing him with is laughable. I'm willing to bet that his "victims" were willing participants in whatever game that was being played and when caught with their hand in the cookie jar instantly scream sexual assault and $$$$ signs. I do agree that O'Reilly is a dumbass for putting himself in that situation but hey, when some smokin' hot gal is flaunting her goods he's human like the rest of us. Ha!
    Or maybe he's just rich and powerful and like our esteemed CIC believes that gives him the right to literally or figuratively "grab them by the ".

I've seen that sort of attitude in practice more than a handful of times among older well off men. They came up in different times when women in the workplace had fewer rights and openly objectifying women was considered normal behavior or "just good fun". The "old boys club" is a legit thing and still exists to some degree in certain areas of the economy. Let's just say I feel very sorry for any woman who works in the oil and gas industry...

"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

This blame the woman sounds like Islam, where a woman can be stoned for not fighting a rapist hard enough.

Blaming the woman reveals more about the blamer than it does about the woman. You've drawn a picture of the women in this case that isn't based on anything but your own belief.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    Or maybe he's just rich and powerful and like our esteemed CIC believes that gives him the right to literally or figuratively "grab them by the ".

I've seen that sort of attitude in practice more than a handful of times among older well off men. They came up in different times when women in the workplace had fewer rights and openly objectifying women was considered normal behavior or "just good fun". The "old boys club" is a legit thing and still exists to some degree in certain areas of the economy. Let's just say I feel very sorry for any woman who works in the oil and gas industry...

Sorry Alpha, I'm not buying it. These women knew exactly what they were doing.

Banned

This blame the woman sounds like Islam, where a woman can be stoned for not fighting a rapist hard enough.

Blaming the woman reveals more about the blamer than it does about the woman. You've drawn a picture of the women in this case that isn't based on anything but your own belief.
    Good lord Gene. Who said anything about rape? Sigh. . . .

There's no legitimate excuse for using one's position of power, wealth, prestige, etc as leverage to coherence and manipulate women that are trying to achieve vocational success. This behavior should have vanished with the manual starter on autos.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Good lord Gene. Who said anything about rape? Sigh. . . .
    It's about an attitude about women, in this instance not about rape, in a culture where the woman will always be held responsible. Like what you did. Picking out a single sentence that differs from your beliefs and using that to dismiss the rest of the argument is picking out a germ of irrelevant truth out of a cow patty.

You don't have an atom of proof that the women filed false claims. There isn't any public proof that O'Reilly did anything wrong, but with so many filing charges, it lends its own credibility.
    Last edited by Gene L; 04-21-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

It's about an attitude about women, in this instance not about rape, in a culture where the woman will always be held responsible. Like what you did. Picking out a single sentence that differs from your beliefs and using that to dismiss the rest of the argument is picking out a germ of irrelevant truth out of a cow patty.

You don't have an atom of proof that the women filed false claims. There isn't any public proof that O'Reilly did anything wrong, but with so many filing charges, it lends its own credibility.
    It has nothing to do with my beliefs. It's about individuals who makes millions upon millions and the specific people who are attracted to that wealth and power and when they get kicked to the curb they scream sexual assault or rape. It's not that hard to put together Gene.

And you know this in this particular situation, how? Or any situation, for that matter. Was Bill Clinton a victim of false claims? How about Bill Cosby?

Best stick to astrology.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

And you know this in this particular situation, how? Or any situation, for that matter. Was Bill Clinton a victim of false claims? How about Bill Cosby?

Best stick to astrology.
    As much as I despised Clinton, yeah, I can entertain the thought of parasitic women who had him by the balls so to speak. The same holds true of any individual of high stature. Could Clinton have committed crimes that were covered up? Yeah, I can buy that as well. The bottom line is that there will always be those who want a cut of the money pie and will do anything to achieve it. To believe that every sexual assault allegation is true solely because a woman, or even a man for that matter, said to be true is na´ve.

It might be naive to believe such charges are true, but charges must be investigated as if they ARE true to eliminate opinions like yours. Once proof is submitted a determination can be reached. But your dismissing these claims out of hand isn't good investigative work.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

It might be naive to believe such charges are true, but charges must be investigated as if they ARE true to eliminate opinions like yours. Once proof is submitted a determination can be reached. But your dismissing these claims out of hand isn't good investigative work.
    Well, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

I hope Fox hires more women commentators. They have a group of very intelligent women that are true Conservatives. It will be difficult for the Left to malign these women and even more difficult to challenge their discussions. Time for the old farts to move aside and let the younger, smarter, and as a side benefit, better looking women take over the fight. Outnumbered is an excellent show that is truly balanced reporting/commentary. IMHO

Well, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
    So be it. But please, before you go, explain how blanket dismissal of women's claims of sexual assault/harassment is good investigative technique.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    I hope Fox hires more women commentators. They have a group of very intelligent women that are true Conservatives. It will be difficult for the Left to malign these women and even more difficult to challenge their discussions. Time for the old farts to move aside and let the younger, smarter, and as a side benefit, better looking women take over the fight. Outnumbered is an excellent show that is truly balanced reporting/commentary. IMHO
    I agree. Most of the gals on Fox are pretty good. I'll admit though, I was lad to see Megyn Kelly leave. Not so much for her political opinions or dislike of Trump, but because of her continued flip flopping on issues. Plus, she was playing the woman "victim" card a bit too much for my taste. I would however like to see Tomi Lahren get a slot. Plus, she's smokin' hot! Ha! Yeah, she may not be a "true" conservative but I like her wit and intelligence.

I would however like to see Tomi Lahren get a slot. Plus, she's smokin' hot! Ha! Yeah, she may not be a "true" conservative but I like her wit and intelligence.
    As long as she doesnt run down her boss and his company and all of her coworkers, she might stay hired. Of course she has to get past that fact that her opinion of herself doesnt mean that she will have employment.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    As long as she doesnt run down her boss and his company and all of her coworkers, she might stay hired. Of course she has to get past that fact that her opinion of herself doesnt mean that she will have employment.
    She used to be on the Blaze network until recently. I haven't seen her on there lately, but I didn't know she was canned. What exactly did she do?
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    She used to be on the Blaze network until recently. I haven't seen her on there lately, but I didn't know she was canned. What exactly did she do?
    From my understanding she stated that she was (gasps) pro-choice.

From my understanding she stated that she was (gasps) pro-choice.
    I believe she was politically a libertarian, so that's not much of a surprise.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    I believe she was politically a libertarian, so that's not much of a surprise.
    Yeah, sounds like it. Personally, I find abortion wrong and inherently evil. However, I agree with her on the fact that abortion, as with any other issue not addressed in the Constitution, should be left up to the states to decide as guaranteed by the 10th Amendment - NOT the federal government.