Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly History

Angry O'Reilly History

Appears that Fox may cut ties with Bill O. Seems the Left has found a new tool in destroying conservative talk show hosts. Sexual misconduct, smear campaign that you are judged guilty until proven innocent. Don't care for O'Reilly but this character assasination tactic is B.S. IMHO.

Banned

Re: O'Reilly History

Have not heard of this. I actually enjoy listening to O'Reilly from time to time. Like anyone else, I may not agree with everything he says but he offers some interesting topics. I also enjoyed his Killing Lincoln book whom he co-authored with Martin Dugard. Dugard also wrote a fantastic book about Captain James Cook several years ago.

Edit: As far as the sexual misconduct allegations go? -
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5 - WOW!; 04-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Wouldn't surprise me. I think Orielly is a class A D-bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Fools could afford what ever they want but instead they'd rather victimize innocent women. This crap should have stopped a long time ago.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

O'Reilly is an obnoxious Noo Yawk damyankee, but he's the latest victim of the character assassination efforts of the liberals. He's a closet gun grabber who plays fast and loose with the "facts" where the 2nd. Amendment is concerned, and he talks over and bullies anyone foolish enough to disagree with him. The quickest way to get his goat is to remind him that he was a draft-dodging coward during Viet Nam, same as Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove, and a bunch of others on both sides of the political aisle. I won't be sorry to see him go, but it's a sad and stupid situation that he gave the liberals the ammo for his firing squad!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Fools could afford what ever they want but instead they'd rather victimize innocent women. This crap should have stopped a long time ago.
    Me thinks these women were far from "innocent" and when he ended whatever affair they were involved in they got butthurt and were then contacted by Gloria Allred and $$$$$$$$ signs. It all comes down to money in the end.

This is why legal teams should fight EVERY allegation. Because if you settle... well, it's pretty much saying you did it.

If he did what's alleged, he deserves what he's getting. If he didn't do it, and fox did not fight the allegations, then THEY are responsible for him looking like he did it.

Plus he is a jerk.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sometimes it's less expensive to settle than it is to fight it out. This ain't O'Reilly's first rodeo. I assume there is some sort of smoke here; if there isn't, fight it. Proof is in the pudding.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

I've been hearing of the sexual misconduct allegations, and know he's been on vacation for all of last week and apparently will be away all of this week. His current fill in is Dana Perino, former press secretary for George W. Bush. If O'Reilly really is given the boot, it will be interesting to see if his spot is filled by a woman.

Here's a pointer to an NBC report on the situation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...x-news-n748236

FWIW, I like O'Reilly, and consider him the best of the 3 prime time hosts (O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity) that Fox has. Hannity usually has mostly guests with a similar view of his own. When he does have one with an opposing view, he usually has a second guest who shares his view and they pound the crap out of the guest with the opposing view. Carlson either lets some loon ramble incoherently, or laughs at his opponent during their debate/discussion. And, say what you will about Bill, he has a lot of guests with views contrary to his. Sometimes he even lets them get a word in edgewise.

I also like Martha McCallum who currently holds down the 7 p.m. EDT time slot. It would not disappoint me if she were to take O'Reilly's time slot. I also like Dana Perino.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

According to MSN, it's a done deal.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/o%e...4hx?li=BBnb7Kz

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly will not return to the network, 21st Century Fox announced Wednesday.

"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," the network said in a statement.

Reports emerged this week that 21st Century Fox was leaning toward ousting O'Reilly in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

It's always cheaper to settle, that's why trial lawyers get rich. Tort reform is the only way to stop trial lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    Appears that Fox may cut ties with Bill O. Seems the Left has found a new tool in destroying conservative talk show hosts. Sexual misconduct, smear campaign that you are judged guilty until proven innocent. Don't care for O'Reilly but this character assasination tactic is B.S. IMHO.
    This is SOP for the left. If they can't beat you with the facts, they go the sexual harassment, sexual abuse, or rape route. The ONLY time they weren't enthusiastic about it was when Bill Clinton was an abuser and a rapist.

They have used it on Republican politicians many times, and sometimes the charges are flat-out false. I don't know whether O'Reilly did it or not, but I did like his show most of the time and will be sorry that he's not coming back.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    It's always cheaper to settle, that's why trial lawyers get rich. Tort reform is the only way to stop trial lawyers.

My ex-SIL is HR director for a large nationwide hardware store chain. They have a policy to NEVER settle. It is more expensive to just start signing checks for everyone that complains, sets up an 'accident', does something stupid and blames the company, imagines some slight, etc.... now, if a manager steps over the line, and does something like O'Reiley did- he is fired and the company comes down HARD on them.

They did the math and know that it is not cheaper to settle. They fight every one, and they do not get nearly as many suits as other similar companies do.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    This is SOP for the left. If they can't beat you with the facts, they go the sexual harassment, sexual abuse, or rape route. The ONLY time they weren't enthusiastic about it was when Bill Clinton was an abuser and a rapist.

They have used it on Republican politicians many times, and sometimes the charges are flat-out false. I don't know whether O'Reilly did it or not, but I did like his show most of the time and will be sorry that he's not coming back.
    Well said.

Ask "Gawker" magazine which is cheaper. (Hulk Hogan lawsuit.) Ask "The Raleigh News and Observer." Both of these went before a jury who awarded them much more money than a settlement would have...plus attorney fees.

SOMETIMES it's cheaper to settle, SOMETIMES it's cheaper to go to a jury. Depends on the evidence. Given the makeup uncertainty of juries and the relative unpopularity of O'Reilly and taking into account the evidence and the fact this has not been an isolated incident, I bet they will settle.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

$13 Million will buy you a lot of really good legal council. It's over $2 million per case. It certainly smells like smoke to me. That said, I don't care even a little bit about this. He's a creepy old rich dude who was probably highly inappropriate to a handful of attractive younger women...sounds like a typical creepy old rich dude...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Yep. Not that I watched him anyway.

Everybody is expendable. No one is irreplaceable.

I suppose it's technically possible for me to give less of a crap about O'reilly than I do right now...

Nope. I was wrong. Zero craps given.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Plus 3.
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

I suppose he could always try to get his job back at Inside Edition
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Ask "Gawker" magazine which is cheaper. (Hulk Hogan lawsuit.) Ask "The Raleigh News and Observer." Both of these went before a jury who awarded them much more money than a settlement would have...plus attorney fees.

SOMETIMES it's cheaper to settle, SOMETIMES it's cheaper to go to a jury. Depends on the evidence. Given the makeup uncertainty of juries and the relative unpopularity of O'Reilly and taking into account the evidence and the fact this has not been an isolated incident, I bet they will settle.
    True, things are not as black and white as they used to be. A long time ago most companies looked to settle first and swiftly regardless of guilt, so they could keep potential embarrassment and costs at bay. The general feeling was that it was cheaper than litigation. This led to countless and costly abuses in the system, so that is not the case anymore.

Cases are tried twice nowadays. First between opposing lawyers behind closed doors to mutually understand potential outcome and of course to try to "scare" the other party away from a settlement or suit by any means possible without having actuall legal oversight (judge). Only when the evidence is overwhelming does this result on a settlement out of court and ONLY if the lawyers of the defendant feel sure they will loose in court.

In O'Reilly's case no lawyers would have paid $13 million if they though there was a chance of him being "redeemed" in court.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

The "trial" between lawyers isn't really a trial, it's called Discovery.* Each party presents what it has before a judge, who determines based on law, what can and cannot be admitted in the trial. Therefore no last-minute information without exceptions.

The Raleigh News and Observer case excelled the state guidelines on the amount awarded and stunned the judge. So did The Gawker suit.

*Discovery is also true in criminal cases.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

When they start prosecuting women for lying about this kind of thing it might stop some of this nonsense. Accusations are not proof. Gene L can tell you all about evidence vs. accusations, if he is so inclined.

As to O'Reilly losing his job, the news media eats their own on a regular basis. And I don't like his stands on firearms and a lot of other things. Maybe he will be replaced with someone with a bit more level headed when interviewing guests, too. His shouting matches are legend, and make him look like a weak bully in a power position. I don't watch his show, and haven't in a very long time.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    I've been hearing of the sexual misconduct allegations, and know he's been on vacation for all of last week and apparently will be away all of this week. His current fill in is Dana Perino, former press secretary for George W. Bush. If O'Reilly really is given the boot, it will be interesting to see if his spot is filled by a woman.

Here's a pointer to an NBC report on the situation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...x-news-n748236

FWIW, I like O'Reilly, and consider him the best of the 3 prime time hosts (O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity) that Fox has. Hannity usually has mostly guests with a similar view of his own. When he does have one with an opposing view, he usually has a second guest who shares his view and they pound the crap out of the guest with the opposing view. Carlson either lets some loon ramble incoherently, or laughs at his opponent during their debate/discussion. And, say what you will about Bill, he has a lot of guests with views contrary to his. Sometimes he even lets them get a word in edgewise.

I also like Martha McCallum who currently holds down the 7 p.m. EDT time slot. It would not disappoint me if she were to take O'Reilly's time slot. I also like Dana Perino.

And I too like O'Reilly

I like Martha also. I think she, like Dana Perino, is a beautiful Blonde woman with a Brain. These girls along with Laura Ingraham add fuel to the fire that Conservative women are better looking and smarter than libtard babes.

I think Martha has been dubbed to take Megan Kelly's spot. I think Dana Perino would be a good replacement for Bill. However, the opera ain't over til the fat lady sings and Bill may just fight this crap and win. That would be a plus for our side, and a slap in the liberal's face.
    Last edited by snake284; 04-20-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: ,
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

This seems to be the number one go to plan in the Libtard's play book. They tried it with Justice Clarence Thomas, they succeded in ruining Herman Cain's bid for president and they tried it again with Trump. It's easy to pay a few bimbos off to say he did this or that. But Trump, like Clarence Thomas didn't bat an eye. They stood their ground. With Cain, it was his wife that got him to quit pursuing it. He was ready to fight it but it was killing his family.

But with a Dummycrap there's a double standard. Look at JFK and Slick Willy!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

I usually don't read crap like this because I know the left is sniping at the conservatives. But I got curious. It seems O'Reilly is already out. He took a $25 million payout to leave. This sucks. And there's absolutely no solid proof he did anything.

Slick Willy was impeached. He was excoriated when it happened, and JFK's sex life was off-limits to reporters by consent. So was Eisenhower's. So was Warren G. Harding's and so was Lyndon Johnson's. Tricky Richard opened the season on presidents' personal lives.

Not seeing the evidence for and against O'Reilly, I couldn't say there was no proof. Someone thought there was enough proof to pay out $13M and for Fox to fire O'Reilly, who had the most popular show in News.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    $13 Million will buy you a lot of really good legal council. It's over $2 million per case. It certainly smells like smoke to me. That said, I don't care even a little bit about this. He's a creepy old rich dude who was probably highly inappropriate to a handful of attractive younger women...sounds like a typical creepy old rich dude...
    And of course those innocent sweet babes were totally without fault.