Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly History

Hybrid View

Angry O'Reilly History

Appears that Fox may cut ties with Bill O. Seems the Left has found a new tool in destroying conservative talk show hosts. Sexual misconduct, smear campaign that you are judged guilty until proven innocent. Don't care for O'Reilly but this character assasination tactic is B.S. IMHO.

Banned

Re: O'Reilly History

Have not heard of this. I actually enjoy listening to O'Reilly from time to time. Like anyone else, I may not agree with everything he says but he offers some interesting topics. I also enjoyed his Killing Lincoln book whom he co-authored with Martin Dugard. Dugard also wrote a fantastic book about Captain James Cook several years ago.

Edit: As far as the sexual misconduct allegations go? -
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5 - WOW!; 04-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Wouldn't surprise me. I think Orielly is a class A D-bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Fools could afford what ever they want but instead they'd rather victimize innocent women. This crap should have stopped a long time ago.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Fools could afford what ever they want but instead they'd rather victimize innocent women. This crap should have stopped a long time ago.
    Me thinks these women were far from "innocent" and when he ended whatever affair they were involved in they got butthurt and were then contacted by Gloria Allred and $$$$$$$$ signs. It all comes down to money in the end.

O'Reilly is an obnoxious Noo Yawk damyankee, but he's the latest victim of the character assassination efforts of the liberals. He's a closet gun grabber who plays fast and loose with the "facts" where the 2nd. Amendment is concerned, and he talks over and bullies anyone foolish enough to disagree with him. The quickest way to get his goat is to remind him that he was a draft-dodging coward during Viet Nam, same as Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove, and a bunch of others on both sides of the political aisle. I won't be sorry to see him go, but it's a sad and stupid situation that he gave the liberals the ammo for his firing squad!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

This is why legal teams should fight EVERY allegation. Because if you settle... well, it's pretty much saying you did it.

If he did what's alleged, he deserves what he's getting. If he didn't do it, and fox did not fight the allegations, then THEY are responsible for him looking like he did it.

Plus he is a jerk.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sometimes it's less expensive to settle than it is to fight it out. This ain't O'Reilly's first rodeo. I assume there is some sort of smoke here; if there isn't, fight it. Proof is in the pudding.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

I've been hearing of the sexual misconduct allegations, and know he's been on vacation for all of last week and apparently will be away all of this week. His current fill in is Dana Perino, former press secretary for George W. Bush. If O'Reilly really is given the boot, it will be interesting to see if his spot is filled by a woman.

Here's a pointer to an NBC report on the situation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...x-news-n748236

FWIW, I like O'Reilly, and consider him the best of the 3 prime time hosts (O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity) that Fox has. Hannity usually has mostly guests with a similar view of his own. When he does have one with an opposing view, he usually has a second guest who shares his view and they pound the crap out of the guest with the opposing view. Carlson either lets some loon ramble incoherently, or laughs at his opponent during their debate/discussion. And, say what you will about Bill, he has a lot of guests with views contrary to his. Sometimes he even lets them get a word in edgewise.

I also like Martha McCallum who currently holds down the 7 p.m. EDT time slot. It would not disappoint me if she were to take O'Reilly's time slot. I also like Dana Perino.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

According to MSN, it's a done deal.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/o%e...4hx?li=BBnb7Kz

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly will not return to the network, 21st Century Fox announced Wednesday.

"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," the network said in a statement.

Reports emerged this week that 21st Century Fox was leaning toward ousting O'Reilly in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.
    Jerry

It's always cheaper to settle, that's why trial lawyers get rich. Tort reform is the only way to stop trial lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    It's always cheaper to settle, that's why trial lawyers get rich. Tort reform is the only way to stop trial lawyers.

My ex-SIL is HR director for a large nationwide hardware store chain. They have a policy to NEVER settle. It is more expensive to just start signing checks for everyone that complains, sets up an 'accident', does something stupid and blames the company, imagines some slight, etc.... now, if a manager steps over the line, and does something like O'Reiley did- he is fired and the company comes down HARD on them.

They did the math and know that it is not cheaper to settle. They fight every one, and they do not get nearly as many suits as other similar companies do.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Yep. Not that I watched him anyway.

Everybody is expendable. No one is irreplaceable.

I suppose it's technically possible for me to give less of a crap about O'reilly than I do right now...

Nope. I was wrong. Zero craps given.
    Tim Mason

Plus 3.
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

I suppose he could always try to get his job back at Inside Edition
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    Appears that Fox may cut ties with Bill O. Seems the Left has found a new tool in destroying conservative talk show hosts. Sexual misconduct, smear campaign that you are judged guilty until proven innocent. Don't care for O'Reilly but this character assasination tactic is B.S. IMHO.
    This is SOP for the left. If they can't beat you with the facts, they go the sexual harassment, sexual abuse, or rape route. The ONLY time they weren't enthusiastic about it was when Bill Clinton was an abuser and a rapist.

They have used it on Republican politicians many times, and sometimes the charges are flat-out false. I don't know whether O'Reilly did it or not, but I did like his show most of the time and will be sorry that he's not coming back.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    This is SOP for the left. If they can't beat you with the facts, they go the sexual harassment, sexual abuse, or rape route. The ONLY time they weren't enthusiastic about it was when Bill Clinton was an abuser and a rapist.

They have used it on Republican politicians many times, and sometimes the charges are flat-out false. I don't know whether O'Reilly did it or not, but I did like his show most of the time and will be sorry that he's not coming back.
    Well said.

I usually don't read crap like this because I know the left is sniping at the conservatives. But I got curious. It seems O'Reilly is already out. He took a $25 million payout to leave. This sucks. And there's absolutely no solid proof he did anything.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Slick Willy was impeached. He was excoriated when it happened, and JFK's sex life was off-limits to reporters by consent. So was Eisenhower's. So was Warren G. Harding's and so was Lyndon Johnson's. Tricky Richard opened the season on presidents' personal lives.

Not seeing the evidence for and against O'Reilly, I couldn't say there was no proof. Someone thought there was enough proof to pay out $13M and for Fox to fire O'Reilly, who had the most popular show in News.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Slick Willy was impeached. He was excoriated when it happened, and JFK's sex life was off-limits to reporters by consent. So was Eisenhower's. So was Warren G. Harding's and so was Lyndon Johnson's. Tricky Richard opened the season on presidents' personal lives.

Not seeing the evidence for and against O'Reilly, I couldn't say there was no proof. Someone thought there was enough proof to pay out $13M and for Fox to fire O'Reilly, who had the most popular show in News.
    O'Reilly got $25 M. But that's still no grounds to say he's guilty of anything. This was 21st Century Fox, the parent company paying out the money both ways. $38 m is nothing to them. They just wanted to shut it down.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post

I must have missed something.

What did Watergate have to do with Nixon's personal life?
    Jerry

A "loser pays" law would halt 98% of these cases, because there would be no free lunch for the accuser and the attys.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Nixon lied and supported nefarious causes. I think that speaks a weakness in his personal life, which didn't include trips to women. Before Nixon, the Presidency was not subjected to the skepticism it is today. Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower all had personal lives that were not above reproach but the press pretty much left them be. Johnson is reputed to have displayed his penis to a reporter, yet nothing was said in the press about this. As far as sex-life goes, Nixon so far as we know was chaste.

It wasn't until Clinton's escapades that a president's sexual life became news while the president was alive.

O'Reilly, of course, is not a president. Is it news? Yes. Is Bill Cosby's life with multiple accusations news? You bet. I would be there's no absolute proof Cosby drugged and raped women, but the multiple accusations lend kind of an authenticity to the alleged victims. Not saying O'Reilly is accused of raping anyone, but nowadays an action or a remark that 20 years ago would have been dismissed is an offense, especially with someone as prominent as O'Reilly.

Such remarks or patterns of behavior, if not provable can get you fired in any job today. I know about it from those who have had to write reports and defend their actions. One instance can probably get you looked at but not affecting your job, but if there's a witness or several reports of sexual or racial remarks that show a pattern will very likely get you fired.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

There were transcripts of recordings available of his unsolicited phone sex towards a former coworker. These transcripts were filed in court in one of the lawsuits he payed a big settlement for. The actual tapes were never released, because of the settlement, but again lots of smoke. For those interested in reading...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/or...s-five?page=15

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 - WOW! View Post
    Ha! Yeah, I know. I was being a little bit facetious. Anyway, regarding O'Reilly and the article, it just amazes me how some try to paint all conservatives as god fearing church folk who supposedly hold themselves to high moral and ethical standards and then act completely shocked when they find that someone such as O'Reilly actually likes women and beer and, on occasion, gets a bit wild and treats some of his female "companions" in a manner comparable to a college frat house party. The "victim" mentality these women are accusing him with is laughable. I'm willing to bet that his "victims" were willing participants in whatever game that was being played and when caught with their hand in the cookie jar instantly scream sexual assault and $$$$ signs. I do agree that O'Reilly is a dumbass for putting himself in that situation but hey, when some smokin' hot gal is flaunting her goods he's human like the rest of us. Ha!
    Or maybe he's just rich and powerful and like our esteemed CIC believes that gives him the right to literally or figuratively "grab them by the ".

I've seen that sort of attitude in practice more than a handful of times among older well off men. They came up in different times when women in the workplace had fewer rights and openly objectifying women was considered normal behavior or "just good fun". The "old boys club" is a legit thing and still exists to some degree in certain areas of the economy. Let's just say I feel very sorry for any woman who works in the oil and gas industry...

"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    Or maybe he's just rich and powerful and like our esteemed CIC believes that gives him the right to literally or figuratively "grab them by the ".

I've seen that sort of attitude in practice more than a handful of times among older well off men. They came up in different times when women in the workplace had fewer rights and openly objectifying women was considered normal behavior or "just good fun". The "old boys club" is a legit thing and still exists to some degree in certain areas of the economy. Let's just say I feel very sorry for any woman who works in the oil and gas industry...

Sorry Alpha, I'm not buying it. These women knew exactly what they were doing.

There's no legitimate excuse for using one's position of power, wealth, prestige, etc as leverage to coherence and manipulate women that are trying to achieve vocational success. This behavior should have vanished with the manual starter on autos.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.