Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly History

Re: O'Reilly History

And you know this, how?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

All this arguing over something that affects NO ONE HERE. Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Well, it affects those who used to watch his TV show.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Well, it affects those who used to watch his TV show.
    Damnit. Now folks will have to find another bag wind to listen to. It's a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Damnit. Now folks will have to find another bag wind to listen to. It's a travesty.
    I actually am going to miss that windbag. I didn't always like his show, but I did most of the time. Usually he pissed me off when he went along with the leftist view. He did donate A LOT of money to various worthwhile charities, and it's a shame that money probably won't be generated very much unless O'Reilly gets another gig somewhere.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Al this hair-splitting over semantics, even if it's pubic hairs that are being split, gets downright boring after a while. Somebody always takes the bait and rewards the slow fisherman!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Obviously, they didn't sue for free. Not much of a point in a tort otherwise.
    Really? What country are you from, because in the US, if you type in "We dont get paid unless you do." into your search engine, it generates a list of lawyers across the United states.
    They sue and it doesnt cost them a dime, win lose or draw. Companies know that taking it to a jury means that with people who are firmly entrenched in class warfare, no matter who is at fault, they are going to pay. Lawyers knpw this, which is why they offer free legal to whomever has hurt feelings this week.

Yes she sued for money. She was 100% at fault, and got a settlement because it cost her nothing to sue, and the odds of getting a fair shake on the "rich guy" side are slim to none.

In a case like Oriellys, if FOX takes it to a jury, they are going to get 12 people out of NY or DC, ie Libs. Even if they get a decent avg they are not exactly a jury of peers because they have no frame of reference to a multi millionaire.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

ng
    Quote Originally Posted by kansashunter View Post
    I know this is not exactly the same but David Letterman was doing several workers and admitted it and was a bigger star for it. My biggest concern about Oriely is he has been convicted in the press and is gone.
    Wait a minute, isn't O'Reilly being accused of about the same thing as Slick Willy was? Stay right where you are O'Reilly, he was impeached for purgering himself in front of the world and God and he went on to be acquitted and finish his term as a very popular president.

What do you mean Double Standard???
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Is it possible I stated my post inaccurately. I was talking about the victims, not the lawyers.

Liberals don't always win lawsuits. "The Raleigh News and Observer" and the "Gawker" suits are proof of that. And both were clearly libelous and were fined money, I think rightly. It pretty much ruined "Gawker." And will hurt N&O deeply; the award was $7.5 million, exceeding the state cap for such suits.

I believe the plaintiff and the defendant get an equal amount of strikes on a jury in a civil case so if the jury is all liberal or all conservative it means a lousy lawyer is doing the striking.
    Last edited by Gene L; 04-25-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    ng

Wait a minute, isn't O'Reilly being accused of about the same thing as Slick Willy was? Stay right where you are O'Reilly, he was impeached for purgering himself in front of the world and God and he went on to be acquitted and finish his term as a very popular president.

The main difference in Clintons case was a white stain on a blew dress.

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    ng

The difference is consent. I know that's a tricky concept for some, but women actually do have autonomy over their own bodies in 2017. The key to sexual harassment is it has to be an unwelcome sexual advance. Looking at Mr. O face it's pretty hard to see any advance coming from him being welcome....
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Hmmmm- - - - -rumor has it he took a $25 Mil. buyout. That obnoxious damyankee is laughing all the way to the bank!
    Jerry

There is also a difference in talking and touching.

Andrea Tanteros said he used to call her at night on the phone and sound like he was masturbating. But he didn't touch. Different charge. I don't know what O'Reilly sounds like masturbating and don't want to.

I would imagine he scored some or he wouldn't pursue this line of business. Gretchen Calrson also quit because it's reported of sexual harassment. So did that Bila woman and Julia Roginski.

His $25M will possibly be consumed by additional settlements...some of it, at any rate. I don't like bullies even when they represent my politics, and O'Reilly was a bully and an egomaniac. I feel like he verbally abused others who worked for him, men and women.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

O'Reilly was a bully and an egomaniac. I feel like he verbally abused others who worked for him, men and women.
    That is just what the libtards want you to think. Lies! All lies.

There is also a difference in talking and touching.

Andrea Tanteros said he used to call her at night on the phone and sound like he was masturbating. But he didn't touch. Different charge. I don't know what O'Reilly sounds like masturbating and don't want to.

I would imagine he scored some or he wouldn't pursue this line of business. Gretchen Calrson also quit because it's reported of sexual harassment. So did that Bila woman and Julia Roginski.

His $25M will possibly be consumed by additional settlements...some of it, at any rate. I don't like bullies even when they represent my politics, and O'Reilly was a bully and an egomaniac. I feel like he verbally abused others who worked for him, men and women.
    For 13 million (cash) I'd find out what he sounds like masturbating. Hell, I'd even, well, 13 million is a lot of money.

For 13 million (cash) I'd find out what he sounds like masturbating. Hell, I'd even, well, 13 million is a lot of money.
    And, it's been a long time...

A guy I worked with years ago used to say "It's not gay if you're getting paid". He never had a lot of money, but he seemed really...umm...happy, so there's that.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Banned

No, Nope, Nein, Nyet, . . . ain't gonna happen for ANY amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 - WOW! View Post
    No, Nope, Nein, Nyet, . . . ain't gonna happen for ANY amount of money.
    Haven't you heard of sub-contracting?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KSU Firefighter View Post
    Haven't you heard of sub-contracting?
    Ha! I guess there's a reason I never got a "contractors" license. Ha!!

I've got 20 bucks for a couple of strokes.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

I've got 20 bucks for a couple of strokes.
    Just a couple? Sounds like a scrip from the doc is needed. Ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    The difference is consent.....
    Really, consent? CEO of a company using his seat of power to seduce/force a woman to give sexual favors isn't that what women's lib is screaming about...unless of course its a Democrat using his power/influence to get sexual compliance....Packwood, Clinton, Franks(House Page).....Democrats always find an excuse why violations don't apply to their favorite politicians.....Packwood 38 women came forward (actual sex acts or inappropriate touching), Judge Thomas 1 woman from 18 years back "saying he insinuated a sexual statement"...Democrats fried Judge Thomas and let Packwood slide (that is until Feinstein threatend to end their funding if the Woman's Lib movement didn't condemn Packwood.) Double Standard Masters the Left has it down.

And from the other side of the isle... the higher you go in any organization the more women will throw themselves shamelessly at you. I know several executives whose careers have gone to hell because a scorned bimbo who chased them until they caved decided they needed to bring them down.

NOT condoning any such behaviors but it's easy to be loud on the soapbox when it's not a situation that you have experienced first hand.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

In general, dummycrap women are so fugly they're thankful if a man gives 'em a second look. That's why even the girly men on their team can get away with a lot of misbehavior with no consequences. In the words of Ben Franklin, "They are so grateful!" Would Debbie Wasserman-Schultz get outraged if Chuck Schumer copped a feel?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    And from the other side of the isle... the higher you go in any organization the more women will throw themselves shamelessly at you. I know several executives whose careers have gone to hell because a scorned bimbo who chased them until they caved decided they needed to bring them down.

NOT condoning any such behaviors but it's easy to be loud on the soapbox when it's not a situation that you have experienced first hand.
    No soapbox for me, just a healthy lack of giving a crap.

I think 'ol Bill probably did what he's accused of, but that could easily be my animus toward all of the major talking heads. I rarely watched the show, and never for very long. I couldn't stand his show, nor Rush' s or Beck's.

Lest some of the true believers get their kickers in a twist; fret not... I also couldn't stand Maddow, Matthews or Maher... although the last one at least is mildly humorous most of the time.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    I think that "rape culture" could often be exchanged for "after action regret culture". It's far easier to blame somebody else than to look inward for answers to questions the 'victim' would rather not ask. Society had become VERY interested in assigning victim status to nearly everybody and I think this might be one of the results.

I don't believe this is the situation O'reilly finds himself in though. I have no evidence of this, call it a hunch.
    I left this one stew for a bit before replying. Many of you have daughters and granddaughters of "fertile" age. I'd recommend having a frank discussion with them about some of this stuff sometimes. I think many of you would be quite shocked at the things they and their friends hear, see, and experience on a a fairly regular basis. I would guess the number of them that know someone who has been sexually assaulted or raped would be close to 100%. Sure it's easy to see all this "rape culture" stuff as just another liberal witch hunt and certainly there are areas where it goes too far, but it's a thing because it's a real problem. As well all know, plenty of men can be downright animals. For far too long they have not only faced no consequences for their actions, they are rewarded for them from other men. You need to look no further than the "grab them by the P...." comments by our esteemed commander and chief to see this sort of attitude in action. He was flat out bragging about sexual assault and brushed it off as "locker room talk". The more we allow this sort of thing, the more of your daughters and granddaughters will become victims for the benefit of some other guy's locker room story.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

I left this one stew for a bit before replying. Many of you have daughters and granddaughters of "fertile" age. I'd recommend having a frank discussion with them about some of this stuff sometimes. I think many of you would be quite shocked at the things they and their friends hear, see, and experience on a a fairly regular basis.
    No, not really. You see, I have daughters.

I would guess the number of them that know someone who has been sexually assaulted or raped would be close to 100%.
    If you change that to know someone who has said.... close to 100%, you would be correct. However, once you live with teen girls, you get a idea of how vindictive and dramatic they are and since EVERYTHING that comes out of their mouths about any relationship MUST be cut with 2/3rds water because they make Mexican Daytime Dramas look like real life in comparison. The other thing you CAN 100% bank on is they know one girl who got preggers and mentioned rape at least once AFTER...... however pre preggers she cowgirled enough to have her own brand.

Sure it's easy to see all this "rape culture" stuff as just another liberal witch hunt and certainly there are areas where it goes too far, but it's a thing because it's a real problem. As well all know, plenty of men can be downright animals. For far too long they have not only faced no consequences for their actions, they are rewarded for them from other men.
    If that is the case, it falls SQUARELY on the libs and the feminizing of the American male.

You need to look no further than the "grab them by the P...." comments by our esteemed commander and chief to see this sort of attitude in action. He was flat out bragging about sexual assault and brushed it off as "locker room talk". The more we allow this sort of thing, the more of your daughters and granddaughters will become victims for the benefit of some other guy's locker room story.
    From the party of Kennedy, you know, kill them then threaten their family's, Clintons (put some ice on that), Chris Dodd of waitress sandwich fame....... casting stones is pretty lame.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post

If that is the case, it falls SQUARELY on the libs and the feminizing of the 'white' American male.
    FIFY. But otherwise, yes, you nailed it.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5 - WOW!; 04-27-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Yes and google the teen/coed sights and see how many young ladies are willing to be filmed, think they are auditioning for adult films, and pledging at college and being sexually abused by other coeds/sorority sisters! World has changed dramatically and not for the better. IMHO Most movies have a nude sex scene within the first 30 minutes these days to get the R rating. Protecting our granddaughters these days is 24/7 work! Thank you Women's Lib

I left this one stew for a bit before replying. Many of you have daughters and granddaughters of "fertile" age. I'd recommend having a frank discussion with them about some of this stuff sometimes. I think many of you would be quite shocked at the things they and their friends hear, see, and experience on a a fairly regular basis. I would guess the number of them that know someone who has been sexually assaulted or raped would be close to 100%. Sure it's easy to see all this "rape culture" stuff as just another liberal witch hunt and certainly there are areas where it goes too far, but it's a thing because it's a real problem. As well all know, plenty of men can be downright animals. For far too long they have not only faced no consequences for their actions, they are rewarded for them from other men. You need to look no further than the "grab them by the P...." comments by our esteemed commander and chief to see this sort of attitude in action. He was flat out bragging about sexual assault and brushed it off as "locker room talk". The more we allow this sort of thing, the more of your daughters and granddaughters will become victims for the benefit of some other guy's locker room story.
    Oh LORD, every generation thinks there are the first ones to experience ________________ (fill in the blank). I have seen nothing today that was not going on when I was in HS and college and I'm pretty sure my kids would faint at some of the stuff I've experienced. Quite frankly it is the curse of the young to think they know MUCH more than the ones that came before them, and with all the respect in the world, you my young friend have a screaming case of this malady. My wife and I have had plenty of discussions with our son and daughter over the years and anyone that grabs my daughter by the "P" will find themselves taking a good look at the "Ts" hanging in front of their face.

You see, the ONLY thing that will protect my daughter is not conversation or suits in civil court, it is the realization that anyone that tries to hurt her should pay a HUGE physical price and the knowledge/means to get it accomplished...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton