Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O'Reilly History

Re: O'Reilly History

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Oh LORD, every generation thinks there are the first ones to experience ________________ (fill in the blank). I have seen nothing today that was not going on when I was in HS and college and I'm pretty sure my kids would faint at some of the stuff I've experienced. Quite frankly it is the curse of the young to think they know MUCH more than the ones that came before them, and with all the respect in the world, you my young friend have a screaming case of this malady. My wife and I have had plenty of discussions with our son and daughter over the years and anyone that grabs my daughter by the "P" will find themselves taking a good look at the "Ts" hanging in front of their face.

You see, the ONLY thing that will protect my daughter is not conversation or suits in civil court, it is the realization that anyone that tries to hurt her should pay a HUGE physical price and the knowledge/means to get it accomplished...
    Funny thing when I was growing up. Southern belles (gals) would be so sweet that sugar wouldn't melt in their mouths until you got sideways with one. Then you'd wish someone had thrown you in a closet with a half dozen pissed off bobcats and locked the door; you had a better chance with the bobcats! They had NO PROBLEM defending their honor, and would do it with exuberant enthusiasm! And in a verbal back and forth, they could cut you deep, wide, and raggedy.

Lots of stuff happened back when I was growing up, but it was kept quiet as to the 'women on the side' thing. And there is that one example of Leftist hypocrisy that they studiously ignore; the Hollywood 'casting couch' that has been going on wide open since probably before the first 'talkies' came out. But since that is from the Left side, it's obviously O.K.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

"I'm gonna cut you three ways- - - - - -long, deep, and repeatedly!" The worst messed-up guy I ever had the misfortune to see was a Puerto Rican Air Force Police neighbor who lived in the apartment downstairs from us in Okinawa, who also happened to be the USAF karate champion. He came home drunk and beat up on his wife once too often. She waited until he passed out across the bed, sewed him up tight in about three layers of blankets, and commenced to wear out every mop and broom handle in the house on him, plus a few feet of garden hose! The screams were epic- - - - -mostly coming from him- - - -but she yelled cusswords in about three languages while she was giving him his attitude adjustment. The little gal might have weighed 90 pounds, soaking wet, but she definitely had a persuasive way with a broomstick! He stayed in intensive care for several days!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Oh LORD, every generation thinks there are the first ones to experience ________________ (fill in the blank). I have seen nothing today that was not going on when I was in HS and college and I'm pretty sure my kids would faint at some of the stuff I've experienced. Quite frankly it is the curse of the young to think they know MUCH more than the ones that came before them, and with all the respect in the world, you my young friend have a screaming case of this malady. My wife and I have had plenty of discussions with our son and daughter over the years and anyone that grabs my daughter by the "P" will find themselves taking a good look at the "Ts" hanging in front of their face.

You see, the ONLY thing that will protect my daughter is not conversation or suits in civil court, it is the realization that anyone that tries to hurt her should pay a HUGE physical price and the knowledge/means to get it accomplished...
    That is a clear case of the older generation being lectured by the younger. If Spring Break on the Florida and Texas coast are examples of today's youth morality, the ones that don't engage in that ridiculous display of debauchery should start building underground shelters to protect themselves.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Is it possible I stated my post inaccurately. I was talking about the victims, not the lawyers.

Liberals don't always win lawsuits. "The Raleigh News and Observer" and the "Gawker" suits are proof of that. And both were clearly libelous and were fined money, I think rightly. It pretty much ruined "Gawker." And will hurt N&O deeply; the award was $7.5 million, exceeding the state cap for such suits.
    True, but you missed the part where it was Suzy Cuteness against "The Raleigh New$ and Ob$erver" The jury found against the rich guy.

I believe the plaintiff and the defendant get an equal amount of strikes on a jury in a civil case so if the jury is all liberal or all conservative it means a lousy lawyer is doing the striking.
    In Oreillys case are they going to find 6 millionaires in the group or will the entire pool of jurors save 1, from the liberal bastion, be "working class" at best? Guess what? That isnt a jury of peers.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    All allegations (not just rape) must be treated as true until investigation proves otherwise. Man or woman.
    I thought all investigations of accused, must be treated as innocent, until evidence is found to prove guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadac View Post
    I thought all investigations of accused, must be treated as innocent, until evidence is found to prove guilty?
    That's in the courts. Until a case goes to court, there is no such thing as guilt or guilty. Doesn't men you can arrest someone without cause, of course, but as an investigator you have to initially believe that something happened and that the alleged victim isn't lying...unless investigation proves otherwise.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

As more details come out, it appears to be bad news for O'Reilly. Several harassment claims over a few years with big cash being paid by Fox. Not sure all these women would take a chance of jail time for fraud by accepting the hush money if there wasn't some truth to it. This sort of "above the law" behavior seems to happen more and more by the rich and famous (liberal and conservative) ... or at least they are getting caught more often. O'Reilly is just another one in the long line. He needed to keep his mouth and trousers zipped while on the job and he'd still be on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuswell View Post
    As more details come out, it appears to be bad news for O'Reilly. Several harassment claims over a few years with big cash being paid by Fox. Not sure all these women would take a chance of jail time for fraud by accepting the hush money if there wasn't some truth to it. This sort of "above the law" behavior seems to happen more and more by the rich and famous (liberal and conservative) ... or at least they are getting caught more often. O'Reilly is just another one in the long line. He needed to keep his mouth and trousers zipped while on the job and he'd still be on the air.
    No, I don't think any of this happens any more frequently, it's just easier for those with less power to gather evidence (record phone calls, text messages, email, Twitter, etc.) against those with more power these days.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Too bad one of Slick Willy's victims didn't have the courage to BITE- - - - - - -Nothing like having a piece of one's anatomy a little bit shortened to eliminate all doubt about what happened!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Too bad one of Slick Willy's victims didn't have the courage to BITE- - - - - - -Nothing like having a piece of one's anatomy a little bit shortened to eliminate all doubt about what happened!
    Jerry
    That doesn't necessarily work out well, friend of my older brothers in high school did that. They never did find out who killed her.