Thread: FN FNS-40 .40 S&W a good pistol NIB fer $339?

FN FNS-40 .40 S&W a good pistol NIB fer $339?

One joint is selling them fer $339 What do y'all think?

Yeah I know a .40, I think they are good quality pistols.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: FN FNS-40 .40 S&W a good pistol NIB fer $339?

Oh boy if I bite, yet another caliber and I know me...........brass/bullets/dies will follow....................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Look at it this way, you'll be all set up for 10mm when that bug hits you.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

I would ABSOLUTELY jump on that.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

They are a duty pistol, and designed that way. They have ok triggers 5-6 pounds, but no after market parts to make them better. Mine wasn't especially accurate 6" groups at 25 yards no matter what ammo I used. That is the only experience I have had with them. I may have had a lemon but didn't have it long enough to find out.
    Dang it, steers try!

Think I'll pass, just not that interested in a .40 S&W or a 10mm FTM. Years ago maybe.

If it were a 9mm maybe. I'm sorta looking fer another one to shoot the piss outta as a range pistol, but want something fun and accurate.

Oh it is at Rural King, so if they have a store in your state or they will ship to an FFL in your area, if you are interested. Seems to be a good price.

https://www.rkguns.com/fn-fns-40-40-...82569822521961

If you look around, you'll see that almost every gun chambered in .40 S&W is on sale, with very deep discounts not seen on the same models chambered in 9mm or .45ACP. Why is that? It's because nobody wants that caliber anymore.

Check out the M&P 2.0. Getting pretty good reviews from competition shooters. Better trigger and more accurate they say. 4.25" or 5", double stack so 17 rounds in 9mm. Can be found for 500 or less.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

I was going to tell Ya just find a S&W 610 and shoot .40 and 10mm in the same clip; but, I see they are asking up to $2000;
    so, I won't tell Ya that.

It's a GREAT pistol for $340. If it were a 9mm or if I had a supply of .40 ammo I'd buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

That's a hell of a deal in a full sized service pistol from FN. If I needed another HD gun I'd be all over that! I don't know why folks put down the .40 S&W. I like it a lot and it's a nice compromise between a 9mm and a .45 with many highly effective SD offerings out there.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

FN makes good stuff. I don't have that model but I have two FNP45s, a Five Seven and a PS90. All great shooters and solid reliability.

Unlike some manufacturers they don't seem to cut corners to achieve a price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    That's a hell of a deal in a full sized service pistol from FN. If I needed another HD gun I'd be all over that! I don't know why folks put down the .40 S&W. I like it a lot and it's a nice compromise between a 9mm and a .45 with many highly effective SD offerings out there.
    There's nothing wrong with it, but the 4K rounds of 9mm in my garage and the multiple pistols chambered for that round have me fairly committed for the foreseeable future.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

The .40 S&W is a fine round. When I went to OCSO, that was (and is) our duty round. Nowadays, the .40 ammo is more expensive than 9mm and not a whole lot more effective. I like the 9mm better, personally.

Back in 96, when I came to OCSO, the .40 was the FBI load, which is why we went to it. Since then, I think they went to the 9mm.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Yup, its a solid round and dependable. Gold Dot HP's in my Sig carry shoot clean, low muzzle flash, and very accurate.