Thread: cool video of the M-4

cool video of the M-4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Re: cool video of the M-4

Pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

That's cool and the gang.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Very well done! Thanks for sharing.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

'Merica!!!

I am fascinated with the amount of barrel movement that can be seen in high speed video. Those little 55 or 62 gr bullets still whip the end of that barrel significantly. Imagine what a 150 gr bullet does to a .308. It's a wonder we can hit anything at distance repeatedly when I see videos like this.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDanS View Post
    'Merica!!!

I am fascinated with the amount of barrel movement that can be seen in high speed video. Those little 55 or 62 gr bullets still whip the end of that barrel significantly. Imagine what a 150 gr bullet does to a .308. It's a wonder we can hit anything at distance repeatedly when I see videos like this.

D
    Agreed! That is a point of continued fascination for me. I coul watch those high speed videos time after time and just wonder at that bearrel doing a dance every time a bullet exits.

The ones that really blow my mind are lever actions and how much movement you get from barrel, mag tube and wood. All sorts of rattling and shaking going on.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Too bad that selector switch didn't have an "I WISH" position. Ha! Great vid.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDanS View Post
    'Merica!!!

D
    Agreed. It seems to be impossible for a bullet to hit the target with a barrel whipping. The key is to get the bullet to leave at the same point of wiggle at each shot. Lots of science going on in shooting!
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

I doubt the bullet weight has much to do with the amount of barrel whip.

You're basically "instantaneously" pressurizing a pipe with somewhere around 50K PSI (in a CF rifle) of pressure and then depressurizing it.... yep, it's going to dance around some
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Cool video of the M4! The barrel does do a dance. That's why consistent velocity from shot to shot is important for a skinny barrel.
    When I hear the phrase "our democracy" spoken by politicians and talking news heads I see a red flag with a yellow hammer and sickle over their head.