Thread: After reading this article I was in tears.......and am giving up duck hunting.

After reading this article I was in tears.......and am giving up duck hunting.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news...ectid=11853038

How could I be such a senseless, uncaring, emotionless, monster to go out and kill such a wonderful creature that shares this planet with me?

ooops, back in a minute, got 2 duck breasts cooking in a mix of red wine and aged port, need to turn them and prepare the veges..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Re: After reading this article I was in tears.......and am giving up duck hunting.

I don't know about NZ, but here there wouldn't be any ducks at all without the the terrible mean hunters. Being ignorant is sometimes excusable. Putting it in print, not so much.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Re: After reading this article I was in tears.......and am giving up duck hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    I don't know about NZ, but here there wouldn't be any ducks at all without the the terrible mean hunters. Being ignorant is sometimes excusable. Putting it in print, not so much.
    This retarded Biatch needs to grow up and get real! She's been watching too much Walt Disney. I bet she doesn't think that way about a Rib Eye or Filet. Libtards are going to be the end of is all!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT!

More PETA nonsense...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT!

More PETA nonsense...
    What Zorba said...P.E.T.A propaganda. All emotion and without facts.

Logansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa Florida

I subscribe to the ideals of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Unless she is a vegetarian she has no right to complain, and if she is not, she just wants someone else to kill her food for her. Keep yer powder dry.........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEN View Post
    I subscribe to the ideals of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Unless she is a vegetarian she has no right to complain, and if she is not, she just wants someone else to kill her food for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

PETA is a PITA.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Somebody published a video of a bunch of PETA staffers taking a lunch break - - - -at the McDonald's down the street from their headquarters building - - - - -OOPS- - - -caught in the act! They were NOT eating salads!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEN View Post
    I subscribe to the ideals of PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Unless she is a vegetarian she has no right to complain, and if she is not, she just wants someone else to kill her food for her. Keep yer powder dry.........robin
    Heck Hawken, I have the PETA bumper sticker on my truck and I have 2 PETA T-shirts. I love urinating off the Bunny Huggers.

FIFY

After reading this article I was in tears.......and am giving up duck hunting. NOT!!!

Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Never mind ducks. I'm going to work hard to stop the senseless slaughter of fauxs. Not sure what they are but all these snowflake vegans love making shoes, purses and belts out of their leather .
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post

How could I be such a senseless, uncaring, emotionless, monster to go out and kill such a wonderful creature that shares this planet with me?

ooops, back in a minute, got 2 duck breasts cooking in a mix of red wine and aged port, need to turn them and prepare the veges..........
    This article has moved me to the tearful admission that I, too, was once a fairly prolific murderer of waterfowl. In my younger days, I spent untold hours in remote swamps, hunting their roosting places in pursuit of ever higher body counts. Alas, I've been much too lazy for the last 20 years, or so, to hunt ducks, so I probably do not feel as much shame as I should.

I resolve, this day, to revisit those bloody days of yesteryear...so that I may feel the proper amount of guilt when I read such an article. If it means trudging through the sloughs in hip waders, laden with a shotgun and decoys, I will consider it small payment, if it helps me to reach that plateau of guilt where nirvana is achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    I'm going to work hard to stop the senseless slaughter of fauxs.
    Worthy cause! Weren't Naugas driven to the brink of extinction so their hides could provide roll & pleat upholstery for 1960's custom cars?

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post

You almost gave me a heart attack!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Worthy cause! Weren't Naugas driven to the brink of extinction so their hides could provide roll & pleat upholstery for 1960's custom cars?

Jerry
    Absolutely! Apparently they are now protected. Haven't seen anything made out of their hides in a long time
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

So what's with Sandra Kyle running down on hunters? You don't see US getting
    on HER case, because she's a dippy, uninformed, nozzle, DO you?

I respect vegeterians, as I respect anyone who has courage to defend their principles. It's you right to eat meat or not to eat, to hunt or not to hunt, if it's about you. But it's not a reason to interfere in someone else's life. Just show an example - this is the only way to change the world for the better. Militant vegetarians, imposing their opinion agressively, look ridiculous.

Recently I saw a television programme where a small girl stood and watched her father kill and butcher a healthy cow. Last year Fish and Game promoted the season by showing a young boy with a firearm over his shoulder and holding a string of dead ducks.

Why don't we recoil from seeing children take up arms and shoot harmless animals?

Why aren't we modelling kindness and compassion to our children? Why don't we teach through our own behaviour a respect for all life, and for other species' natural right to share the planet?

Why as a society would we encourage any activity that serves to dull our compassion and pity?

Are we not aware that violence breeds violence? Is the parallel between killing animals and hurting human beings not clear?

Duck shooting is the unnecessary taking of life. The only conclusion we can draw for its popularity is that shooters enjoy killing. Now there's a thought. We really are wading into murky waters now.

These last lines are right out of the PeTA playbook. Meaningless emotional drivel.

Then she makes a point to compare hunters to sociopaths.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

About the author they say: "Sandra Kyle is a Waikato-based teacher, writer and broadcaster". I think they meant that she is a Wacko based teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Never mind ducks. I'm going to work hard to stop the senseless slaughter of fauxs. Not sure what they are but all these snowflake vegans love making shoes, purses and belts out of their leather .
    Faux are similar to Nauga. The main difference being that nauga are found near oilfields and refineries.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

The writing alone is ghastly. All the polish and skill of a hormonal 11 year old writing an essay about something they know literally nothing about...

Quote Originally Posted by Basik View Post
    I respect vegeterians, as I respect anyone who has courage to defend their principles. It's you right to eat meat or not to eat, to hunt or not to hunt, if it's about you. But it's not a reason to interfere in someone else's life. Just show an example - this is the only way to change the world for the better. Militant vegetarians, imposing their opinion agressively, look ridiculous.

"Militant vegetarians" made be laugh out loud.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Faux are similar to Nauga. The main difference being that nauga are found near oilfields and refineries.
    Ahhhhh, thanks for the info. Now I'll know where to go to protect them

I almost destroyed my computer when I spit my coffee out from laughing. Where's Daffy when you need him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter

Well, today is the last day of duck season in my region.......................and I am going deer hunting.

Go figure!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

I agree with this rant, NZers should not hunt ducks-----they should hire and pay for Americans to come over and control the duck populations.
    Go Cowboys go

Yeah guys how can you be so mean and thoughtless. Like most people we go down to our local grocer or Super Wally World and buy our meats from the meat department or frozen food section. This way no animals were harmed and the meat is grown in gardens like all the veggies.

These nut heads don't think about where the meats they eat come from, or the leather in their belts, purses, wallets or couches come from. They just assume it's manufactured.

A few years back there was a pretty good TV show called Jericho. The premise was Russia or some other country dropped nukes on the US. All of the amenities folks were accustom were gone. God help us if something like that ever happens, if it did could you imagine how these pampered spoiled people will cope and survive? It won't take long for them to want to go hunting or fishing to feed themselves and yes protect themselves...with guns...oh my how could they!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    Yeah guys how can you be so mean and thoughtless. Like most people we go down to our local grocer or Super Wally World and buy our meats from the meat department or frozen food section. This way no animals were harmed and the meat is grown in gardens like all the veggies.

These nut heads don't think about where the meats they eat come from, or the leather in their belts, purses, wallets or couches come from. They just assume it's manufactured.

A few years back there was a pretty good TV show called Jericho. The premise was Russia or some other country dropped nukes on the US. All of the amenities folks were accustom were gone. God help us if something like that ever happens, if it did could you imagine how these pampered spoiled people will cope and survive? It won't take long for them to want to go hunting or fishing to feed themselves and yes protect themselves...with guns...oh my how could they!
    I too hope that doesn't ever happen, but it would be interesting to see what happens. I think many of the snowflakes would disappear.