Thread: Roe buck spring hunt started today

Roe buck spring hunt started today

Today was the first day of the roe deer spring hunt. What a great evening in a nature. Saw a lot of different animals including three white tails but they have to wait until the September. It was total relaxation after the days work even without getting anything. Loved every minute of it.

IMG_0752ffb.jpg

IMG_0753ffb.jpg
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-

Re: Roe buck spring hunt started today

[QUOTE=TurdusMerula;655270]Today was the first day of the roe deer spring hunt. What a great evening in a nature. Saw a lot of different animals including three white tails but they have to wait until the September. It was total relaxation after the days work even without getting anything. Loved every minute of it.

IMG_0752ffb.jpg

Damn Turdus, that rifle is totally awesome looking. And that scenery is beautiful. Hope you get a Roe deer soon. I wish you could get a plane ticket and come to the SE shoot. Alec from New Zealand does it most years. It would be great to meet you.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Those pics are real post cards. I'd like to step right through the screen and enjoy some quiet time myself.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Beautiful area you have to hunt, Wishing you luck your next time out
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Where's the buck?
    Go Cowboys go

[QUOTE=snake284;655272]
    Quote Originally Posted by TurdusMerula View Post
    Today was the first day of the roe deer spring hunt. What a great evening in a nature. Saw a lot of different animals including three white tails but they have to wait until the September. It was total relaxation after the days work even without getting anything. Loved every minute of it.

IMG_0752ffb.jpg

Damn Turdus, that rifle is totally awesome looking. And that scenery is beautiful. Hope you get a Roe deer soon. I wish you could get a plane ticket and come to the SE shoot. Alec from New Zealand does it most years. It would be great to meet you.
    Thanks Snake! I really like my rifle too.

And if that's an invitation, be careful what you wish for... :)
    Where do you live in the States and how much would it cost to participate to hunt? So I can make guestimations if I could actually jump to plane and fly across the Pond. :) I would love to visit USA someday!
    -William Blake-

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    Where's the buck?

There was one standing on the road 300 yards before our home when I was returning from the hunt :)
    -William Blake-

[QUOTE=TurdusMerula;655376]
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post

Thanks Snake! I really like my rifle too.

And if that's an invitation, be careful what you wish for... :)
    Where do you live in the States and how much would it cost to participate to hunt? So I can make guestimations if I could actually jump to plane and fly across the Pond. :) I would love to visit USA someday!
    Well I live in Texas on the coast, but what I was referring to was the SE Shoot for Forum Members at Teach's farm in South Tennessee. Everybody gathers there on the Saturday before memorial day. We shoot, talk, eat, drink and meet people we know on here but have never seen in Real Life. I'm sure everyone here would love to meet you in person. Just fly into Memphis or somewhere, and somebody will probably pick you up or you could rent a car.
    Alec comes all the way from New Zealand most years.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-17-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

[QUOTE=snake284;655393]

Well I live in Texas on the coast, but what I was referring to was the SE Shoot for Forum Members at Teach's farm in South Tennessee. Everybody gathers there on the Saturday before memorial day. We shoot, talk, eat, drink and meet people we know on here but have never seen in Real Life. I'm sure everyone here would love to meet you in person. Just fly into Memphis or somewhere, and somebody will probably pick you up or you could rent a car.
    Alec comes all the way from New Zealand most years.
    Oh, I see! I though you were talking about hunting, my bad...
    That would be great to meet people from this forum! I would really love to do that. But I'm afraid you would find me little akward in person :) Let me explain... I have heard many times that Finnish people are considered weird and rude by the people from countries with more open socializing. We really suck in small talk and we don't find pauses, even long pauses akward in the middle of the conversation as our culture thinks it's ok to shut up even in company if don't have an opinion to some discussion :)
    Then people from other cultures tend to think we are a weird nation of autism :)

But seriously that would be great. Perhaps someday I can fly there to meet some of the fellow hunters over there.
    -William Blake-

[QUOTE=TurdusMerula;655487]
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post

Oh, I see! I though you were talking about hunting, my bad...
    That would be great to meet people from this forum! I would really love to do that. But I'm afraid you would find me little akward in person :) Let me explain... I have heard many times that Finnish people are considered weird and rude by the people from countries with more open socializing. We really suck in small talk and we don't find pauses, even long pauses akward in the middle of the conversation as our culture thinks it's ok to shut up even in company if don't have an opinion to some discussion :)
    Then people from other cultures tend to think we are a weird nation of autism :)

But seriously that would be great. Perhaps someday I can fly there to meet some of the fellow hunters over there.
    Sounds to me like a few million Americans could benefit from following Finnish culture. Too many here don't know when to shut up.

There was one standing on the road 300 yards before our home when I was returning from the hunt :)
    works that way 'cause you were hunting not gathering
    Go Cowboys go