Thread: pic because the light was good

pic because the light was good

pipeline ROW pasture, soon

On a good note, the knee seems OK. I put barbed wire on the hill on the tractor side tonight. Only got as far as across the creek and up the other side a bit, but it was the part that sucked. MF (multiflora) and the creek is a 2' wide stream that is 10 feet down steep embankments. No, one cannot drive a tractor across it. I can run out around so I dropped posts off on the other side. I am going tree to tree, but the trees are not always where I need them, and I have a line tree that is called a Penns Tree, meaning it was here when William Penn got here, and I dont want to punch holes in him.

Yes it looks like a rifle range, but I can only get a lazer to read 249 yds and I have 200 just out the basement door. If I could have gotten three, there would be a bench and a backstop.

And the leg eating log pile.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Re: pic because the light was good

Use the 249yds and scale your targets down by one sixth..............you will think you are shooting at 300.

Nice country btw.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

That is good light.
    Glad your knee is healing.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
    Use the 249yds and scale your targets down by one sixth..............you will think you are shooting at 300.

Nice country btw.
    I can shoot 200 with targets that are already scaled down. A SR @ 200 is the same sight picture as a SR-3 at 300 as a MR-1 at 600

http://bcsingleshot.com/NRA_HP_Targets.pdf

Pretty
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Looks like a good place for a deer stand where you are standing in the picture, I have tractor envy too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

There is a stand just off property line to the right. Its a large covered stand. The owner is crippled and comes in on his quad. I dont care if he is hunting on me from there because he is a neighbor and a decent guy. There are fresh deer tracks at the bottom of the valley on the right and another path of hoof prints left of center. The stand that I hunt would be about 350 yds if you left there on a 315 deg bearing and walked to the top of the ridge. I can hobble pretty much downhill to the basement bathroom in the house pretty quick from there at 915AM. Ya gotta have the priorities right.

Mahindra 3510. Best investment I made for doing what I do with the property 14 years ago. Besides maintenance, I have replaced a battery, had the hyd controller rebuilt, and replaced hoses I screwed up and she has taken a licking. Since the house and barn went in she has had a easy life mostly plowing snow, getting wood, and brush hogging, now that the OD woodburner is out of the picture, and the skid steer started to live here, its brush hog, post hole digger and snow removal. Last 2 years there hasnt been any snow removal to speak of either.
    Last edited by Varmintmist; 05-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.

I think that is the same tractor my FIL has, he has been happy with his also.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    I think that is the same tractor my FIL has, he has been happy with his also.
    The 10 series were rebadged as Mahindra but are TYM tractors. TYM is S. Korean and they make the JD transmissions. Engines were Deadong I guess now they run Yanmar like Deere does. I'm a fan. For the year... Paint isnt as good as Deere. Sheet metal isnt as good of quality. Getting the power to the ground and front end lift is better than comparable priced or sized Deere or Kub.