Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a run in with a Liberal fanatic

Had a run in with a Liberal fanatic

A guy I've known for a few years came over to the house to drink coffee and chew the fat. He got off on politics, I promise I didn't bring it up. He starts spouting off about what a liar Trump is and he said something to the effect that he didn't go to his sister's house for Easter because they were all Trumpites. I made the mistake of saying I voted for him too. And the defecation hit the Rotary Oscillator. He got up from the chair mumbling about Trump being a lying SOB, I thought we were going to fist city for a minute and I never got a word in edge wise except to say that my main reason for voting for Trump was because Hillary was going to pick a crazy liberal for the SCOTUS. But he stormed out the door and drove off. Wow! Just WOW!!! In my opinion he is a brain washed libtard. At the least he's single minded and won't listen to other opinions. Hell, I'll listen to Libtards all day, but they rarely make a good point with me. But I will listen. When you won't even listen you don't know enough to argue intelligently. Hollering and storming off is not within reason.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-19-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

That is unfortunate, but not surprising these days. People like to stay in their comfortable bubbles and not have their own opinions challenged.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Re: Had a run in with a Liberal fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    That is unfortunate, but not surprising these days. People like to stay in their comfortable bubbles and not have their own opinions challenged.
    Alpha, you catch your share of hell around here for your views, but I have to hand it to you, you're cool headed and you will listen to both sides. Like me, you've generally got your mind mostly made up, but at least you hear the talking points of the opposite side and I thank you for that. But this guy was just over the top and could not make a single point in his favor. Yelling Trump's a Lying sob without giving some good examples is not making a point .

If we can't even talk, we are a lost civilization.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-19-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Well, I actually believe the guy is right about Trump being a liar ... but not near as bad as Hildabeast.

I do not like Trump but I HATE Hildabeast. Come to think of it I don't no of any professional politician I'd trust or would piss on if they were on fire. The quality of leadership we have today is the lowest bunch of self serving scum and gets worse each year. Nobody with any morals and common decency wants to get in the mud with them ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

He's just doing his part to make sure socialized medicine keeps chugging along- - - - - -where would big pharma be without the need to supply the liberal snowflakes with truckloads of blood pressure meds and trainloads of Prozac to treat Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Jerry
    The masochist says "HIT ME! The sadist says "NO!"
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

We speak of these snowflakes and a little thought is some of these wacky snowflakes are some of the first generation to come of age after riding the Ritalin/Adderall/etc train. You gotta wonder what the chemical changes in their brains is doing ... besides the crap they had feed to them in school and by the liberal media.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

I think that being wrong for prolonged amounts of time causes politicopsychosis.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NCFUBAR View Post
    You gotta wonder what the chemical changes in their brains is doing ...
    Roman elitists kept the masses in check with "Bread and circuses". Wouldn't the modern equivalent be "Pills and video games"?
    Jerry
    The masochist says "HIT ME! The sadist says "NO!"
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

Anyone who gets that emotionally invested in the outcome of an election is deranged and possibly dangerous
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    A guy I've known for a few years came over to the house to drink coffee and chew the fat. He got off on politics, I promise I didn't bring it up. He starts spouting off about what a liar Trump is and he said something to the effect that he didn't go to his sister's house for Easter because they were all Trumpites. I made the mistake of saying I voted for him too. And the defecation hit the Rotary Oscillator. He got up from the chair mumbling about Trump being a lying SOB, I thought we were going to fist city for a minute and I never got a word in edge wise except to say that my main reason for voting for Trump was because Hillary was going to pick a crazy liberal for the SCOTUS. But he stormed out the door and drove off. Wow! Just WOW!!! In my opinion he is a brain washed libtard. At the least he's single minded and won't listen to other opinions. Hell, I'll listen to Libtards all day, but they rarely make a good point with me. But I will listen. When you won't even listen you don't know enough to argue intelligently. Hollering and storming off is not within reason.
    It is really disheartening to see and hear all the vile rhetroic coming form those on the Left. They will not tolerate any conversation or defense or even question their understanding of recent events. So much disinformation is being percolated online today and these fanatics are jumping on every bit as if it were all proven gospel. There is yet to be made, with substance, of any of the multiple accusations of criminal wrong doing regarding the President. Our Nation is so divided and I am very tired of the Left calling anyone that doesn't toe their line, stupid, white supremist, racists, homophobic, etc, et... ad nauseum. The "Party of Tolerance and Inclusion" is anything but those things. IMHO They hate our guns but mark my words, the next revolutionary violence will start from the Left.

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    It is really disheartening to see and hear all the vile rhetoric coming form those on the Left. They will not tolerate any conversation or defense or even question their understanding of recent events. So much disinformation is being percolated online today and these fanatics are jumping on every bit as if it were all proven gospel. There is yet to be made, with substance, of any of the multiple accusations of criminal wrong doing regarding the President. Our Nation is so divided and I am very tired of the Left calling anyone that doesn't toe their line, stupid, white supremacist, racists, homophobic, etc, et... ad nauseum. The "Party of Tolerance and Inclusion" is anything but those things. IMHO They hate our guns but mark my words, the next revolutionary violence will start from the Left.
    WORD.

I'm sure I'll find things to complain about from the Right soon enough - but for now I'm SICK AND TIRED of Liberals. They've just gone full retard post-election, esp. in California!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by pjames777 View Post
    It is really disheartening to see and hear all the vile rhetroic coming form those on the Left. They will not tolerate any conversation or defense or even question their understanding of recent events. So much disinformation is being percolated online today and these fanatics are jumping on every bit as if it were all proven gospel. There is yet to be made, with substance, of any of the multiple accusations of criminal wrong doing regarding the President. Our Nation is so divided and I am very tired of the Left calling anyone that doesn't toe their line, stupid, white supremist, racists, homophobic, etc, et... ad nauseum. The "Party of Tolerance and Inclusion" is anything but those things. IMHO They hate our guns but mark my words, the next revolutionary violence will start from the Left.
    I generally agree. It seems every cycle gets worse. Clinton Derangement Syndrome was bad, but Bush DS was worse, then Obama DS made it look trivial and I didn't think it could get any worse, now Trump DS is WAY off the charts it's insane!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

I generally agree. It seems every cycle gets worse. Clinton Derangement Syndrome was bad, but Bush DS was worse, then Obama DS made it look trivial and I didn't think it could get any worse, now Trump DS is WAY off the charts it's insane!
    I agree wholeheartedly. We now have what I consider to be an insurmountable divide between the two parties and their competing ideologies. People are just unwilling to even consider that the other side might have even one valid concern or a good idea and what's worse it's now acceptable to use 100% of your energy to impede ANY cooperation or progress for the benefit of the people.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

It's not because we feel comfortable in our bubbles. It's because each side is dead set against compromise and thinks the other side is totally wrong about everything, and destructive to the existing order of things. I am in that category of entrenched political ideology, and I will fight the commie-Marxist left for as long as I live.
    I DISLIKED COMMUNISTS BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    Not knowing what your politics was before starting on his rant was downright rude and obnoxious....typical leftist eh-hole. Or maybe he knew and just wanted to put a burr in your saddle....LOL
    I DISLIKED COMMUNISTS BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES

If both sides of citizens would take all this "energy" and not be stirred by the few agitators and media and direct to the leadership both Dem and Rep demanding they do what they were elected to do instead of whining and sticking their noses in crappé like steroids in baseball or such the country would at least be turned in the right direction. But NOOOOO, they get a couple of whiners to start a "social media" thing and it goes bezerk across the country while real problems go unanswered. False Flag ops are now being used by individual groups so effective that title gets done.
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Not knowing what your politics was before starting on his rant was downright rude and obnoxious....typical leftist eh-hole. Or maybe he knew and just wanted to put a burr in your saddle....LOL
    He had that crazy fanatical look in his eyes, that uncompromising, steadfast made up my mind look, he just got up threw his coffee in the sink and shoved the cup down the drain board and turned around and walked out mumbling about Trump being a Lying SOB. I was still seated at the table and I figured he just walked out to take a smoke break, but I went to the door and he was gone. He seriously was in no mood to hear any counter argument on the subject. That's the kind of stuff I hate is when somebody has their mind made up so strongly that they immediately consider anything I have to say as BS. In other words my opinion is worthless. If I'd realized what was happening when he walked out the door I would have shouted, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!"

These days, I'm trying to limit my focus to nothing much but promises kept, regardless of who made them, or what their motives are for keeping them. We are so near to the edge of political oblivion that it is foolish to get too invested in every soap opera that the media tries to sell us. Figuring out who is right and who is wrong is a luxury that we can't afford, once half of the population has drunk the Utopian kool-aid that about 2/3 of our elected politicians have been dispensing...while firmly entrenching themselves as an elite ruling class.

Thankfully, most of my friends and family are jovial rednecks who blame government for everything bad that has ever happened. That is like the broken clock that is right twice a day - it may not stand up too well, intellectually, but as a default position, it does stand the test of time pretty well.

Trump IS a lying SOB. He was right about that part but he didn't have to be a jerk about it. That is like being pissed off because the sky is blue. Were you trying to tell him that he isn't?
    Вернём Америке былое величие

There IS a bright side to this, snake284. At least your acquaintance
    had the balls to let you know where he stands. How many other people would have smiled
    to your face, then stabbed you in the back, at the first opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Anyone who gets that emotionally invested in the outcome of an election is deranged and possibly dangerous
    This.
    People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    No, he wasn't rational enough in his response to think that far ahead. Me thinks me old friend Don't be kin to Einstein,

Last edited by snake284; 05-20-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    Trump IS a lying SOB. He was right about that part but he didn't have to be a jerk about it. That is like being pissed off because the sky is blue. Were you trying to tell him that he isn't?
    Nope, I told him so what, there's a bunch of Lying aholes in DC. Of course when I referred to Hitlery as also a lying ahole , that's when he really became irrational. That's when the LIBTARD Alarm went off in my head!!! That's when I knew his political leanings for sure.

No, actually, I didn't even try to defend Trump so much as I tried to show him the democrats don't exactly have a handle on the truth either. Actually I don't know if I would call Trump a big liar or not. He IS a piss poor speaker in my opinion, he continually repeats himself and he does brag every chance he gets. This is irritating to me and I can see where it would make some people think he was a liar, among a few other things.

However, he has, in my opinion, made a very viable attempt to keep his campaign promises. That is definitely something in his favor. He did have a blip with healthcare. Throwing his support behind that first attempt to replace Obama Care the way he did he lost a lot of support from conservatives, at least for the short run.

But I think Trump is trying very hard not only to get his promises done and at the same time trying to unite the Republican party, mainly because I think he does know that if he wants to have a prayer of getting re-elected he needs to get as much of his promises done as possible, and he won't unless he gets the entire party behind him or at least the majority.

But one problem he has is he is having to learn just what a conservative is. He never really was one, but I think he wants to be thought of as one. When he backed that first effort to replace Obama Care he thought he was doing a great thing. He didn't understand how conservatives viewed the bill. He didn't see that it just wasn't conservative enough.

But now he's come back and is making another attempt to help create a bill that the vast majority of Republicans AND Libertarians and even some Democrats can live with. He's learning, albeit slowly, but he is making the effort and if most of us will have patience with him I think he will get there.

But I won't try to tell you he's a saint. He may yet be kin to Pinocchio. However, I really don't care as long as he gets most of what he promised us he would do done. If we wait around for a BOY SCOUT to be president, we might have a very long wait.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-21-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Snake-- Trump is a liar. He says one thing and says the exact opposite 10 minutes later. Literally. No exaggeration. He may have some merits to him, but truth telling is not one of them. Quit embarrassing yourself.
    Вернём Америке былое величие

Liberal fanatics are Marxist, once you accept this,why would want to have a political
    discussion with one. Liberalism/Marxism,Man made global warming all represent the Religion of the left. Don't waste your time!!

Quote Originally Posted by 104RFAST View Post
    Liberal fanatics are Marxist, once you accept this,why would want to have a political
    discussion with one. Liberalism/Marxism,Man made global warming all represent the Religion of the left. Don't waste your time!!
    100%

Snake-- Trump is a liar. He says one thing and says the exact opposite 10 minutes later. Literally. No exaggeration. He may have some merits to him, but truth telling is not one of them. Quit embarrassing yourself.
    I agree...but...when I reluctantly decided to vote for him, I honestly believed that if he kept his promise about the Supreme Court, he would be better than any of the alternatives, and that any other promises kept before the impeachment run-up started would be a bonus.

He has done that, and more, regardless of being a an inept politician. Yes, he lies, and I hate that part of him, but he is still not worse than the alternative.

I have a grandniece that was like the. Thankfully, she lives in another state and our only contact was via Facebook. She got so bad, even before the election got started, that I got sick of it and unfriended her.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Hey, he may be new at this, but he's still a politician, maybe a newbie politician but still a politician. There's bigger liars than him out there. I still say, he's not that big of a liar if he is one, but he talks before he thinks and so he is continually correcting himself. I already said he's a piss poor speaker. He keeps repeating himself and that drives me crazy. But guess what? I didn't vote for him for his speaking skills. That would be akin to what some women do, vote for the best looking candidate. Well phooey, put sack on his head and call him HANDSOME!

He's a man of action, his talk is something I pretty much overlook. And again, I really don't give a rat's behind as long as he does what he said he would do during his campaign or dies trying.

He already gave us his biggest and most important campaign promise. He gave us a good conservative SCOTUS Justice. Now he's bound and determined to do away with Obummer care and give us a better program. I will be happy if we break even, but it won't take a real great effort to come up with something better. He got off to a shakey start on it, but he's stuck it out and I have a good feeling about his success with it.

Oh yeah, did I mention illegal immigration is down 70% since Trump took office? Another campaign promise he's having great luck with fulfilling. Now if the libtards will leave him alone he will make great strides keeping potentially dangerous terrorists out of the country. That's something most people with even a little grey matter between their ears will be in favor of.

All this to say nothing of his increasing pressure on ISIS and all the Islamic Radical groups. And still, if nothing else he can spit out the phrase, RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST with out bowing toward Mecca and asking Allah for forgiveness, another great accomplishment we wouldn't be enjoying if Hitlery would have won!!!

Now, if he does something great with the IRS, like disband it or at least have the tax code simplfied to where I could do my taxes in one evening without risking a fine or prison time, he will really be over the top and probably be a shoe-in for 2020 and Congress will still be in Republican hands after 2018.

So whatever anybody says about him he has already proven to me that I voted right. And I really don't give a flying fornication if his nose grows to be a mile long, as long as his actions are true. And if you compare his truth telling, or lack there of, to who he beat in the election, it's not even a contest. If Hillary was Pinocchio her nose would be 100 yards long.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-21-2017 at 10:13 PM.