Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had a run in with a Liberal fanatic

Re: Had a run in with a Liberal fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 104RFAST View Post
    Liberal fanatics are Marxist, once you accept this,why would want to have a political
    discussion with one. Liberalism/Marxism,Man made global warming all represent the Religion of the left. Don't waste your time!!

OK, fair enough and I agree. But I had no idea going in how big a libtard the guy was. In fact I had no idea of his political leanings. We were talking civily about some old times and just chewing the fat in general. I had the TV on fox. It's actually in the other room, but he heard Trump on it. He immediately started to lose it. Then he went into RANT mode. He kept saying "That's a Lying SOB! That's a Lying SOB! The mistake I made was saying all politicians lie. And then I really stepped in the doo-doo! I admitted voting for Trump and he went balistic. I never saw it coming.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-21-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

snake,

The problem with Trump is that he is ignorant about too many things. He isn't stupid - he makes pretty good decisions, once he shuts up for long enough to get the necessary information, and process it. He is also probably a pretty good thinker. He just hasn't read a lot of good books, didn't study history enough, and hasn't always learned from his mistakes, because people were afraid to point them out to him.

None of this disqualifies him from being a good president, if he listens to the right people, and keeps working as hard as he has been, so far.

I enjoy seeing people talk about politics and saying, "The problem is..."

I am a conservative, and I wish I knew what the exact problem was. Seriously, it is just the Republican's turn at the wheel, we have our ideas how things whould be, while liberals have theirs. The back and forth of government keeps us somewhere in the middle. It is entertaining to watch liberal news and entertainment with a conservative eye, and sometimes I just sit there and smile... it's almost sadistic.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDanS View Post
    I enjoy seeing people talk about politics and saying, "The problem is..."
    Well, I could keep saying, "In my opinion, the problem is...," but I thought everyone already understood that most posts are opinions, especially mine. Besides, I realize that most of the time, I'm just talking to myself, anyway.

Opinions are like- - - -umm- - - -"noses". Everybody has one, and they tend to be smelly. Just because a politician panders to a particular set of prejudices to get our votes doesn't necessarily make him a friend with our best interests at heart. We just have to pick the least stinky turd to bless with our support, or we can always insist on searching for someone so ideologically pure to follow that he/she has no chance of winning. That sort of defeats our purposes, doesn't it? Let's get so exercised because the guy we agree with with 70% of the time isn't perfect, that the self-serving criminals stay in power. Isn't that sort of stupid?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    I agree...but...when I reluctantly decided to vote for him, I honestly believed that if he kept his promise about the Supreme Court, he would be better than any of the alternatives, and that any other promises kept before the impeachment run-up started would be a bonus.

He has done that, and more, regardless of being a an inept politician. Yes, he lies, and I hate that part of him, but he is still not worse than the alternative.
    I agree, and wouldn't it be just peachy if Ginsberg failed to wake from one of her infamous naps, and Trump got to seat another pro 2nd amendment Judge on the SCOTUS.

When it comes to friends and family I try to refrain from speaking about politics or religion - ESPECIALLY in the home. My family, including friends and acquaintances, are a mixed bag of liberals and conservatives, libertarians etc. Some are pretty solid on their convictions and others are laid back or could care less. Far too many times I've seen relatives and friends blow up on the stupidity of discussing politics and religion in the home and end up not speaking to one another for weeks or months over such nonsense. Much rather talk about fishing, hunting or family than become just another hothead. Sometimes it's best to feign agreement on issues and just move on to something more benign.

Banned

That's a wise decision, I try to do the same. But sometimes something going out of the control, you know. Now It is really difficult to avoid the discussion because of an abundance of media with their propaganda. They are spreading the ideas that are needed for their owners. When I see that something going wrong, we just switch to another topic, like sports.

Quote Originally Posted by templar View Post
    That's a wise decision, I try to do the same. But sometimes something going out of the control, you know. Now It is really difficult to avoid the discussion because of an abundance of media with their propaganda. They are spreading the ideas that are needed for their owners. When I see that something going wrong, we just switch to another topic, like sports.
    You are NOT in Denver and your IP address is already reported as a spammer. Bye...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

" Well.....that was fast..."
    " Yeah...everybody could shoot..."
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"