Thread: Joe Lieberman leading pack for FBI director position

Joe Lieberman leading pack for FBI director position

Wonder what the liberals will find wrong with this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...friday-n761716
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Re: Joe Lieberman leading pack for FBI director position

Dems are already saying NO
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Joe Lieberman is wishy-washy on everything but Israel. He has voted for most every liberal plan that did not punish Israel in some way. He is a nice guy, but very political, and too old. The only reason the Dems are against him is because they fear he might be honest. I think he does try to be honest, but that he has that politician's ability to delude himself, whenever necessary.

I want to see a tough, middle-aged man with an impeccable prosecutorial and investigative background. Lieberman is a bad choice, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver43 View Post
    Dems are already saying NO
    But, but, but, he's one of them.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by bisley View Post
    Joe Lieberman is wishy-washy on everything but Israel. He has voted for most every liberal plan that did not punish Israel in some way. He is a nice guy, but very political, and too old. The only reason the Dems are against him is because they fear he might be honest. I think he does try to be honest, but that he has that politician's ability to delude himself, whenever necessary.

I want to see a tough, middle-aged man with an impeccable prosecutorial and investigative background. Lieberman is a bad choice, in my opinion.
    They probably are still pissed off about his endorsement of John McCain. I would be disappointed if Trump actually hired Lieberman. He needs to stay with the conservatives for his appointments.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    They probably are still pissed off about his endorsement of John McCain. I would be disappointed if Trump actually hired Lieberman. He needs to stay with the conservatives for his appointments.
    Parading Lieberman as the leading candidate for the post could be a ploy. If Trump appoints someone who is conservative and has solid credentials, the dems will make a big fuss. He can then point out that they were making a big fuss when he was considering someone much more moderate.
    Jerry

Lieberman is rabid anti-gun and anti-2A. I wouldn't trust him to guard a fully loaded manure spreader.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Lieberman is rabid anti-gun and anti-2A. I wouldn't trust him to guard a fully loaded manure spreader.
    What Mike said.....bad choice Trump...pick a solid 2nd amendment guy. Besides, he likes McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    Parading Lieberman as the leading candidate for the post could be a ploy. If Trump appoints someone who is conservative and has solid credentials, the dems will make a big fuss. He can then point out that they were making a big fuss when he was considering someone much more moderate.
    That's a very good point! And what Mike said....LOL
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

FBI director is a position for someone with highest level Law Enforcement experience not a wishy-washy politician.

If this is the best we can do, we need to exhume J. Edgar...

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Linefinder View Post
    we need to exhume J. Edgar...
    Hmmmm- - - - -a flaming cross-dresser with a blackmail dossier on everybody who was anybody- - - - - -that act would be hard to follow. I hear Anthony Weiner might be available, though!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Hmmmm- - - - -a flaming cross-dresser with a blackmail dossier on everybody who was anybody- - - - - -that act would be hard to follow. I hear Anthony Weiner might be available, though!
    Jerry
    Yeah, he does have the sicko qualities of J.Edgar, but Wiener's a Libtard! I like Lieberman because he IS honest and he is strong on defense and will not let Israel go to hell, in other words he wouldn't let Iran push us around. But thats not going to be in his MO as FBI Director anyway. And Mike's right about his 2A stand and is the only reason I couldn't go with him in any cabinet post. I like him but no.

What's wrong with the guy that's holding down the post now? McCabe? He is an experienced FBI guy. I think he would be a good choice, just leave him there and make it official. Or is that too easy and makes too much sense?
    Last edited by snake284; 05-22-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBobCo View Post
    But, but, but, he's one of them.
    Not really. I mean yeah Socially, but not foreign policy wise. He's a hawk among Sheep in that view.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Seems like a great spot for Trey Gowdy

Quote Originally Posted by Flashover View Post
    Seems like a great spot for Trey Gowdy
    But Trey and one of my senators are like when the quarterback told the team in the huddle he gonna give dat ball to Leroy. Leroy say he don't want dat ball. Hehehehe. Same with Trey Gowdy and John Cornyn, they say give dat ball to somebody else, they don't want dat ball! HeHeHe.

I still say give it to Andrew McCabe the acting director. He wants it, you can see it in his eyes. See how he does with it. He knows more than anybody about what's going on there. If he doesn't work out demote him or fire him. Trump fired Comey he can fire another one. But give the guy a chance. He may be better than JEH.
    Last edited by snake284; 05-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Lieberman has gone on record saying that if he' selected for FBI director that he will get the FBI involved in gun control and do an end run around Congress and the Constitution and get the assault weapons reinstated 'by other means'. Just what we need in the position of FBI Director; a man who willingly wipes his nasty butt with the Constitution.
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tennmike View Post
    Lieberman has gone on record saying that if he' selected for FBI director that he will get the FBI involved in gun control and do an end run around Congress and the Constitution and get the assault weapons reinstated 'by other means'. Just what we need in the position of FBI Director; a man who willingly wipes his nasty butt with the Constitution.
    Trump can't possibly be serious about this. If he nominated Lieberman and he was confirmed, Trumps presidency would be finished in the eyes of those that elected him. This has to be a smokescreen for something else.

Probably threw it up there as part of his trip prep for Israel, and to confuse the liberals (I hope). Lieberman might have been his daughter's or SIL's choice. I think he will probably have a letter from the NRA waiting for him when he gets back, and won't seriously consider him...I hope.