Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .50 cal flintlock vs. groundhog

Logansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa Florida

Re: .50 cal flintlock vs. groundhog

Wow, devastating! If they are not tore up too bad, a small one like that is not bad eating, kind of remind you of rabbit, probably because they eat the same things. Next time use the .36, LOL. Strangely, I have even seen them in trees.............robin

PS: Snake, take your ..50 caliber ML and a pistol with a 6" barrel, one of them should be good for 100 yards, and Luis, keep your powder dry.........rlc
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEN View Post
    Wow, devastating! If they are not tore up too bad, a small one like that is not bad eating, kind of remind you of rabbit, probably because they eat the same things. Next time use the .36, LOL. Strangely, I have even seen them in trees.............robin

PS: Snake, take your ..50 caliber ML and a pistol with a 6" barrel, one of them should be good for 100 yards, and Luis, keep your powder dry.........rlc
    Robin, what I think I'm going to do is take the ML with me at the first of the season when does are in season since I don't walk around anyway, and see if can get a close shot at a doe just to say I killed a deer with it.

After regular rifle season I'll hunt with it in ML season to see if I can get a nice buck with a conical bullet, IF I have any tags left by then. However, if next season is like this season was, that won't be a problem.
    Last edited by snake284; 06-09-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEN View Post

I never have tried groundhog. I can't say that I'd be in a rush to, but I could see what you're saying being the case.

As for the method of take on this one, it was a case of target of opportunity at the range. Of course, it was the one time in a while that I didn't take me .36 cal with me. Go figure!

Now, seeing one in a tree: THAT, I've never seen.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.