Thread: 'This is war': Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack

'This is war': Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack

We got us some good Sheriff's here in FLA...............some are ate up with PC, but not this fine lawman.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/10...se-attack.html
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: 'This is war': Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack

Wayne Ivey is our sheriff, for the past several years he has been on TV, telling people to arm themselves, go to the range and practice, etc.

There are several other sheriff's, police chief's here in central Fl. that have also been on TV telling people the same thing.

Central Fl. is a heavy pro gun area.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Re: 'This is war': Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack

It's about time an "official" admitted what most of us here have known for a WHILE
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

That's our sheriff - and its not the first time he's said this publicly. My wife actually met him a few months back.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    That's our sheriff - and its not the first time he's said this publicly. My wife actually met him a few months back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Telling it like it is. You don't see this very often.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Unfortunately our guy needs to be removed, extremely anti-gun. Unfortunately, come election time, those running against him cannot compete with his war chest
    NRA Benefactor Member

Banned

"Controversial" my ass Fox!

It seems a shame the Sherif has to tell people what they should already know,
    by now. OTOH, here in NC Florida, it's quiet, when you hear gunfire, it's somebody
    shooting at their own range.

My sheriff and former boss is all about Amendment 2. So is the whole office. Every 4th of July, they fire a cannon in town which is loud and causes a lot of phone calls, but there it is. Hell, it's our nation's birthday. He's very popular, too...I live in a Republican county (Oconee Co., GA) with low crime which increases confidence in ALL Amendments. He'll retire after this term and will be missed.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Sheriff Clark in Milwaukee has been saying that for years, and he's a Democrat!!

The local police and sheriffs encourage and help people get concealed carry permits, makes there job easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    Sheriff Clark in Milwaukee has been saying that for years, and he's a Democrat!!

The local police and sheriffs encourage and help people get concealed carry permits, makes there job easier!
    Only Democrat I have ever voted for was the Sheriff back in Ohio. When Ohio passed their CCW law, Sheriff Wilson set up his office immediately to get people their licenses quickly. While the other Sheriff's were handing out paper licenses, Sheriff Wilson invested in the equipment to give out actual plastic cards just like a drivers license.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson