Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two inmates shoot and kill two corrections officers

Two inmates shoot and kill two corrections officers

This happened a few miles from where I live, about an hour away. The inmates were on a prison bus being transported somewhere and overpowered the two armed guards and killed them. They then either carjacked or stole a pale green Honda Civic and reportedly broke into a house and stole clothing.

The remaining 32 prisoners didn't leave the bus and it was a few hours before the crime was known to have occurred.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atla...unty/532858908
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Re: Two inmates shoot and kill two corrections officers

The facility may want to reconsider their transportation procedures.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Supposedly the guard area is shut off from the inmate area, I guess by a cage. It's not know at this time how the inmates got into the guard area. It's a state prison and they have to move prisoners around somehow.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Supposedly the guard area is shut off from the inmate area, I guess by a cage. It's not know at this time how the inmates got into the guard area. It's a state prison and they have to move prisoners around somehow.
    Pretty fair bet that not a lot of effort is going to be expended in recapturing them alive....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

There's a $60K reward for them.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Does the reward specify what condition they need to be in?
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 06-14-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

It's called "died while resisting arrest".
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    Just an old fart making the PC Patrol earn their pay!

Reward is up to $130K. Lots of money so if you know who they are hiding, now's your chance to make a buck.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Caught in Shelby, TN! After a home invasion up there and a chase. In custody.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Both were captured near Shelbyville Tennessee after a high speed chase on Interstate 24 with shots fired at police. That's just rural enough for them to be in about as much danger from the citizens as from the cops. Apparently they had carjacked somebody in Shelbyville and the vehicle was spotted.

They "surrendered without incident" after crashing the car and trying to run through a wooded area. That's about 50 miles from our place.
    Jerry

Great work, TN. If they'd attempted to home invade your house, you would have collected a cool $130K. If they'd been so foolish. You never can tell.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Just like the Boy Scouts- - - -"Be Prepared!" Several equalizers within a few steps, in several places in the house!
    Jerry

It took them three days and several felonies to get out of GA. Last picture I saw, they were on the ground on their bellies and sucking pavement in Shelbyville, TN. They'll get the death penalty, richly deserved. One of the guards they killed had been an Infantry officer in the US Army according to the photograph of him. Lots of prison tattoos on the perps. The one with the beard had shaved it off.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

This story says the were captured by a homeowner and held at gunpoint for the police

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...l-arrests.html
    Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said late Thursday that the homeowner caught Donnie Rowe and Ricky Dubose trying to steal his vehicle.
    Miller says the escaped Georgia inmates had crashed a car while being chased by law enforcement and fled on foot into woods along Interstate 24 near the rural community of Christiana.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Kudos to him for getting enough of a drop on them that he didn't have to shoot them. Knowing their history, I'm not sure that I would have been quite as accommodating.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Kudos to him for getting enough of a drop on them that he didn't have to shoot them. Knowing their history, I'm not sure that I would have been quite as accommodating.
    Anothe good guy with a gun takin care of business and saving the day
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    This story says the were captured by a homeowner and held at gunpoint for the police

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...l-arrests.html
    Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said late Thursday that the homeowner caught Donnie Rowe and Ricky Dubose trying to steal his vehicle.
    Miller says the escaped Georgia inmates had crashed a car while being chased by law enforcement and fled on foot into woods along Interstate 24 near the rural community of Christiana.
    FOX has a story about the homeowner holding them at gun point, but MSN, etc, give no mention of it. Give all the credit to police. Go figure!!

They had to believe he was looking for an excuse to shoot. Knowing that they are toast for killing the guards, they obviously intended to shoot it out, rather than go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al1 View Post
    FOX has a story about the homeowner holding them at gun point, but MSN, etc, give no mention of it. Give all the credit to police. Go figure!!
    Well I'm just shocked!!!

Yep, the Noo Yawk Slimes edited out the part about two armed citizens accomplishing the actual capture. They were trying to steal another car when an armed homeowner and his neighbor caught them. Apparently they lost their weapons in the car crash shortly before being captured, so they were just a couple of cowardly thugs without their deadly toys.
    Jerry

Well I'm just shocked!!!
    After their capture, I saw an interview with the Sheriff of Putnam, Co., where they escaped. He made no mention of two men making the capture. This was right after they were captured, probably because the story was still developing. Which may explain why this information was missing from the MSM; it was about press time when it came out.

I hope this is the case. I would like to see some brave civilians cash in on that reward money.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Bravo for Bill Miller of the TN HP and ABC for giving the civilians credit.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/escaped-geo...ry?id=48055236

"Bill Miller, of the Tennessee Highway Patrol, said the inmates were captured at the home after being help at gunpoint by the homeowner, who asked for help from his neighbor who also had a firearm. The suspects were detained until the authorities arrived."

A Nashville TV news station broadcast the 9-1-1 call from the elderly man who was tied up and terrorized, along with his wife. He was remarkably calm, given what he had been through, giving a description of the vehicle they stole, the guns they carried, etc. The thugs spent a few hours in their home, and stole clothes, jewelry and other items, and their car. Apparently it was the one they wrecked during the high speed chase.
    Jerry

Well I'm just shocked!!!
    Shhhhh Guys, we can't have the public knowing that gun owners can actually aid the police in doing their job! That goes against the Dummycrap Agenda!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    A Nashville TV news station broadcast the 9-1-1 call from the elderly man who was tied up and terrorized, along with his wife. He was remarkably calm, given what he had been through, giving a description of the vehicle they stole, the guns they carried, etc. The thugs spent a few hours in their home, and stole clothes, jewelry and other items, and their car. Apparently it was the one they wrecked during the high speed chase.
    Jerry
    Their Rap Sheet is a mile long. Now watch all the Wimpy Bleeding Heart Libtards come out of the wood work trying to get their death sentence commuted. These guys need to die before they escape again and kill more innocent people.

John Walsh of America's Most Wanted who lost a son to a scumbag serial killer, said of Ted Bundy that if they would have executed him the first time they caught him about 40 women would be alive today. The known number he murdered for sure is about 30, but it is believed that number could be 3 times that high, and after he was caught and excaped he killed a bunch more. Edited: I was mistaken. I've read Bundy's story before but it's been awhile and I was assuming I remembered correctly. But Bundy didn't have a death sentence commuted, he escaped before his trial and ended up in Florida, where like a dumbass, he continued his killing. A lot of law enforcement people believe if he'd quit killing when he came to Florida he would never been caught up with for the western murders.

However, if they would have given him his death sentence the first time he was caught and carried it out in a timely manner, a bunch more women would have still been alive. That's what John Walsh said. However, sometimes the wheels of justice move slower than we want.

Bleeding Hearts need to STFU.
    Last edited by snake284; 06-17-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

There are those who oppose the death penalty. We had a guy who had been sentenced to death and the would come around the SO to look for errors because they sincerely though the death penalty was wrong. We co-operated with them freely (as we legally had to) and treated them with dignity. They were almost all young lawyers and grateful to us for treating them decently.

Then there was the guy with the sentence. He was executed after probably 10 or 11 years of appeals. He used to get love letters from all over the world from strange women who were attracted to men sentenced to death.

Anyway, he got the needle, cursing us in his last statement. He made the mistake of asking for the death penalty at his trial and this request was granted, somewhat to his surprise. He stayed in our jail for a number of years as he manipulated the system so he could get decent meals and was the only guy in our jail with the DP on him which gave him a certain status among the other prisoners. He was a white supremacist who killed a white guy who refused to kill a black guy. A gang type thing and he played a Charlie Manson role. The other members got life. Strange, but to his bad luck did it in our county where he relied, unwisely, on the hearts and minds of an Oconee County jury.

I doubt these two will gather any bleeding hearts other than the usual DP opponents, given the nature of their crimes but we'll see. Expect them to live another ten years or so.
    Last edited by Gene L; 06-16-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

I've been a DP fence rider. I recently read a book about the NYC subway killer. Cant recall the guys name. His dad, also a killer killed himself in a mess botched escape. At the end of the book it was impossible for me not to think they'd a both been better off dead on the no wait line.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    Great work, TN. If they'd attempted to home invade your house, you would have collected a cool $130K. If they'd been so foolish. You never can tell.

FYI - the sheriff reneged on the reward money. The citizen who captured these two just got stiffed.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

The sheriff isn't the one that offered the money, since they were state prisoners and the officers killed were state employees. Properly, the reward would come from state funds. There may be some question on how the reward is parceled out, since the couple who were home invaded put the TN police on the automobile.

I see where multiple agencies put up the money, but don't see where anyone reneged on it. Source?

Oh, and the person who the inmates surrendered to was armed, but didn't draw his weapon. The murderers surrendered to him possibly because they thought he was a cop. He credits Jesus for their surrender.
    Last edited by Gene L; 06-18-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

From the video at http://www.wsmv.com/

Chris Miller, Channel 4 News Team:
    A 90,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of these men. This morning we are learning that no one will receive that reward.

Here is the sheriff from Bedford County, Georgia

Sheriff Howard R. Sills, Putnam County, Georgia:
    It looks like we going to get saved that money. Because the apprehension was the result of officers seeing them after a crime. So I don’t think that...

Again I appreciate everyone who put that money up. We are very grateful.

In his defense, he said he misspoke and the homeowner should get the money. I'm guessing a few phone calls from his constituents prompted the retraction.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand