Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two inmates shoot and kill two corrections officers

Re: Two inmates shoot and kill two corrections officers

That's a long way from reneging money that's not in his control and an initially misleading post. For some reason for which I suggest you interrogate your own motives for degrading your honesty.

It's not Putnam County's money, although some of it may be the sheriff's. If a LEO had captured him, no $$$$$$. Like I said, there will likely be other claims to the money but it will be paid to whomever. I live about 45 minutes away from where all this happened, and Putnam County is not wealthy and could not very much not put up $130K on their own. Probably that's about the budget for Putnam sheriff's office. It's a small rural county.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    That's a long way from reneging money that's not in his control and an initially misleading post. For some reason for which I suggest you interrogate your own motives for degrading your honesty.
    Jesus Eugene, he said it on camera. Because he retracted his statement 24 hours later doesn't mean he didn't say it.

He's a cop and a politician. He'll say ANYTHING to cover his ass.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Actually, my name IS Eugene, so your calling me that has no sting. I became Gene in the Army.

The sheriff had no skin in the game, no ass to cover. Unlike you. Your credibility is in serious trouble and I understand you trying to salvage it, but clearly you're wrong. Be man enough to admit it.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Just saw that 2 households in TN will each get $10k in reward money. I didn't read the article, just saw the headline on Twitter.(AP)

Actually, my name IS Eugene, so your calling me that has no sting. I became Gene in the Army.

The sheriff had no skin in the game, no ass to cover. Unlike you. Your credibility is in serious trouble and I understand you trying to salvage it, but clearly you're wrong. Be man enough to admit it.

I'm impressed with CaliFFL's pull to be able to generate fake news stories. (sarcasm) Here's a link to what I suspect CaliFFL is refering to.
    http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...d-3523847.html

Gene, you're so eager to rabidly defend the profession of LEO's that you'll argue an issue to the death even after information contrary to what you want to believe is provided to you. Maybe you're the one that needs to man up a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

I heard the sheriff say what is alleged soon after the convicts were captured and that they were captured by LEOs which wouldn't generate a reward. Later when he found out this wasn't the case, he backed up and corrected himself.

I am eager to defend the sheriff against all fraudulent claims, for sure. LE is as much a part of my life as gun ownership is to yours. You defend your views but won't allow me to defend against mine.

There are points in the quoted article that do not sound like responsible journalism: "lying weasel" for example.

But the one lesson we all could learn from this is to not take everything you read at face value.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

I heard the sheriff say what is alleged soon after the convicts were captured and that they were captured by LEOs which wouldn't generate a reward. Later when he found out this wasn't the case, he backed up and corrected himself.

I am eager to defend the sheriff against all fraudulent claims, for sure. LE is as much a part of my life as gun ownership is to yours. You defend your views but won't allow me to defend against mine.

There are points in the quoted article that do not sound like responsible journalism: "lying weasel" for example.

But the one lesson we all could learn from this is to not take everything you read at face value.

My point is that you are flat out calling another member a liar for referencing an article that even you apparently read.

I've called no one a liar on this board or ever to my memory, although I've suspected perhaps a couple, but certainly not CalFFL, who posted the follow up. Cali seems like an honest fellow who has his own views, which IMO are misguided but are not lies. However, even if I feel someone is not telling the truth, I won't call them a liar because it's a word that carries a lot of baggage. I expect the truth from fellow members, and if an untruth is told, it generally can be seen by examining the posts.

Misinformation is not a lie...a lie is intentionally posting something that is intentionally untrue.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

The sheriff isn't the one that offered the money, since they were state prisoners and the officers killed were state employees. Properly, the reward would come from state funds. There may be some question on how the reward is parceled out, since the couple who were home invaded put the TN police on the automobile.

I see where multiple agencies put up the money, but don't see where anyone reneged on it. Source?

Oh, and the person who the inmates surrendered to was armed, but didn't draw his weapon. The murderers surrendered to him possibly because they thought he was a cop. He credits Jesus for their surrender.
    You claim to have read it but you didn't seem to grasp it. I think that your racket is in desperate need of restringing.

I won't argue with you any more. Believe what you want, it's no skin off my nose.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06