Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BREAKING: Greater Yellowstone Grizzle Bear De-listed

Re: BREAKING: Greater Yellowstone Grizzle Bear De-listed

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    One other thing to consider....The guy that kills the first Grizzly will be "famous".

The guy who killed the first "lower 48" wolf in Idaho received 100's of death threats from the PeTA crazies. The local militia camped around his house for a few days to protect him.
    Oh Well, at $10,000, that all leaves me out. But on the bright side, I don't think killing Yogi is my bag of ham hocks. I'd rather a nice white tail or sow. Maybe some day an elk, but if that doesn't ever happen I'll be satisfied killing me a whitetail and a hog every year.

In Texas we have State sponsored draw hunts on TPWD WMAs that you can put in for. They draw so many names a year for each management area, depending on populations at each area. I've been drawn a few times for various Wildlife Management Areas.

Now TPWD has bought a place between here and Port O'Connor that's been the Powder Horn Ranch all my life and now will become a Wildlife Management Area. It used to be part of the King ranch. It of course has copious numbers of white tail and wild hogs, plus a big herd of Axis and Sambar Deer. These exotics are fair game on a TPWD hunt, along with the standard White Tail and hogs.

As soon as this place is opened for hunts I'm putting in every year. You can drive right to it, the gate is about 15 miles from my front door. And if you get drawn you can do it for well under $200. So with opportunities like that who the hell needs a Bear?
    Last edited by snake284; 06-27-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Re: BREAKING: Greater Yellowstone Grizzle Bear De-listed

Quote Originally Posted by Elk creek View Post
    But animals weren't as tough back then, as they are now. Muzzleloaders killed deer back then!

Oh yes they were! When I first started hunting deer back in the 50s, the only way you could kill one of the damn things was roll a granite Bolder off a hill and hope it hit it. A car or maybe an 18 wheeler was the preferred white tail weapon of the day. Remember, before global warming it was colder and deer skin was thicker, making them tougher and harder to kill.

You believe any or all of that, give me a call, because I have some cheap land for sale, oh yeah out in the middle of Matagorda bay,

Last edited by snake284; 06-27-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.