Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dashcam video shows cop's 'brutal attack' of Minnesota motorist, ACLU says

Dashcam video shows cop's 'brutal attack' of Minnesota motorist, ACLU says

Off duty cop should have left this up to uniformed patrol officers to write tickets and investigate.

This thug doesn't deserve to carry a badge and a gun.

http://www.startribune.com/dashcam-v...ays/430187073/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Re: Dashcam video shows cop's 'brutal attack' of Minnesota motorist, ACLU says

I think the two uniformed officers were taken aback by his actions too.

The bully cop sure wouldn't like to be treated that way or one of his family members. Much better ways to have handled the situation. They guy they stopped wasn't an angel fer sure, but the cop delivering corporal punishment on the road because he was mad at the driver tells me he can't handle his anger and I wonder how many times he has done similar things before. He is not the judge and jury on folks.

If a civilian would have caught up to the driver and did that he would have been arrested for assault and battery, no matter who started what.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

Did you look at the whole video! There's almost no traffic in Worthington. Even in the business district - street after street, lined with stores - no traffic. Wow. Just wow.

The taxpayers will be hit with another bill.

Our retired super sleuth will be along shortly to explain that we shouldn't always believe what we see. To the untrained eye,it only looks like the LEO is potentially using an elevated level of force but none of us were there and we don't know the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Barney Fife on steroids!

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

I support our police and 99% do the right thing. But instances like this tarnish them all.

There are also allegations of some of the audio being erased or going blank for periods.

I thought I heard the uniformed officers on audio ask the plainclothes one what was going on and he said the driver gave him some Sxxx or maybe his friend on the task force who radioed him, couldn't make it out.

Doesn't matter how bad the guy driving acted earlier in a road rage incident this arsehole went beyond the pale, no excuse for it.
    Last edited by Big Chief; 06-26-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Forum acting wonky...........double post deleted.
    Last edited by Big Chief; 06-26-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Nothing wrong with defending those in the same profession as you are or retired from, but it is just as important to keep and open mind and accept the fact there are rotten apples in all walks of life.

I wouldn't try and make excuses for or defend all soldiers for bad behavior because I know even though 99% do the right thing, some do not.

I think I'd rather believe this whole thing as beginning on a couple of bar stools. "You drive around and flip off some other motorists. I'll pull you over and violate your civil rights for the camera and we split the settlement 60/40."
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.

In a few weeks, this will quiet down, and the "officer" involved will face no serious consequences.

They'll feed us some BS about "totality of circumstances". The union will cite his previous awards, and nothing else will happen.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

I won't defend the actions of officers in the wrong. I will defend to my last breath officers in the right.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaliFFL View Post
    In a few weeks, this will quiet down, and the "officer" involved will face no serious consequences.

They'll feed us some BS about "totality of circumstances". The union will cite his previous awards, and nothing else will happen.
    Come on Cali!! Don't cha know he only represents just the very few who are bad cops?" You need to embrace the idea of having more cops on the streets - for our "safety" and all. /sarcasm.

Seems odd to me the audio cut out.
    Didn't appear the driver was fighting, so not sure the justification the officer is going to use for the ass beating. The other officer had the look of "oh crap. This is all on camera."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

I believe I'd file a lawsuit that guy obviously wasn't resisting or fighting back. He remained calmer than I would of been that cop would of probally shot me. Come up to my vehicle and reach in and start beating on me I would of fought back without thinking about the consequences. Curious how this will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Seems odd to me the audio cut out.
    Didn't appear the driver was fighting, so not sure the justification the officer is going to use for the ass beating. The other officer had the look of "oh crap. This is all on camera."
    Looked like to me that he looked at the camera and then unplugged his mic for the dash cam.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY

By any modern use of force continuum, nothing in this video is criminal or excessive. Sorry.

Further, none of the strikes delivered by the officer were "brutal". The knee maneuver is called a "knee spike" and is delivered to large muscle groups and likely here it was to the suspects thigh. The elbows aren't elbows, they are a forearm strike. The whole forearm, not the elbow, is used for the impact. It yields a far less damaging and less painful blow. It's intended to be a "distraction" overwhelming the senses to prevent the suspect from maintaining a tactical orientation of his surroundings. Looks like it worked. That dude was completely bewildered.

Further, what was the incident that led to the stop? They were specifically looking for the car and suspect. He done did something. Did he assault someone? Have a weapon originally? Etc etc.

As to that uniform soup sandwich I'd have words with him. He's a meek and complacent idiot incapable of making a decision.

Unless it's discovered the natcotics agent kicked the guys teeth in off camera, this is a perfectly acceptable use of force.

What it looks like and what it is are totally different. Hence why the "reasonable officer" standard is the norm, not "reasonable person".

Attend a LEO defensive tactics class and see what it's about. You might learn something.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Oh because the arrested was just a peaceful citizen going about his day delivering hot meals to homeless shelters and the bad police people decided a roadside wrestle mania would be fun. Gimme a break.

With the amount of armchairing going on this forum lately we need a half off sale to make space for new armchairs.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMPD View Post

Further, what was the incident that led to the stop? Did he assault someone? Have a weapon originally? Etc etc.
    I don't know, yet you seem to have it all figured out
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Oh because the arrested was just a peaceful citizen going about his day delivering hot meals to homeless shelters and the bad police people decided a roadside wrestle mania would be fun. Gimme a break.
    We don't know this, but the look at that arrest after he pulled over I'm guessing he shot up a school.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Mr soup sammich knew damn good and well to stay the hell back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    I don't know, yet you seem to have it all figured out
    No I don't. I gave my analysis of the officers force used.

The OP seems to have it all figured out, declaring the officer doesn't deserve to be a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Mr soup sammich knew damn good and well to stay the hell back.
    Negative. That look is the look of a complacent cop who has never engaged in physical confrontation of any notoriety. They are also from two different agencies, but still being decisively unwilling to engage in an apprehension is the mark of a timid and dangerous (to coworkers) cop.

Maybe the guy doesn't want to be charged as an accessory to aggravated assault? Looks like a smart career move to me.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

Cop is a a$$wipe, This is what happens when a cop loses his perspective when dealing with another a$$wipe. Just ask him to get out of the car, attempting to drag the
    other a$$wipe out of his car was IMO unnecessary at that point. If he refuses to exit the vehicle,then perhaps it's game on.Assault is assault,
    even when the assailant has a badge

It took me five seconds to find this.

http://www.gomn.com/wp-content/uploa...-complaint.pdf

It looks like he tried to run over his girlfriend with the car, and fled from police originally in that car after they came to the scene, and then a couple of other incidental charges.

So, yes, that officers take down of the suspect was more than appropriate for the felony charges.

In the article called him a "motorist". Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by 104RFAST View Post
    Cop is a a$$wipe, This is what happens when a cop loses his perspective when dealing with another a$$wipe. Just ask him to get out of the car, attempting to drag the
    other a$$wipe out of his car was IMO unnecessary at that point. If he refuses to exit the vehicle,then perhaps it's game on.Assault is assault,
    even when the assailant has a badge
    Pretty much no, in all regards.

It looks like he tried to run over his girlfriend with the car, and fled from police originally in that car after they came to the scene, and then a couple of other incidental charges.

So, yes, that officers take down of the suspect was more than appropriate for the felony charges.

He was originally pulled over for tailgating an off-duty cop and flipping him off. These charges were later fabricated to protect the cop from facing any charges. Creating a "felony" justifies the pummeling.

The article also called the sociopath with anger management issues a "police officer" Pfft.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

He was originally pulled over for tailgating an off-duty cop and flipping him off. These charges were later fabricated to protect the cop from facing any charges. Creating a "felony" justifies the pummeling.

The article also called the sociopath with anger management issues a "police officer" Pfft.
    You know this how?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Correction, no domestic violence.

The suspect is alleged to have intentionally driven his car towards and off duty officers vehcile while traveling. I misread he first charge on the indictment.

Still doesn't change the validity of the response level.