Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dashcam video shows cop's 'brutal attack' of Minnesota motorist, ACLU says

Re: Dashcam video shows cop's 'brutal attack' of Minnesota motorist, ACLU says

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMPD View Post
    Correction, no domestic violence.

The suspect is alleged to have intentionally driven his car towards and off duty officers vehcile while traveling. I misread he first charge on the indictment.

Still doesn't change the validity of the response level.
    Not sure what that is. Something like not giving right away when merging with traffic. Happens in Los Angeles on a daily basis, sounds like a case of road rage gone bad.
    Still not enough information. #5 need more input.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Not sure what that is. Something like not giving right away when merging with traffic. Happens in Los Angeles on a daily basis, sounds like a case of road rage gone bad.
    Still not enough information. #5 need more input.

An off duty or plain clothes cop can't be he victim of something?
    I've done plain clothes surveillance work numerous times and have had road ragers go berserk for literally nothing done on my part while driving.
    It's not even remotely possible the guy assaulted the officer with the vehicle?
    The case is a year old. Maybe it's been resolved by now. Your answer may be with the court decision.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

The suspect is alleged to have intentionally driven his car towards and off duty officers vehcile while traveling. I misread he first charge on the indictment.

Sorry, 99% of police officers do the right thing all day long, this time this bozo was in the 1% who don't. What actions did the guy take besides not getting his seat belt off and out of the car fast enough for the plainclothes cop call for this? He walked up calling the guy a MF................ If he was a real threat at the pull over why did the officer holster his gun and the other uniformed officers not draw theirs or help him? They saw what was going on, I believe and didn't want any part of it..........but the Thin Blue Line may require them to protect make excuses for the thug cop.

Unfortunately, the other charges for road rage or whatever happened earlier at a different location may all be dropped because of this. They had him, he pulled over wasn't fighting back and wasn't going anywhere........the plainclothes cop was just pissed off and out to exact some kinda revenge on the guy for what occurred earlier, allegedly.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Oh well, at least he didn't shoot him and claim he "Felt Threatened"...................and may have used his vehicle as a weapon...........maybe the guy should count his blessings and I'm sure he will after he sues and gets a monetary payout.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions

OK Jason, would you or Gene have done what he did knowing what you know about the circumstances so far?

If so why and if not, why not?
    Last edited by Big Chief; 07-01-2017 at 05:07 PM.

For one thing...if you are a LEO and your vocabulary includes the word "mother#@$&er" when dealing with the public...no matter how much they have antagonized you....you probably ought to be doing something else for a living.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

I'm not a road rage kind of guy. I don't know what I would do when faced with road rage, since I've never been the subject of it. If it was road rage; I didn't watch the video so I'm not in a position to comment on it. And probably won't since it's old news.

But if someone tries to run over you with a vehicle, you can call him anything you like.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    For one thing...if you are a LEO and your vocabulary includes the word "mother#@$&er" when dealing with the public...no matter how much they have antagonized you....you probably ought to be doing something else for a living.
    I know it looks like I'm bad mouthing all cops to some, I am not. I appreciate and respect them very much. Nobody can be perfect all the time, don't care who they are. This looks like a bad decision on how he went about detaining/arresting that guy that could have easily been avoided. Police are also held to a higher standard than civilians as well as given the benefit of doubt by law when they take certain actions.

I sometimes used think they use foul language during raids and search warrants into houses to get the attention of those inside and maybe that is all they understand, then again I'm not so sure these days.

Oh because the arrested was just a peaceful citizen going about his day delivering hot meals to homeless shelters and the bad police people decided a roadside wrestle mania would be fun. Gimme a break.

With the amount of armchairing going on this forum lately we need a half off sale to make space for new armchairs.
    I wont defend the officer, but I wont condemn him either. Just like the much larger population that the police are sworn to protect, there are bad apples in law enforcement as well. FYI, every suspect arrested is a law abiding, God fearing mama loving person, so the ACLU can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I have tons of respect for the Police. My boyfriend is a State Trooper and he has to deal with good people, and God awful people every day. I will make judgement once I see the tapes from before the stop, or find out what initiated the arrest to begin with.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Attend a LEO defensive tactics class and see what it's about. You might learn something.
    That word "defensive".... I do not think it means what you think it means... LOL

But seriously, Officers in our agency have been let go for less. If the arrestee is following verbal orders and not offering physical resistance, you have no reason to initiate knee and forearm strikes. FWIW, our last DT class BEGAN with a reminder that *IF* the subject is following verbal orders, we should not initiate with a takedown/strikes/etc.

I agree with previous posters that Mr. "Soup Sandwich" was deciding to make sure he didn't have to go start a new career.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

I dunno. I have a lot of respect for people who do the job and it's usually a thankless one... but to my admittedly untrained eye, this looks a lot like a cop losing it. "Soup sandwich" initiated the pull over and it appeared like things were - at that moment - pretty much under control. Plainclothes (Was he on duty? Where the heck did he come from? ) came rushing past and escalated the situation into something it hadn't been yet. I saw no resisting, but I did see nine blows dealt to the 'suspect'. Plainclothes appeared to me to be the only aggressor in the situation. Had the dude complied immediately with plainclothes' shouted demands and gotten "the out of the car", it seems probable that he would have received a much more thorough beating... or worse. Plainclothes was pretty amped.
    Tim Mason

Quote Originally Posted by coolgunguy View Post
    Had the dude complied immediately with plainclothes' shouted demands and gotten "the out of the car", it seems probable that he would have received a much more thorough beating... or worse. Plainclothes was pretty amped.

It sure looked like plainclothes was so overcome with rage that he was trying to pull the guy out of his car while his seatbelt was still on. Regardless of any verbal interaction, it sure didn't look like any "defensive" moves were required by the plainclothes guy. To say that the level of force was perfectly justified is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

2 Questions About This Thread:
    1. Why is it in the Personal Defense forum?
    2. Is Big Chief making a "nefarious insinuation" by placing this thread in the PD forum?
    Overkill is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Is Big Chief making a "nefarious insinuation" by placing this thread in the PD forum?
    That is a wicked slur.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    ...But seriously Shush....

2 Questions About This Thread:
    1. Why is it in the Personal Defense forum?
    2. Is Big Chief making a "nefarious insinuation" by placing this thread in the PD forum?
    1. Good question.
    2. Yep.

In the personal defense forum it may be construed as a passive aggressive call to action and that physically "defending" oneself from any police action could be needed. Bear in mind these cherry picked examples of police use of force are being presented in a vacuum with little or no broader context given. It's a very CNN approach to reporting something.
    Last edited by JasonMPD; 07-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

1. Good question.
    2. Yep.
    "In the personal defense forum it may be construed as a passive aggressive call to action and that physically "defending" oneself from any police action could be needed. Bear in mind these cherry picked examples of police use of force are being presented in a vacuum with little or no broader context given. It's a very CNN approach to reporting something.
    I construe this as balderdash and jumping to erroneous conclusions.

1. Good question.
    2. Yep.

In the personal defense forum it may be construed as a passive aggressive call to action and that physically "defending" oneself from any police action could be needed. Bear in mind these cherry picked examples of police use of force are being presented in a vacuum with little or no broader context given. It's a very CNN approach to reporting something.
    Now this thread has gone full stupid.

Fake News..................Fake Video................ that's it.

BTW: This doesn't belong in the Politics/2A forum , maybe I could have posted it in General discussion. What difference does it make besides none? Too many folks trying to read into why it is on the SD forum as if there was an insidious reason behind it, there isn't on my part, but only in some of your imaginations.

Delivering roadside corporal punishment because the plainclothes cop was pissed off is wrong as the day is long, period. Then trying to justify it with a string of BS because of what may of happened earlier is beyond belief.

The behavior of the driver at the stop didn't call for it, he pulled over and parked and wasn't resisting arrest and posed no threat to the jackass cop calling him a MF who ran up with his gun drawn. What was the crime then, not moving fast enough to get out of the vehicle for the hotheaded cop with anger management issues.

This is a case where I'm actually happy the ACLU is involved, even cops need to be reminded they are not above the the law they are sworn to enforce not take it into their own hands. They need to be held accountable like everyone else.

It's really an elaborate providence of fait designed to pull you back to the 2/A board where your valued opinions have deserted our search for truth, justice, and the American way.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    It's really an elaborate providence of fait designed to pull you back to the 2/A board where your valued opinions have deserted our search for truth, justice, and the American way.
    I dunno if it is a fiat or a means of skirting the real issue with attacks/innuendos on where it was posted to divert attention away from the real content.

I like myself and others mo better staying off the political side of the house on here. So far I'm holding out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    'allelujah brother .... and pass the mustard.

You're giving me WAY too much credit. I'm not smart enough for all that construing.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chief View Post

BTW: This doesn't belong in the Politics/2A forum , maybe I could have posted it in General discussion. What difference does it make besides none? Too many folks trying to read into why it is on the SD forum as if there was an insidious reason behind it, there isn't on my part, but only in some of your imaginations.
    Some comments, such as mine, could be because:

A. I wonder why some posters get questioned if they post in the "wrong" forum and others get a pass.
    B. I'm bored, I see a big pot and a stick and decide... why not stir?
    Overkill is underrated.

................. I'm bored, I see a big pot and a stick and decide... why not stir?
    Why not climb in it.

Quote Originally Posted by shush View Post
    Why not climb in it.
    The pot holds a whole lot of stupid.

From the video alone, that guy is an ass clown.

No skill displayed (sideways one handed pistol presentation), no tactics displayed (that is not even close to proper vehicle assault techniques), and no professionalism displayed (cussing the whole way).

Regardless the prior actions or perceived justification, that man would get his ass kicked if he worked with me and then kicked off the team.

We are trained to be professional. A quiet professional. Always in control of ourselves and our reaction to our surroundings. If you cannot maintain control and accomplish the mission............move along.

Unprofessional. Uncontrolled.

I cannot control someone else's actions. But, I can control mine. If you cannot, find another line of work.
    Last edited by Zee; 07-09-2017 at 01:00 AM.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    The pot holds a whole lot of stupid.
    Is there a lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    If you cannot, find another line of work.
    Sniffer dog training?
    Last edited by shush; 07-09-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot Buford, it was late.