Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House spray in foam insulation question

Re: House spray in foam insulation question

I spent several years doing industrial maintenance on equipment with 480 volt 3 phase motor circuits and digital controllers, and I do most of my own household electrical, plumbing, and construction work. That's one reason I'm so frustrated with my HVAC contractor. If I've got a wiring diagram to follow or some logical instructions, no problem. I've also got a business name associated with my consulting services, so that's usually sufficient to do business with "professional-only" distributors. Thanks!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

10canyon53,

Quick question, our new house is in the middle of nowhere North Central Texas. The last six miles out to and past our ranch is single phase power. I can't say I've experienced any issues with our small 900 sq foot ranch house other than the HVAC is undersized and can't keep up with the 100 plus degree days. I'm assuming this would probably be a good investment for me to add to the new ranch house that is being built?

As I've read all of these reply's I shouldn't add the additional spray in foam insulation to the roof rafters. In addition, I should make sure I have plenty of ventilation in the attic to circulate air especially the air from inside the house to vent it out of the house.

I don't know that the additional insulation will hurt anything, just not sure if the added cost will have enough of a return on investment. Make sure you have adequate insulation and proper ventilation is extremely important. Might want to ask your HVAC contractor about the possibility of adding an ERV or HRV, which will reduce the amount of wasted heating/cooling when exchanging the air in the house. In cooling an ERV/HRV will transfer some of the heat in the incoming fresh air into the exhaust air, reducing the additional cooling load created by the fresh air. In heating the opposite happens...the heat is transferred from the exhaust air into the fresh air, preventing some of the heat you paid for from being exhausted with the stale air.