Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female concealed carry options?Ok

Female concealed carry options?Ok

Ok, now everyone talking about the type of guns they carry, how they carry and where they carry has me thinking of my best options. I am going to be taking a class at our range to get my Utah and Florida non resident carry permits, since they have a vast amount of states that honor their permits. My question is, how does a woman carry a concealed weapon since our clothing is vastly different. Is it best to carry in a purse? Maybe special undies with a built in holster? This is how I normally dress when we go out, granted I am never alone when I'm in a dress like this, but wear dresses often. Any ideas or input on options?IMG_0424.JPGI don't think a thigh holster or garter type would be an option, and wonder how easy a purse with a built in holster would be? Thanks guys!
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Re: Female concealed carry options?Ok

My wife has a purse with a pocket for the express purpose of carrying a concealed hand gun. No unzipping, clasp opening or anything like that required. If you don't like that option, it seems to me that carrying in an inside the thigh holster would be a bad option at best.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

I don't see a better option for you than a purse with a holster. If you take that route, be sure to keep your situational awareness sharp. One can avoid the vast majority of conflicts with an ounce of preventive measures.

Edited to add: With the gun in a purse instead of on your person, situational awareness is exponentially more important. You don't want someone to grab your purse off you and give a free gun to a criminal.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

First of all being that gorgeous they'll drop dead. Haha. Ok, with that out of the way...

You have to dress around the gun. The A10 Warthog was build around the gun.

In a little black dress there is no viable on-person carry. A purse or handbag with a small .38Spl is probably best.

Carry a full size in your car and a small compact gun in your purse. Use the small gun to fight your way to your car if you need more gun.

It's hard for a woman to be femininely dressed and well armed.

Take some legitimate hand to hand combat courses too. That can go a longer way than having a gun on you.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

You might check out this web site.

http://www.paxtonquigley.com/
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Or a slight wardrobe change maybe in order.
    298216_full.jpg
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.

You could check these out. Got to be something there that you could use. A small frame 5 shot revolver like a S&W or Ruger LCR would be right handy as an accessory and they don't weigh much, either. I have a cute little Charter Arms 5 shot .38 that would be perfect for that duty.

https://www.flashbangstore.com/

And you're usually wearing a couple of pretty dangerous weapons. Grab one of those high heels in the toe area and 'swing for the fence', and bury it in the poopyhead's temple. You also have two thumbs that are very efficient at gouging out eyes. And your knees make pretty good squishers of the 'family jewels', and like shooting, anything worth kneeing is worth multiple kneeing in the same spot. Your mind is a weapon; use it. Improvised weapons can be had pretty much everywhere. Use them. Those cheapo Bic pens are really good in that respect. Pull off cover, top of pen in heel of hand and point out between index and middle finger. Stab hard and drive it in with heel of hand.
    "Tyranny is wonderfully ingenious in the art of inventing specious phrases to spread over its nefarious designs." From the book Tyranny Unmasked by John Taylor of Caloline County, VA. 1821

Fashionable accessories that hide the weapon. If you ever need it, you need it now, not after fumbling for a purse. Might have to alter your clothing choices.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Carry on yourself if possible. Your purse is a target for theft and there goes your gun. In some states that can be a real hassle, reporting it, and your responsibility for on body carry and control. There are lots of purse makers with dedicated concealment compartments. You should already know to have any gun in a holster. One of the unfortunate ways accidental discharges occur is when a handgun is in a purse unholstered, and a lipstick or other tube gets inside the trigger guard and when the purse is jostled or dropped it compresses the trigger, boom.

You are going to need to consider multiple dressing options if you intend to carry all the time. "Dressy" form fitting garments will limit your options. Few of us guys are able to advise you beyond general advice. If ever there was a specialty topic that could use a womans experience and perspective, and reviewing tried and true products, this is it. Maybe you can be it and fill a niche.

Need an in waist band or outside waist band holster, or pocket holster, we can help. I don't even have a good resource to point you to.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings?

Last edited by 10canyon53; 08-23-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Just eat more and develop places to hide the gun
    Go Cowboys go

I am not an advocate of purse carry...a good friend of mine was beaten savagely by a couple of things intent on taking her purse...knowing she had a handgun in the purse, she wouldn't give it up. In the end, she ended up in the hospital for a week and armed a couple of criminals... Still at times it may be your only option.

My wife has tried all manner of carry...and has a box of holsters to prove it....IWB, OWB, flash-bangs....and finally settled on a Sticky Holster worn in appendix carry under a loose top. Your mileage will definitely vary...body style, mode of dress, etc. All play into a successful outcome....you need to find what works best for you....going to some of the female-oriented gun websites may help...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMPD View Post
    First of all being that gorgeous they'll drop dead. Haha. Ok, with that out of the way...

You have to dress around the gun. The A10 Warthog was build around the gun.

In a little black dress there is no viable on-person carry. A purse or handbag with a small .38Spl is probably best.

Carry a full size in your car and a small compact gun in your purse. Use the small gun to fight your way to your car if you need more gun.

It's hard for a woman to be femininely dressed and well armed.

Take some legitimate hand to hand combat courses too. That can go a longer way than having a gun on you.

Lol.... thank you. My question is, how do I dress around the gun? Womens clothes are either short or tight and typically have elastic in them, where guys clothes are usually made to fit loosely allowing for concealment. Girls have so many options in clothing, but when it comes to stuff like carrying a weapon, we come up short. That little black dress is typical for me, and no, there is no feasible way to carry a handgun in it. A thigh holster would only show when I sit because the dress is shorted when seated. When I do get "dressed up" like that though, I am with my boyfriend or parents, and they all carry anyway, so I wouldn't need to carry. There just has to be viable options other than a purse.

Quote Originally Posted by NN View Post
    Just eat more and develop places to hide the gun

But then I wouldn't look good in my little black dress. I would have to try and rock a housecoat lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigDanS View Post
    Carry on yourself if possible. Your purse is a target for theft and there goes your gun. In some states that can be a real hassle, reporting it, and your responsibility for on body carry and control. There are lots of purse makers with dedicated concealment compartments. You should already know to have any gun in a holster. One of the unfortunate ways accidental discharges occur is when a handgun is in a purse unholstered, and a lipstick or other tube gets inside the trigger guard and when the purse is jostled or dropped it compresses the trigger, boom.

You are going to need to consider multiple dressing options if you intend to carry all the time. "Dressy" form fitting garments will limit your options. Few of us guys are able to advise you beyond general advice. If ever there was a specialty topic that could use a womans experience and perspective, and reviewing tried and true products, this is it. Maybe you can be it and fill a niche.

Need an in waist band or outside waist band holster, or pocket holster, we can help. I don't even have a good resource to point you to.

D
    I just need to dress like a nunn and I will be fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    Fashionable accessories that hide the weapon. If you ever need it, you need it now, not after fumbling for a purse. Might have to alter your clothing choices.
    sad, because that takes the fun out of being a 22 year old female. I guess when it comes to a serious issue like carrying a firearm, I have to be open to "changing" some aspects of my life to accommodate others.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    they all carry anyway, so I wouldn't need to carry. .
    Famous last words....

Here is a Flashbang bra holster It wont work with a dress but casual wear might be OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Famous last words....

I know right? Lol. My boyfriends department requires him to carry off duty, so protection has never really been an issue. My dad always carries a gun, so I have always been protected, but realistically if I am attacked again, it wont be while my dad or boyfriend are with me. I just need some good solid options for when I get my permit. It still wont do me much good when I have to wear a dress, but there has to be options for women who carry. They make bra's to hold firearms, special undies and girdle like garments etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Here is a Flashbang bra holster It wont work with a dress but casual wear might be OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw

Will work with a skirt though..... i like the concept, but cant imagine it is very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    Will work with a skirt though..... i like the concept, but cant imagine it is very comfortable.
    Daughter uses one....wife tried one and didn't care for it

A few wardrobe adjustments in the name of safety might be in order- - - - -unless you want to be the best-looking corpse ever to grace a casket.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

They make a few elastic holsters to go around different parts of the body like chest, waist, thigh, ankle and a small, thin autoloader like an LCP or equivalent is the best you're going to do. You'll just have to dress around the gun or look at the only other two options which are a purse, (which I don't advocate for the reasons that have been mentioned) or carrying it internally. (Which you'll need to learn about from a prison inmate.)
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

You're unarmed now. "Sometimes," you or anyone else will choose to be unarmed. The changes in clothing will be sometime as opposed to all the time.

The biggest lethal threat any of us face each day is automobile accidents. The most effective weapon against criminal malice is whats between our ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    A few wardrobe adjustments in the name of safety might be in order- - - - -unless you want to be the best-looking corpse ever to grace a casket.
    Jerry
    Omg...... no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadgib View Post
    They make a few elastic holsters to go around different parts of the body like chest, waist, thigh, ankle and a small, thin autoloader like an LCP or equivalent is the best you're going to do. You'll just have to dress around the gun or look at the only other two options which are a purse, (which I don't advocate for the reasons that have been mentioned) or carrying it internally. (Which you'll need to learn about from a prison inmate.)

You might want to consider a NAA mini revolver for "those times". Tiny, but well made. 1st choice for self defense? Uh, no. Far better than nothing - absolutely! I have one myself, the fairly rare .22 short model:

The far more common .22LR model is only slightly larger (longer cylinder).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    You might want to consider a NAA mini revolver for "those times". Tiny, but well made. 1st choice for self defense? Uh, no. Far better than nothing - absolutely! I have one myself, the fairly rare .22 short model:

I forgot about you, SIGgal, that's an example of something to carry internally.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Quote Originally Posted by early View Post
    "Sometimes," you or anyone else will choose to be unarmed.
    My daughter "chose" to go unarmed one day.... before the day was over she wished she had made a different decision....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    My daughter "chose" to go unarmed one day.... before the day was over she wished she had made a different decision....
    Nothing wrong with being armed whenever one can be armed.