Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Female concealed carry options?Ok

Re: Female concealed carry options?Ok

Oh ferget it. Just sling a BAR over one shoulder and call it good. Nothin' more sexy than a gal with a large rifle who knows how to use it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Vacuum-fitted clothes are really going to cut into your options for carrying other than what I call "nasal inhaler" pistols (you stick them up their nose and hope to clear their sinuses). You're wearing stuff that is intended to enhance certain bulges. As others have said, dress for the gun, don't gun for the dress.

I'd be looking at the current crop of .380 and 9mm locked breech semi autos like the Glock 42 and 43, Springifled XDs, the Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard .380, etc. . . Most of the older blowback designs like the PPK are a lot less fun to shoot, but if you can find an old Colt 1903/1908 pocket hammerless, they're thin and very nice shooters.

The Glock 42, loaded with flat-nosed FMJ's, is probably your best compromise between something that's super-little, while being big enough to grip and shoot effectively. The 43 is a little bigger, but throws a package that's got enough steam to still penetrate effectively after switching up to hollowpoints. Thing is with Glocks, you NEED some kind of holster that covers the triggerguard - jamming them into belts and other straps is not a good idea.

Small-of-back carry is one possible option for girls - you have the curve where your back ends and your butt starts that could effectively conceal something with a short jacket. But that's the problem - you're probably trying to find a jacket short enough to show off your butt, but long enough to hide the pistol.

Purse carry is an option, but not one I'm crazy about. Purses are separate from you, easily separated from you, and they are a common thing for criminals to try to grab.

Knives are WELL worth considering, IF, like handguns, you're willing to learn how to use one properly. Since you seem to like that exercise nonsense anyway, spending some of that time on martial arts would not be wasted.

Best option is probably to get married, tie your man down with a couple of kids, gain 30-40 pounds, stop worrying about what you wear, and pack a handgun that's socially significant.
    Omg I love you Bigslug lol.

Yes, I love my clothing tight to show off my "bulges" lol. I work out really hard, and the guys at Jason's work can't even compete with me.... other than push-ups. I am working on getting my certification as a personal trainer, so fitness is my lifestyle.

With martial arts, what would be a good one to take? I am very interested in this, and all the schools around here offer trial free trial classes to see if you like them before you commit. Knives are good, but what would I get? In Jersey they are illegal if the blade size is a matter of inches, or a fixed blade. I would like a Glock, small of back carry is good since I have the curves etc. I can cover with a shirt, sweater or blouse, no problems. Is the Glock 43 like a Glock 26 size?

And I really really hope marriage is in my future, but I will never get fat lol. Hard to tie my boyfriend down if he thinks I'm fat and ugly :(
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

They DO make a Taser that is designed for you to discard after deployment and walk away while it takes the bad guy on a 30 second ride...your options afterward include...
    A. Unassing the AO...
    B. Kicking the crap out of the bad guy...
    C. Giggling like a girl while the guy flops around like a fish out of water..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    Is the Glock 43 like a Glock 26 size?
    Smaller - and quite a bit thinner as the 26 is a small double stack, and the 43 is a single stack. The 43 and the Ruger LC9s that I ended up with were neck on neck for my carry piece - I liked them both equally.

The martial art of my early 20's was Kung Fu San Soo, which I liked because it's an entirely practical battlefield art without getting bogged down in philosophical mumbo jumbo. I was never interested in any of that spiritual well-being / becoming a better person crap - give me the mechanics. No experience with Krav Maga, but I understand it's got a lot of that usefulness plugged in. Knowing tricks for killing and maiming with your bare hands is useful stuff for just the understanding of body mechanics. I haven't done that stuff in over 20 years, but a lot of that understanding integrates nicely into deploying firearms.

I like one-hand, thumb-hole opening clip-on folding knives. I DO NOT like serrated edges (which do not cut as well as a properly sharpened straight edge) and DO NOT like spring-assisted opening (which I nearly cut myself on every single time I open one). I DO NOT like finger grooves on the grip (which only fit the person who designed the knife and do not allow rapid grip changes). For years I carried Spyderco Enduras until I switched to a Benchmade Griptilian. The Spyderco is a little thinner, the Benchmade seems to have better edge retention and I like the lock mechanism better.

Glock 42 and 43 are both single stacks - MUCH smaller than a 26 (which is a BRICK). And a 5-shot revolver is never a bad call.

Skinny is overrated; unless you plan on cannibalism, you'll be the one who starves first.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

The Glock 43 is a single stack, about like a S&W Shield.

If you're going to dress in a manner that shows your advantages, you can pretty well give up the idea of wearing a body holster. Best to go for a purse holster. And they make some pretty good ones.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
    Several ideas from this video! Since I am petite like she is, dress a little like she does etc, these ideas may work. I like the crossbreed holster a lot too. Pocket carry isn't an option, pocket issue is the same :(

Quote Originally Posted by 10canyon53 View Post

Oldest step-son bought one of those. If photoscrew-up would let me, I have a pic of it side by side with my PM40. it's the same size AND heavier. I'd STRONGLY recommend a Kahr PM9 over one of those. Same basic size, lighter and more than a single shot.

I'll see if I can find the pic on here and upload it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Jim Wilson on FB
    Rubbing people's noses in stuff is rarely the way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    Oh ferget it. Just sling a BAR over one shoulder and call it good. Nothin' more sexy than a gal with a large rifle who knows how to use it!
    I don't think I can lift that one Zorba lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    They DO make a Taser that is designed for you to discard after deployment and walk away while it takes the bad guy on a 30 second ride...your options afterward include...
    A. Unassing the AO...
    B. Kicking the crap out of the bad guy...
    C. Giggling like a girl while the guy flops around like a fish out of water..
    A TASER, while I like the concept for LE, is pretty large and hard to conceal. I think, don't know about civilian TASERs. For SD, I'm opposed to single-shot weapons. What if you miss with the first/only shot?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    A TASER, while I like the concept for LE, is pretty large and hard to conceal. I think, don't know about civilian TASERs. For SD, I'm opposed to single-shot weapons. What if you miss with the first/only shot?
    https://buy.taser.com/taser-bolt/

Small...fits in a purse or a pocket...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

DO NOT get bogged down with the posturing and posing most of the martial arts disciplines seem to treat like a religion. Unarmed self defense needs to concentrate on inflicting disabling injuries as quickly and effectively as possible so you can either run, hide or finish killing the scumbag with a minimum of danger to yourself. If that involves a kick, punch, or head butt that gives you the time and space to be able to draw a gun or a knife, or pick up a big, heavy blunt object, so much the better. Like the quote from Butch Cassidy- - - - -"There ain't no rules!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqhm36sjVE

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    "When a man's down, KICK HIM! If he survives it he can rise above it!"

https://buy.taser.com/taser-bolt/

Small...fits in a purse or a pocket...

Another example of size matters lol.

Push boyfriend towards attackers and run like hell.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by CHIRO1989 View Post
    Push boyfriend towards attackers and run like hell.
    Lol, I wouldn't have to. He is super protective and would be all over it. I can't deny him that, he's a good boy.

Get him to carry a glock for you in his waistband at the small of the back. Always walk on his left with your hand around his beltline behind him............

Alternatively, get him to carry as above, at the first sign of danger, scream loudly, run towards him and throw your arms around him.........keep screaming loudly as you turn and start shooting.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Convert to muslim- - - - -plenty of places to hide an Uzi and a few spare mags under a burkha!
    Jerry

First off, I was going to say pick up a can of Bear Spray and pack that in your purse. It works for bears! But you said pepper spray is highly regulated where you're at so....

Knives...There's a lot of concealable knives on the market but only if you're willing to practice with them. Otherwise, just hand to knife over to the attacker and plead for mercy.

Martial Arts!!! Your small, petite and don't look like much of a threat, that'll work to your advantage. Aikido comes to mind and it really doesn't matter how strong you are to produce dramatic effects on an attacker.

But you're looking for a gun solution. If you make only the slightest adjustment in your fashion arsenal, I think you could pull off something like this:

5ce5aaf88850088e71bc78d04f3dfd75.jpg

It's already been mentioned and you know this first hand. Situational Awareness is your first weapon and getting time on your side to work for you is your best defense. Time to Avoid or Time to Counter.

Just my own random ramblings. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Convert to muslim- - - - -plenty of places to hide an Uzi and a few spare mags under a burkha!
    Jerry
    I would look so hot in a burka lol. I could conceal my VW in there lol

I would look so hot in a burka lol. I could conceal my VW in there lol
    Go with one of the 16 inchers we're discussing in the Gun Trivia thread!

Nothin' more sexy than a gal with a large rifle who knows how to use it!
    Perchance one with a large ring?

Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    ..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.
    I'll never hear the end of this.
    ...But seriously Shush....

Quote Originally Posted by shush View Post
    Perchance one with a large ring?

Is that real? Not sure that would match my bling lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spk View Post
    First off, I was going to say pick up a can of Bear Spray and pack that in your purse. It works for bears! But you said pepper spray is highly regulated where you're at so....

Knives...There's a lot of concealable knives on the market but only if you're willing to practice with them. Otherwise, just hand to knife over to the attacker and plead for mercy.

Martial Arts!!! Your small, petite and don't look like much of a threat, that'll work to your advantage. Aikido comes to mind and it really doesn't matter how strong you are to produce dramatic effects on an attacker.

But you're looking for a gun solution. If you make only the slightest adjustment in your fashion arsenal, I think you could pull off something like this:

5ce5aaf88850088e71bc78d04f3dfd75.jpg

It's already been mentioned and you know this first hand. Situational Awareness is your first weapon and getting time on your side to work for you is your best defense. Time to Avoid or Time to Counter.

Just my own random ramblings. Good Luck.
    See that holster would work under any of my outfits, even dresses! Worst case scenario someone sees the undies while I draw my pistol.. but in a life or death situation and as long as they are clean, that's the least of my worries.

Is that real? Not sure that would match my bling lol
    Are you kidding me? Think of the rocks you could put in dem chambers! Anything from Swarovski Aurora Borealis to diamonds and everything in-between. Times six! I could turn that thing into such bling they'd see it on the ISS, and that'd be before they stage lights came up!!

Mama: "Sally Jane- - - - -don't turn cartwheels when you're wearing a dress- - - - -the boys will see your underwear!"

Sally Jane: "That ain't gonna happen, Mama- - - - -I just don't wear any!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jmPAuC6jE

Jerry

Are you kidding me? Think of the rocks you could put in dem chambers! Anything from Swarovski Aurora Borealis to diamonds and everything in-between. Times six! I could turn that thing into such bling they'd see it on the ISS, and that'd be before they stage lights came up!!
    Show me the diamonds Zorba lol. I will take six, but settle for one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Mama: "Sally Jane- - - - -don't turn cartwheels when you're wearing a dress- - - - -the boys will see your underwear!"

Sally Jane: "That ain't gonna happen, Mama- - - - -I just don't wear any!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jmPAuC6jE

Jerry
    well, actually I never said I did either lol

Krav Maga. My 5' nothing female friend just beat the living snot out of some dude that thought he could snatch her purse in Sao Paulo...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Krav Maga. My 5' nothing female friend just beat the living snot out of some dude that thought he could snatch her purse in Sao Paulo...
    Thats israeli martial arts isn't it Wambli? There is a school not far from me, and I have heard really great things about it... would definitely give it a shot!