Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts of America wanting to accept Girls as scouts?

Boy Scouts of America wanting to accept Girls as scouts?

Been out of the loop for a few days, but I just got looped in on an email from our troop leadership being all in for this.

Anyone have any input on what is going on? As it is, I am about to yank my kid out and just teach him to camp, shoot, and tie knots on my own.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: Boy Scouts of America wanting to accept Girls as scouts?

If this true, the scouts. Seriously. It's in the name. Boy Scouts.
    Don't give me the "but some girls blah blah freaking blah" line of BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post

I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men.

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post
    Been out of the loop for a few days, but I just got looped in on an email from our troop leadership being all in for this.

Anyone have any input on what is going on? As it is, I am about to yank my kid out and just teach him to camp, shoot, and tie knots on my own.
    When my son was a Boy Scout he would have having some girls in his tent

Now all jokes aside, it's a recipe for disaster and will ultimately kill the organization. You troop's leaders are apparently stupid. Your plan is sound...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Have no problem with your plan...one on one time with Dad is better anyway...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

All that anything goes diversity, progressive malarkey is destroying just about every decent institution/organization left in the USA.

Country is going to hell in a handbag. If it doesn't stop everything will be topsy turvy and the America we knew will be gone forever.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    When my son was a Boy Scout he would have having some girls in his tent

Now all jokes aside, it's a recipe for disaster and will ultimately kill the organization. You troop's leaders are apparently stupid. Your plan is sound...
    Another leftist plot to destroy America's institutions. The Boy Scouts instill self-reliance, patriotism, and encourage things like hunting and use of firearms. All things that the left wants to get rid of.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.

When you turn away from your principals and compromise all of the time, do deals, and such, you lose the members that brung ya. There are less kids, which equals less membership. There are people who pulled their kids because it was a faith based org that kissed the leftys buns, which equals less membership. They have taken on as corporate doctrine sticking lifestyles in kids faces that are really to young and this is not the venue, which equals less membership. The merit badges have been dumbed down and wussified to almost a girl scout level.

You have to find people to keep the corporate money flowing, so after you chase you core group away, you open it up to anyone.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

A couple of our "leaders" are all for it... they are also "Venturing" leaders. They also whole heartedly endorse "Scouts for Equality", and their push for a rainbow shoulder patch.

Hope they EARN Eagle before it totally gets flushed.
    Support your local Scouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Wambli Ska View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven habits of highly effective pirates
    Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I have a lot of mixed emotions and good memories of the BSA, but, none of this surprises me. I pulled my three sons out of the BSA around 1990 due to the changes they were embracing. And, it's only got worse. The LDS cut ties earlier this year after they chose to welcome girls who identified as boys. I'm afraid the "Boy" Scouts no longer exist.

Hawk

Yep, going downhill on a fast train lately...............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Sc..._controversies

"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and, until January 2014, prohibited all "known or avowed homosexuals",[1] from membership in its Scouting program. The ban on adults who are "open or avowed homosexuals"[2] from leadership positions was lifted in July 2015.[3] Prior to these policy changes, BSA had denied or revoked membership status or leadership positions for violation of these foundational principles. The BSA had contended that its policies were essential in its mission to instill in young people the values of the Scout Promise, or Oath, and Scout Law.[1][4]

The organization's legal right to have these policies has been upheld repeatedly by both state and federal courts. In Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, the Supreme Court of the United States has affirmed that as a private organization, the BSA can set its own membership standards. The BSA's policies have been legally challenged but have not been found to constitute illegal discrimination because as a private organization in the United States, the BSA has the right to freedom of association,[5] as determined in the court case.[6] In recent years, the policy disputes have led to litigation over the terms under which the BSA can access governmental resources, including public lands.

These policies have led to various disputes and controversies. In 2012, both Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and then President Barack Obama stated that they opposed the ban on gay Scouts.[7][8] On May 23, 2013, the BSA's National Council approved a resolution to remove the restriction denying membership to youth on the basis of sexual orientation alone effective January 1, 2014. The policy for adult leaders remained in place until July 27, 2015.[9]"
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I thought the girl issue was old news
    Someone please play Jingle Bells

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Another leftist plot to destroy America's institutions. The Boy Scouts instill self-reliance, patriotism, and encourage things like hunting and use of firearms. All things that the left wants to get rid of.
    Which of those things should not be taught to girls?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Will the Boy Scouts start selling cookies, too??!!! If so I'm all for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by alphasigmookie View Post
    They all should.
    In Girl Scouts. .

There are a couple or more scouting type organizations that are coed - why don't parents who want their kids in a coed program enroll them in one instead of biatching about the established gender specific ones? I don't get it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    "Religion can't be allowed the coercive power of government,
    government can't be allowed the 'moral' justification of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by zorba View Post
    There are a couple or more scouting type organizations that are coed - why don't parents who want their kids in a coed program enroll them in one instead of biatching about the established gender specific ones? I don't get it.
    Buy the man in the skirt a beer!

You know what I do if I find something I'm excluded from for whatever reason? I find something else. Isn't that amazing? I mean, who would have though that was possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bullsi1911 View Post

Girl scouts are accepting transgender boys, too, so............................

I think your idea is the way to go. The weirdness of both organizations is going off the charts.

A spectrum of websites explaining the Girl Scouts position in case Gene L needs a 'cite'.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ving-life-girl

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/10/31/...he-girl-scout/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...o-their-ranks/
    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.Mark Twain - Notebook, 1898
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Make_My_Day View Post
    Oh Man Noel you nailed it!!! And though I admire the hell out of dads like Bullsi There's something about the boys being together doing things. I think both are important, being with dad and being with other boys his own age. There's a balance there and if he loses his comradity with other guys his age it will rob him of some great experiences. And besides all this, who the hell's gonna sell cookies?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Boy Scout Cookies just doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by snake284; 07-29-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

It's not about what's taught. You just don't get it. If we could get you on board with some sense of comradity. I wasn't in the Military, but it wasn't because I didn't try. You should have been in it. Maybe you would have learned something. In case you're totally clueless it's called a GUY thing.

And I think it's totally foolish to take one of the most successful societies on this planet and change everything about it. I know you libs don't believe it but we didn't get where we are for no reason.

Whats not to get? In the current time frame where parents have grown up with participation trophys they get what they want when they want it. Now they are teaching their spawn. The BSA was the BEST youth org at one time, hands down, no question so they want to be a part of it. Things like worship and no deviant behavior. The BSA had standards and practices that made it the best youth org, and those that chose (read that word twice) not to adhere the the standards and practices because it was to hard, or "we dont want to do that", didnt just move on down the road, they selfishly demanded that everyone else conform to their ideals. Standard progressive tactics that work because no one has the backbone to tell these children that NO is an real answer and a full sentence. The word children refers to the whiny butt parents also. However, those that were the core did move on and what is left is a whitewashed house with no foundation.
    Last edited by Varmintmist; 07-29-2017 at 05:39 PM.

All of them should be and they used to be taught in the girl scouts. The GS was infected with the liberal bs long before the BSA. My sister did real winter camping with the GS. My daughters went to a weekend summer camp, swam and "funyaked" in a pond and did art projects because that was about all that was left after all of the good stuff was dumbed down because of "inclusion".
    So now the girls that want to experience some of what they used to be able to do in the GS want to get into the BSA because at least until the first Mary gets a boo boo at summer camp, they at least have a few things that arent finger painting merit badges.
    Last edited by Varmintmist; 07-29-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintmist View Post
    Whats not to get? In the current time frame where parents have grown up with participation trophys they get what they want when they want it. Now they are teaching their spawn. The BSA was the BEST youth org at one time, hands down, no question so they want to be a part of it. Things like worship and no deviant behavior. The BSA had standards and practices that made it the best youth org, and those that chose (read that word twice) not to adhere the the standards and practices because it was to hard, or "we dont want to do that", didnt just move on down the road, they selfishly demanded that everyone else conform to their ideals. Standard progressive tactics that work because no one has the backbone to tell these children that NO is an real answer and a full sentence. The word children refers to the whiny butt parents also. However, those that were the core did move on and what is left is a whitewashed house with no foundation.
    We don't always agree, but we sure do on this subject!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

For the same reason atheists want ME to dispose of my God anywhere THEY might be. Somehow, I have to live to please THEM...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

The way I see it it should be up to the individual troops. If your local community wants to have a troop that lets in girls go for it! If you want to form an all girl troop go for it! If you want only boys like it always was no problem, let the people who want girls start their own troop. Ultimately I don't think the national organization matters that much. It's the parents on the ground running the troop and teaching the kids that really matters. Let them make their own decisions.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

The way I see it it should be up to the individual troops. If your local community wants to have a troop that lets in girls go for it! If you want to form an all girl troop go for it! If you want only boys like it always was no problem, let the people who want girls start their own troop. Ultimately I don't think the national organization matters that much. It's the parents on the ground running the troop and teaching the kids that really matters. Let them make their own decisions.
    Uhm, you would be wrong, they maintain the standards and enforce the rules that allow boys to become men, they raise funds to maintain Scout camps and High Adventure camps, the Troops would not exist without the Organization, the written down and time tested organization. An Eagle badge would mean nothing without the standards set forth, individual Troops can and do fall apart when there is deviation from the standards.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

It is all about the liberal logic and the parents who live by it. To be honest, my time in girl scouts didn't involve boys and none of us wanted boys to be involved. My little brother was in cub scouts and they all are highly afraid of girls....just like we thought boys have cooties. Scouting is just another part of American life that is lost to liberalism, and it is just cramming liberal ideology down the throats of the kids who want to do normal kid things.
    "Marriage is a hunting permit that allows you only one dear at a time"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SIGgal View Post
    It is all about the liberal logic and the parents who live by it. To be honest, my time in girl scouts didn't involve boys and none of us wanted boys to be involved. My little brother was in cub scouts and they all are highly afraid of girls....just like we thought boys have cooties. Scouting is just another part of American life that is lost to liberalism, and it is just cramming liberal ideology down the throats of the kids who want to do normal kid things.
    Well said.

I'm referring strictly to the BOY Scouts. In response to your wise-ass question, girls should learn the same things. The issue is having girls in the BOY Scouts, which is a dumb-sht lib idea.
    Political correctness is a liberal degrading of the freedom of speech. George Orwell's 1984 famously incorporated the notion of limiting thought through language (see Newspeak)." Meanwhile, the beatings will continue until morale improves around here.